Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New PS All-Stars DLC Characters - Isaac Clark and Zeus

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2013 8:09:57 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/27/isaac-zeus-and-the-unfinished-swan-join-playstation-all-stars

ack in December, we brought word about PlayStation All-Stars' first DLC: Kat from Gravity Rush, Emmett Graves from Starhawk and a WipeOut/Heavenly Sword crossover stage. Today, IGN is proud to bring you word of the next batch of All-Stars DLC, due out this March: Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, Zeus from God of War, and a crossover stage built on elements from MediEvil and The Unfinished Swan.

Kat and Emmett are quite different from one another, and thankfully, so too are Isaac and Zeus. Isaac reminds me most of characters like Jak, Nathan Drake, and even Colonel Radec: he's a character that relies on his arsenal of weapons and projectile attacks, but can hold his own at close range when forced into situations that require it. Zeus, on the other hand, is a powerhouse, a physical behemoth perhaps most reminiscent of Big Daddy.

But talking about the characters only goes so far. Below is an exclusive 27-minute commentary I conducted with Sony's Seth Killian. We go into practice mode with both characters and he explains everything both Isaac and Zeus are capable of.

f course, if you want a quicker look at the characters - as well as the MediEvil/The Unfinished Swan stage - check out our shorter video preview below. You can also scope-out our image gallery for new images.

Isaac Clarke, Zeus and the MediEvil/The Unfinished Swan stage are all set for release on the PlayStation Network on March 19th, and will be available for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Pricing details are still unknown.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 8:11:16 AM PST
Voice of god says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=TxE766HJ2IH5TW

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 8:23:08 AM PST
saskamazon says:
the new stage looks pretty cool ... the crossover between Unfinished Swan & Medievil ... looked almost like a Halloween setting ... looking fwd. to it ... but if each character is $5 - could get expensive ... I think it should be both for that price.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 8:38:08 AM PST
Imma get this and just yell "ZEUS!!" at the screen all day.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 8:46:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2013 8:47:11 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I find it kinda funny that the logical rivalry battle would be Kratos and Zeus, but since Zeus is DLC and Kratos' is Sweet Tooth, it's going to have to be Isaac instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:18:00 AM PST
K Archer says:
Nothing says they can't change it...I know they won't, but they can...

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 10:19:32 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Any word what these will cost?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 11:28:49 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:54:24 PM PST
DVvM says:
When will we be getting Crash Bandicoot?

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:55:02 PM PST
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 12:57:35 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I really hope they do the same thing they did with Kat and Emmett... but I feel like if they were going to do that, they would have said so in this announcement. They'll likely be priced the same as the other characters now: $5 each.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 2:50:37 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
This game just keeps getting better and better. Isaac looks tight and I'll use him for sure. I don't like anyone else with guns in the games but he'll be tight to use. His combos look like fun. Zeus is obviously overpowered and will rise to the most annoying characters in the game.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 6:35:42 PM PST
Deadcell says:
$5 is way too much if that's what they're priced for. I thought SFIV's DLC was ridiculously expensive....

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 9:28:29 PM PST
saskamazon says:
if you purchase GOWA, you will receive a code for both new characters free of charge ... adds another $10 value to the purchase for folks wanting the DLC ...

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 11:11:29 PM PST
I really hope they give this DLC away for free like the last two. I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive from IGN but I can't argue with a free game so I will be patient. I wish they offered the characters and new stage together in a pack for a discounted price but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least I didn't see anything like that when I nabbed Kat and Emmett from the store on my PS3.

Good to know Super Bot is still working on new characters and that Sony didn't kick them to the curb completely. Got hopes we'll see an All-Stars 2 as I would love for Sony to have a series that rivals Smash Bros.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:51:39 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
isaac clark... awesome. i couldn't really get into Kat or Emmett

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:07:09 AM PST
Nicos says:
hahaha Sony has no ideaz™

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:21:55 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Not that I disagree with you, but Blazblue's DLC characters were $8 each, so this at least isn't as bad as that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:24:04 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Sony's ability and willingness to pull in third party characters can really put legs into the series. I'm hoping for a bright future for this as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:24:11 AM PST
The theory of DLC relativity.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:28:22 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Haha, it's just that every time someone mentions being nickel and dimed by fighting game character DLC, I think back to Blazblue. They were really the first one to do it, even before Capcom, yet nobody ever hats on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:29:27 AM PST
I've always wondered why Blazblue gets a pass but Capcom is PURE EVIL.

Well, Capcom does do the "already on the disc" thing, which is irritating.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:41:22 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I don't know, I never paid for any BlazBlue DLC. Arc System Works is a much smaller company with a much smaller fan base, I imagine that is the biggest reason. Continuum Shift Extend came with all of the DLC characters and also has the story mode from Calamity Trigger included for people who never played it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:42:01 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Blazblue did the "already on hard drive via patch" thing, same as PS All Stars. This is why I didn't get mad about the "already on disc" thing. I honestly believe that Capcom was naive enough to not see the difference in perception that would cause.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:45:13 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Ah, you mean Super Blazblue... I never picked that one up.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions