Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Gravity Rush is the best portable game ever.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 123 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 5:50:27 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I thought this game was going to be dum but I just couldn't put it down. I'm only an hour or two in it but I just can't wait to pick it back up on my lunch break.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:56:57 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I take it you haven't played many games on handhelds?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:59:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I got about an hour in before I never touched it again. I liked the flying mechanic, but being precise with it was a little too tedious for my taste. I just like flying around and collecting orbs in that game; I didn't much care to advance the story.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:59:53 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I almost played this last night. Looking forward to starting it.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:00:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:01:38 AM PST
I'm wavering with this game. I want to like it and I certainly don't hate it but I think the combat could have been handled a little better and I agree with Fox about the tedium of floating.

Like why is there no "lock on" mechanic? Hopefully there isn't one that I missed ...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:00:54 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Yeah it is tricky but I've got the hand of it now. I flew up into the black hole several times. I think its a fresh new mechanic in gaming. And no I really haven't played that many hand held games haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:04:06 AM PST
There's a lock on mechanic in combat I think.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:19:30 AM PST
Yeah there is a lock on you get it by ugrading your abilities when the game first starts the nevi are very stationary they get tougher and move around more by the end of the game but there is sort of a loose lock on system once you upgrade. Its not an auto hit when locked you still have to kind of steer Kat but you are guided towards your target.

There are some tough hidden boss battles to that were really fun an challenging prob wouldnt have found them either unless i was going for plat on the game.

I thought the gameplay was awesome but didnt care for the story. Gravity Rush is my 3rd fav Vita game.

1 Uncharted
2 Unit 13
3 Gravity Rush

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:24:30 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Cool, I'll be sure to check this out.

Hopefully Unit 13 comes to plus at some point.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:38:02 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Gravity Rush is an amazing game. The combat does take some getting used to but once you do it is really fun. Same with the floating and flying around, once you get the hang of it it becomes incredibly fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:42:21 AM PST
And I take you haven't even played this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:44:57 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:48:46 AM PST
Look who you are talking to. I wouldn't trust Donnie on anything Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:49:38 AM PST
I direct your attention to monster Hunter freedom unite...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:52:07 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:52:43 AM PST
You played the Demo for two minutes and already have an opinion?
Seems legit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:53:54 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:54:06 AM PST
I never stated my opinion on Gravity Rush either way so pointing towards me is idiotic of you. I honestly haven't played the game yet but was planning on trying it out this weekend since it looks like a fantastic game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:56:40 AM PST
I may try it now that PS+ gave it to me. Same with uncharted... never played an uncharted game before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:57:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:57:58 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
What's funny is I never really stated an opinion on the game either. All I said was that saying Gravity Rush is the best portable game ever leads me to believe that person has not played many handheld games (which the OP later admitted to). Of course that sent Flores and other SDF members into a blind rage followed by downvotes and interrogation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:57:42 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
MH games aren't really my thing - to much focused on questing and MP. I get that lots of people love them, just not me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:58:26 AM PST
I never touch the MP aspect. But of course not all games are for everyone :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:59:06 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
And yet if any other person on this board (besides M) had said it, nobody would have batted an eye.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:01:13 AM PST
In a way though, saying something like that is pretty much saying that Gravity Rush isn't as good as other handheld games. You can't claim something like that if you aren't putting an opinion out there on the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:01:57 AM PST
I take it you dont have a Vita.

or

I bet you probably let your same friend that you let borrow your PS3 borrow your Vita...amirite?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  123
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions