Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:55:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have to do Blight before Capra so I can get that great shield.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:55:28 AM PST
That first one is easy, lure him to where you have the three guys in the open before the archer in the tower. There's TONS of room there. He takes forever since you're sooooo low level and your weapons are unupgraded, but he's not too bad.

And didnt know you could lure that guy all the way down, i figured he'd turn around and go back so never tried.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:56:56 AM PST
Sars says:
I hear ya i normally summon people to help me with the carpra demon. once you get rid of the dogs the carpra demon isnt that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:57:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 10:57:22 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I do lure him there, but when I beat him, I end up dive attacking him.

The first time I went up there, I didn't know he was there and I ended up aggroing him. I got to the bottom of the stairs and relaxed thinking that because I didn't see him, he must have went back to his spot. Nope, as soon as I swing the camera behind my character I see a sword burst through my chest and I die. He followed me all the way down.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:00:32 AM PST
I have an SL 40 mixed build. I'm going to get him to AL and should be good to go whenever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:01:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Awesome. I'll probably be on tonight or some time this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:31:46 PM PST
Ok, I'm SL 51 and just killed the first gargoyle. Going to save the game here. I don't know if I'll be on tonight, but I can definitely help this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:33:21 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's cool. I'll be around this weekend. That gives me time to finally try to put Bastion away. I had to restart that ****ing game again, and I have no idea what happened to my save file.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:25:01 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
The Souls games are awesome. It;s actually how I found this forum, purchased Dark Souls from amazon and was worried I would not get it day one. Then there was the original Dark Souls thread and Capt K taught me about the Crystal Ring Shield (You lads rememebr that) and how to get to the catacombs.

I stuck Demons Souls in the other night just to compare the two, sucked straight in again. Last night just fought Garl Vinland, he would give Bishop Havel a run for his money.

These games are epic, so much detail on little things like having two different sized elevators for Ornstein and Smough and the staircases in Anor Londo have steps for regular people and then in the middle have bigger steps for the Giant Sentinels. And they do consume you, I can't be the only one that will pick up every weapon even knowing I won't use it for my current character, I have even paid a lad to design me a costume warhammer model sized Ornstein, lol. Mega nerd here lol.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:04:12 PM PST
Oh look, a friendly butcher NPC.

Oh crap, not npc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:22:26 PM PST
gotta love the depths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:25:56 PM PST
Dont forget to check out behind where he was standing ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:28:24 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
Quite a lot behind him, also a drop to get the Spider Shield which will help in Btown.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:29:33 PM PST
Lol well I didnt want to spoil it too much. I remember how paranoid I was the first time through there. Saw the hole and was like "Ha! You're not getting me with that junk, I'm not dumb enough to drop down a hole like that!". Only to find out I should have been dumb enough to drop down the hole :(

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:33:10 PM PST
Do a barrel roll(I get to say that and mean it).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:36:07 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
lol I completely agree, I think I was low on souls though, so it was probably worth the risk. It is maybe not recomended yet tell you find the depths bonfire. It skips you through a bit and you miss rescuing a certain dude.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:31:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:32:04 AM PST
So I have no idea where I should go next. After getting lost a bit in the depths I found my way to the Gaping Dragon, There is also a fogwall (and I'm assuming boss) down in the garden, a door that requires an item that costs 10000 souls to open in said garden, Blightown, and Valley of the drakes. They all seem hard and don't know what to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:33:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:33:54 AM PST
That item just opens up a shortcut, it's not really needed. If you finished with Depths, the next story part that you should go to is Blighttown.

Edit: Also, right by the door that you open with the crest is a hidden door with a bonfire inside it. Just letting you know in case you already didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:34:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:34:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Did you beat the Gaping Dragon? If not use Humanity to go Human and search around the Depths until you get invaded by Kirk of Thorns. If you beat him 3 times in the game you get his armor and you can hurt enemies by rolling into them.

After that, you need to drop the Gaping Dragon to get the key to Blighttown so you can be on your way to ringing the second bell. If you're still human you can summon both Lautrec (if you saved him from the bell tower before the Bell Gargoyle fight) and Solaire to assist you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:40:25 AM PST
I did not, it jumped on top of me with its gaping-ness and killed me fairly quickly. I dropped down through a lot of areas in the Depths so I think I should try to play it without getting lost and turned around.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:41:16 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
LOL, good luck, the Depths are really confusing. If you have the Master Key you can open a door to a bonfire pretty early on when you get into the Depths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:43:07 AM PST
Chris... says:
That door in the garden opens up a shortcut to a boss, and is also the best spot for farming early on in the game. I'll save your eyes from the wall-o-text, just type in Darkroot Forest farming in YouTube.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:43:36 AM PST
If you have the master key, there's really no reason that you have to do the depths once you get the ember and free the guy in the barrel unless you are looking for the tail weapon from the vejayjay demon or Kirk's armor.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:43:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I was never able to get that farming to work. The guys would never fall off the cliff for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:44:45 AM PST
I got to the boss and never even saw a bonfire, that's how messed up the path I took was. However I F-ed the hell out of those butchers this time around.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions