Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Gravity Rush is the best portable game ever.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 123 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:17:36 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I liked Gravity Rush a lot. I've played tons of handheld games and outside of the RPG genre it's the best handheld game I've played. Most of my favorite handheld RPG's used to be on a home console anyway. I may play through GR again at some point because flying around is fun and the trophies from my 1st playthrough aren't on my account : (

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:18:18 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
It is interesting that the people that stay on topic are being accused of immaturity.
Because low blows and name calling is now the sign of a gentleman.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:19:09 AM PST
Better than tetris?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:20:07 AM PST
Totido says:
I'm the same. I like Gravity Rush, but I agree with Donnie. It is not the best hand held game ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:20:22 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Doug has never posted anything that is remotely constructive and insults people all the time. I feel fighting fire with fire is best when it comes to cretins like him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:21:31 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I'd give tetris a slight edge now that I think about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:22:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:24:04 AM PST
wow donnie, didnt know you cared so much about me and my marriage. I should have contacted you in 2006, what was I thinking.

but lets get back on topic and talk about this game you play for two mins and now have formed in an in depth review/opinion. Youre like one of those guys who can read an entire 500 page book in under 5mins. Youre even a cut above, you dont even have to read the whole book, you know what its about just by reading/looking at the cover. Youre a beast!

So can you please tell us all the details (please no spoilers) from that 2min demo you played? We look forward to your in depth review of this game. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:23:13 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I even gave it 5 stars. I absolutely loved the game. So it's one of the best, if not the best, on the Vita for many people, but not the best ever. I think that's going overboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:25:48 AM PST
"I feel fighting fire with fire is best"

All I've seen is him asking you to give your thoughts on why a short demo defines a game, then you replying with an insult towards a poster's personal life.

I don't understand how that's "fire with fire".

I agree with you, the demo was bland. However, it didn't reflect the full game. I did not enjoy the demo and did not purchase the game initially because of it. I bought it after reading all the glowing VGF reviews and don't regret the purchase. Well, maybe a little because it's a PS+ offering now, but still. It's one of the best on the Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:28:28 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I never said a "short demo defines a game". He put those words in my mouth with the intent to troll because he's incapable of normal constructive conversation. The only opinion I put out anywhere in this thread is that based on my time spent with the demo I don't believe it is the best handheld game ever made. I really don't think that's unreasonable and warrants what transpired over the past few pages. But hey, such is the VGF.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:28:30 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
You have to realize that everyone here, except donnie, is completely insane and therefore less of a human and not to be treated with respect or dignity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:31:42 AM PST
Based on your original post I believe you were the one that instigated the entire argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:33:20 AM PST
P. Oyer says:
My most played are FIFA and Virtua Tennis. Super Stardust was the cream of the Launch lineup. Rayman Origins is fantastic.

I just started AC3 and Ragnarok Odyssey right before I got my WiiU.

Unit 13 and Uncharted are solid.

The Vita can also play the PSP versions of FF4 and FF Tactics.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:34:39 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Well I have actually seen Donnie talking about games before. Although he does act like any other troll in Sony related threads. Game preference is strictly opinion of course. I would be curious to know what his favorite handheld game is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:36:27 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
If a joking harmless question instigated an argument like this what does that say about the people who post on here?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:37:08 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
That's tough, maybe TWEWY.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:39:05 AM PST
'I really don't think that's unreasonable and warrants what transpired over the past few pages. But hey, such is the VGF. '

youre right, Im sorry I got so personal with you and got away from the topic. Will you ever forgive me?

btw....I never said that your 2min preview defines a game but you sure gave your review of that game based on that very short experience of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:40:13 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I reviewed the game? Dude, just stop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:43:26 AM PST
"Based on the demo I would absolutely say that Gravity Rush is not as good as other handheld games that I've played. I'm pretty sure that's a reasonable opinion though..."

You did only post your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I agree with you; the GR demo was pretty blah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:52:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:53:17 AM PST
your review/opinion

=============

uncledonnie3 says: Based on the [2 minute] demo I would absolutely say that Gravity Rush is not as good as other handheld games that I've played. I'm pretty sure that's a reasonable opinion though...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:17:41 AM PST
saskamazon says:
good to hear - I just picked up Virtua Tennis yesterday - wanted it since launch .... really looking fwd to playing it on the Vita ...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:20:55 AM PST
JWK says:
A thread about a Sony game turns into donnie and flores/doug yelling at each other. In other words, today is Wednesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:25:34 AM PST
P. Oyer says:
The world tour mode plays like a board game. You get randomly drawn cards that you use to move on the board. What you land on decides what you play.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:28:13 AM PST
Soulshine says:
[runs out of sugar cane field buck naked swinging 2 machetes screaming VITAAHHAYIEAHYAYAYAYAYAYE!!!]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:37:25 AM PST
Interesting. I had the same experience, for the opposite reason. That is, I got about an hour in and lost interest. I 100% agree about the flying mechanic being fun, but too tedious to control and have it be fun. But the ONLY reason I was remotely interested was because of the story. The gameplay (see above re: flying mechanic) is what offset any interest in moving forward, for me.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  123
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions