Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Scott Pilgrim loves Ramona Flowers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 9:41:33 AM PST
Error says:
Hello VGF,

I just wanted to take a minute to shower Scott Pilgrim: The Game with a little praise. I purchased this wonderful ROCK-N-ROLL ACTION LOVE-STORY for the 8-BIT GENERATION just two days ago and have already logged maybe twelve hours of play (a lot for me).

I had heard the gameplay was very similar to the NES classic River City Ransom. Collecting change from defeated enemies to purchase food, beverage, and special items is a blast and grants stat boosts and special abilities. While Scott and his crew punch and kick assorted baddies while double-tapping to run just as in RCR, the advanced moves and extreme boss battles bring gameplay to new levels of AWESOME. The multiplayer experience is reminiscent of the best parts of the Simpsons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade games, which a healthy dose of Double Dragon and Streets of Rage thrown in the mix.

The soundtrack is done entirely by chiptune group Anamanaguchi. Individual level and boss tracks are nicely tailored to the environments and pelt you with wave upon wave of nostalgia. These songs will pump you up and lodge themselves firmly in the recesses of your brain.

I would take me a long time to list all the things I love about this game so I will just say if you have any interest in the Scott Pilgrim Universe (whether through the graphic novels or movie) you should not hesitate to pick up and enjoy this little gem if you haven't already. Same applies to any fans of 8 and 16-bit scrolling fighters.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:42:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The levels are SO looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:43:18 AM PST
Error says:
not even...maybe 10minutes

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:45:00 AM PST
jtshiel says:
This game was so hard that I gave up. I couldn't beat level 3 or 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:45:23 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Easily my favorite downloadable game, and one of my overall favorites this gen. I can't recommend it enough. Online MP would have been nice, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:48:29 AM PST
Error says:
I agree completely Emu. Local is nice but I'd much rather get a nice online group. I didn't really consider the game to be that difficult, did you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:48:32 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
They have online MP now

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:49:48 AM PST
Error says:
Really? Is it an add-on?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:52:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:52:38 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
No. I solo'd it on the hardest difficulty without too much trouble. You just have to go back to the shopping district every so often and spend your cash. Strength is by far the best attribute to upgrade, with Will being the most useless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:54:12 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
This is from August

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/8/7/3225808/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-dlc-online-multiplayer-new-character

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, the 2010 downloadable beat-'em-up based on Bryan Lee O'Malley's comic book series, is getting online multiplayer and a new character in an upcoming add-on, Major Nelson revealed today.

The downloadable content, which will cost $5 (400 Microsoft Points), brings in Wallace Wells, Scott Pilgrim's 25-year-old gay roommate, as a playable character. It is scheduled to be released on August 19th.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game originally launched on Xbox Live Arcade on August 25th, 2010, and on the PlayStation Network on August 10th of that year. It only featured local multiplayer gameplay, so we're happy to hear that it's finally going online - even if it's two years afterward.

We've reached out to Ubisoft to see if this add-on will also be made available for the PSN version of the game.

Update: Fear not, PSN players. A Ubisoft representative told Polygon over email, "The content will be available on both XBLA and PSN. More information regarding the DLC will be available closer to launch."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:55:02 AM PST
Error says:
Agreed. I love how you get the massive speed boost when you take down a bunch of enemies quickly without getting hit. How do you unlock the little area behind the first level?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:56:02 AM PST
Error says:
Thanks Kin-foot

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:59:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:59:28 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I do remember reading this, actually. I haven't played it since then, though. I bought the Knives content a while ago and never got around to trying her out. I beat the game with Scott, Ramona, and Kim, but I think the last time I stopped playing I hadn't quite finished going through it with Stephen Stills (The Talent).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:59:44 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I have no idea.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:01:56 AM PST
Error says:
Oh well, you know what I was talking about though right? It looks like a radio tower?

Also, do you happen to know what you get for paying off Scott's late fees at the video store?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:03:06 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It's been a while, but I think so.

You get the ability to buy 1-ups from them for super cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:03:23 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Only took them two years to patch it. I'm not surprised people forgot or missed it haha. Note I haven't tried it myself. By the time they released it, me and my friends have moved on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:05:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:43:00 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I still break it out every once in a while. Playing it is just pure nostalgic joy for me, even if there really is no challenge or surprises at this point.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:38:38 AM PST
TCB says:
It's free for PS+ players right now.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:04:49 AM PST
Nicos says:
Yeah, fantastic game. Everything about it worked. My only complaint about it was that it has the patented Ubisoft un-skippable end credits crawl. I timed it. I was over 11 minutes. IIRC you had to sit through it to get credit for the cheevo/trophy for beating it with every character. It made me never want to beat the last boss.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:10:35 AM PST
waxc3 says:
start with the heart sword on every level and the game is never hard.
or grind the first levels over and over. but the right upgrades and nothing can ever hurt ya again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions