Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Things we would like to have in Dark Souls 2.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-45 of 45 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:28:31 AM PST
I sort of agree, you should be able to put as many points as you want into a skill, but I think to make it a little more interesting they should have a real level cap. Say 200 is the MAX level you can get up to. The first time I started playing my thought was "oh i can just try to max everything". Yeah its a huge time waster, but it also helps keep the summoning/invading levels more manageable instead of having a level 50 invade a level 700's world.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:59:56 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
All I want is balanced equipment from the start. Do a Beta or something but nerfing half the equipment once builds are based sucks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:09:11 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
I am scared of them making it more "accessible". I don't want the game explained to me and a tutorial to hold my hand. That is why the community is so good. We get together and ask each other questions. I learned about Ash Lake on here from Capt K. I told someone I play with online and have done for 6 months about how to get to the giant that opens the door to Sens. He had over 1000 hours and never done it. The game is brilliant, they just need to tweak it, maybe add some different types of weapons and put a little love in it like they did with their last 2 games.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:10:49 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Things I would like to see in Dark Souls 2; a Wii-U version. Never going to happen. Color me sad. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:20:21 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
Maybe eventually they will. From is not that big a company, I am worried about them spreading themselves too think over a XBox, PS3 and PC version. I wonder if they had of concentrated on the PS3 version alone would we have blighttown lag?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:22:02 PM PST
ChuChu Train says:
I want a punching bag and for this game to never be released on the wii :D <3

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:26:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 1:27:07 PM PST
Where's the desire to have a Wii-U version coming from? I would think that most anyone who would get into the game would have one of the other 3 options on how to get the game, and I would rather From focus on keeping the gameplay tight on current systems they support than use that time trying to shoehorn it onto a completely different system. Now, once it's been out for a while and they have everything under control, I would have no issues with them taking some time and making a Wii-U version. Unless it takes away from time spent on DLC...

@Mojie55: Looking at PS3 version of Demon's Souls, I would say that the lag would remain even if a PS3 exclusive.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:28:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 1:32:55 PM PST
Lucanus says:
"Where's the desire to have a Wii-U version coming from?"

1) my brother has a Wii-U, it would be nice to play with him, we live 500 miles apart and grew up gaming together
2) My U really could use some games
3) I think the Gamepad would be nice for quick item/weapon change outs, especially since there is no pause in the game
4) Given the level building aspect of the game, using the Gamepad while somebody is using the TV would be cool

I hope that explains my reasoning a bit. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:44:26 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
It could have remained and I don't mind that it goes to different systems, everyone should have an opportunity to play them, brilliant games. Just make sure they give themselves enough time and man power to get it right. There should be no excuses for lag.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:37:34 PM PST
EZ Moad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:53:50 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Why? All you would hear is nerdraging.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:27:07 PM PST
I have only played a little of Demon's Souls, so all I really know about the WT stuff is that it is required for certain areas/quests/items/etc.

I am not a fan. I think the whole "obtuse, unexplained way to get secret stuff" is an archaic and terrible game mechanic.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:46:03 PM PST
jSten says:
Different buttons for "lock on to an enemy" and "spin the screen to face your character's direction". Is L3 used for anything?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:29:58 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
http://imgur.com/a/q34ES

The new director is taking the game in a "Fresh Direction"

Looks like Namco Bandai have had a say in removing Miyazaki as the director. They want to make it more straight forward and accessible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:48:10 PM PST
First, thank you for bringing this article to light. Secondly, I curse you for bringing this article to light. Not likely for a 2013 release?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:00:24 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
It still might be. They have been working at it for a few months already. It depends on whether it is next gen or not. If they want it to be a last hoorah for this gen they have to release in 2013. PS4 is rumored for christmas next year.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:26:09 PM PST
Tell everyone the truth I wish Dark Souls 2 wasn't goint to be this gen. I feel with Dark Souls and Demon's Souls we have a great pair of Souls games for this gen and that I think that it would be a great way to jump into the next gen as a game coming out early in the release cycle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:36:47 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
If it comes out as a release day one on a next gen console, I will buy both. I have never but a console day 1.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:57:17 PM PST
B. Nelson says:
I would like to see weapon classes be a little different. There should be weapons that require you to 2-hand. Dual-wielding should be more effective. Each weapon should have its own animation and timing. Un-nerf the DWGR.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:07:23 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:54 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions