Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Planetside 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 5:54:39 AM PST
A recent discussion on the Steam sale for this week, or lack thereof, shifted to a discussion on Planetside 2 and shooter mechanics in general. That was my fault...

Anyway, a recap:
Free MMOFPS that looks and plays well and isn't pay-to-win.
Good shooting mechanics (like Call of Duty according to one poster) with a Halo-esque sci-fi aesthetic.

Any other thoughts on the game?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:55:59 AM PST
I think it looks gorgeous and they did an excellent job on the cash shop.

All weapons and items in game are unlocked only through playing the game, not the cash shop. There is no pay to win option and they have a lot of cosmetic upgrades for players and guilds. I think it'll do well.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:57:42 AM PST
IPhantom says:
Let's get a vgf guild going, or at least try to coordinate on the same server. I honestly can't even remember the name of the one I played on last night, but would be willing to start again on a different server if other people want to play.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:00:31 AM PST
The online community of which I am a member has a group going (not sure what it's called in this game) called No Smacktards, but I don't know what server we're supposed to be on. I haven't started playing yet.

http://nosmacktards.com

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:21:50 AM PST
NCGuy says:
My computer is too old to even waste my time dloading it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:19:52 AM PST
Have you checked the system requirements? I've heard that it scales decently to less than optimal hardware if you lower the settings enough. I don't know from experience, though.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:04:11 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Has anyone played it yet? I have it DLed on my laptop, but login issues and the fact that my laptop keeps freezing has prevented me from trying it yet. Really curious as to how it is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions