Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 9:22:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:11 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I know there are some fans of these games on here, Ben? Kirk?

Well I just watched this trailer for #3: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/oofzia/naruto-shippuden--ultimate-ninja-storm-3-tailed-beasts-trailer

It looks absolutely insane, and I kind of want it.

I watched a bunch of Naruto in college, I got to the point where Sasuke left and Naruto was training with that dude on a giant toad or something like that.

Which game should I start with? I was reading that the first game covers episodes 1-135? but then a review of the second one said it covered episodes 1-175, do they cover the same period? Should I just get Ultimate Ninja Storm 2?

Also, how much of these games is actual fighting? Basically, I've never really played a fighting game before outside of button mashing in Marvel Vs Capcom games. Would I be able to beat these games? are they difficult?

Thanks for the advice.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 1:29:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 1:30:13 AM PST
Like you, I have watched a few arcs of the Naruto storyline years ago and of the Ultimate Ninja Storm series I have played the first one extensively with friends and then Generations without. It's a decent series and does consist of one on one fighting with team support from a unique angle, although I believe the new one has exploration in between fights much like the first one. Not too in-depth fighting mechanics, easy to pick up, and visually pleasing to watch. You could probably start on this next entry with no worries as I assume it will come with a back story/flashback option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:26:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
thanks. anyone else?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:38:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:43:01 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
As far as the story goes, I think Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Storm covers the entirety of Naruto - the episodes when he's younger. Basically all the episodes you had seen up to Sasuke leaving. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 covers all of Naruto Shippuden (immediately following the original Naruto when he's a bit older) all the way up to the "Pain arc". So different periods are covered in the games.

From my understanding, the first game is more focused on one-on-one fighting than the second. The second has more exploration of Konoha (Leaf Village) as well as more boss encounter style fights. Those are the reasons that I'm in interested in it - the fighting is pretty simple from what I've played, and the boss battles and little bit of exploration look really cool. I'm not into fighting games, as you may know. Personally, I'm skipping the first one in favor of the second because of all this. If you want a little refresher on the story you might want to start with the first, though.

As far as Generations goes, if I'm not mistaken, it's ALL one-on-one fighting, which I have no interest in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:39:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah Generations didn't seem very interesting.

I might just get the first 2, can always skip ahead if I don't like the first, it's like 13 bucks used at Gamestop.

Cool, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:48:48 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
You called Marvel Vs Capcom button mashers? Prepare for the hat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:32 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I can handle it.

edit: Maybe I can't, added an "in" to my OP =p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:54:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:20 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Kirk is pretty much right on. The first game covers the entire Naruto series when he is younger, 2 covers the Shippuden series up through the fight with Pain.

The first game has a fully interactive Konoha to run around in, but that is the only place you can go between missions. 2 has you going all over the place and taking control of many different characters.

Both of them are fighting games when it comes down to it, but they are super easy and pretty much require you to press one button. 2 has much more exploration, the fighting takes a back seat to the rest of the game. They both have cool giant boss fights, but the boss fights in 2 are amazing. There are a lot of QTE sequences in the boss fights, if you played any of Asura's Wrath you will know what to expect, same developer.

Generations is a straight up fighter with characters from the original series and Shippuden, no exploration of any kind, not recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:46 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Thanks dude, I definitely want to try these out, #3 looks ridiculously epic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:57:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:57:58 AM PST
Benpachi says:
No prob, man, you can't go wrong for the price these days. If 3 is half as good as 2, it will be incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:26:19 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Frig, this must be like the ultimate Naruto game. Every game of theirs has the words "Ninja," "Storm," or "Ultiamte" somewhere in the title. This one has all three?!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:54:39 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
So I ended up grabbing both games for 30 bucks after work.

Put about 4 hours in #1, really enjoying it so far; the fighting is great, and definately easy, which is much appreciated lol.

It is kind of hard to connect attacks at times with all the jumping around, and it took me awhile to figure out the Jutsu's and Ultimate Jutsu's(only did Sakura's so far, and it looked AMAZING).

Having tons of fun jumping around the town and doing sidequests.

But my biggest disappointment so far is there really isn't much story.

I mean, I understand they can't fully cover 135 episodes of an anime in a 15-20 hour game, but I thought there would be at least a few cutscenes. I am fairly early in the game, but my first encounter with Orochimaru was literally, see him, fight him, read that he messed you up, and then move on with the game. I am assuming this stuff has more focus in #2?

Cool game though, didn't want to shut it off lol.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 8:35:52 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Will be getting it. Awesome series. That is all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions