Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wanting a PSVita, however...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 103 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:53:49 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Ys 7 rules, btw.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:12:48 AM PST
Maybe Sony is charging developers on 32GB memory cards as well.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:15:12 AM PST
mega Tron says:
Tearaway

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:17:35 AM PST
Rofl, had that happen last night... I spent all day beefing up a bit in a great spot, and went in to a battle... got past a tough one, and figured, heck, gotta be a town or something after it. Ended up getting lost while dodging enemies (because I was so beat up after the big battle), ended up getting caught, and had enemies coming from all sides... ended up surviving with only two people left due to them having magic shields on, and having a merry time hunting the remaining magic users on the field *laugh*

Safe to say, I limped back to town with no magic left and barely any health... My heart was racing with fear/annoyance that I was about to lose all of my progress *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:18:23 AM PST
Looking forward to it... it was between that and Growlancer... I tapped on Growlancer first to check it out, and pretty much got hooked ;)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:18:43 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
First of all, the Vita isn't going anywhere. It's not flying off store shelves, but neither is it in the same boat as the PSP Go where it just wasn't selling at all. Second, there are a decent amount of games to justify buying a Vita at the moment. Not a huge amount, but it hasn't even been out for a year yet. The 3DS had just as long of a software drought before there was a substantial library for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:20:39 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Look, it's pretty obvious that the Vita needs more content. But that said, I don't see a huge gap between what I want to play no the Vita versus the 3DS. Plus what I HAVE played on the Vita I've enjoyed immensely.

Get one, don't get one, but it IS an amazing piece of hardware.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:20:54 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Persona 4 Golden alone makes my Vita purchase worth it. I have already put 50 hours into the game and am still loving it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:22:05 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Loco Roco is a TON of fun.
Heard great things about Patapon as well but have yet to get to my copy of Patapon 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:23:37 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I loved Gravity Rush and now that I'm more chapters in Uncharted: GA, I'm finding that it's really gelling now.

And yeah, Mutant Blobs is awesome and PS Allstars is just like you say, lots of fun in short bursts.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:23:53 AM PST
I love the Vita. PSP and PS1 games look beautiful on the screen, and I'm sure more games will come. I'll get that Killzone game if it's any good. And I have PSP and PS1 games to play for now.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:33:06 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Starting in 2008 Sony started to revamp their SKUs and models on almost a yearly basis. We're just past one year anniversary of the Vita's Launch (17-DEC-2011 Japan), so given Sony's history I don't see a redesign being too far off.

I'm personally waiting for a SKU that adds in a Video (mini HDMI) out and Bluetooth Dualshock 3 (4?) compatibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:34:31 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Pretty sure they won't need a new SKU to implement Dualshock controller compatibility. The Vita is already Bluetooth capable.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:39:40 AM PST
Chocolette says:
It just now needs to be able to vibrate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:40:47 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Actually I do want one. No troll talk intended.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:41:28 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
There are some compatibility issues with Vita games that utilize the back pad, but other than holding back a feature to sell a new unit I have no idea why this wasn't implemented at launch. Especially on PSP games where it was already possible on the PSP go.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:41:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:50:26 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It is an amazing piece of hardware.*

@all, is there a GTA yet via PSN store for it?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:42:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:45:22 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Thing is, i'm not really trying to buy as many games for my portable as i do my consoles. I had racked up a sick library on 3DS just to do it and recently scaled back down to 4-5 games.

Between Plus , DL and my physical collection i have over 15 games on Vita and never a doubt of what to play on it when there is time to.

Sly Cooper
Tearaway ( by Media Molecule)
Killzone Mercenaries (by Guerrila)
The Show 13
Soul Sacrifice
Earth Defense Force Portable

Then you have:
Muramasa
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Dragon's Crown
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Phantasy Star Online 2
Urban Trial Freestyle
Guacamelee
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus

I think i'm covered as far as what to play in 2013 while away from the big screen, with lots of 2012 bargain bin titles i have not gotten to as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:43:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Right, and Flores wants an Xbox 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:44:40 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
You're prolly right but an HDMI port isn't hard to imagine, nor is better battery life. Battery life would have to be my biggest gripe with what is otherwise a pretty fantastic handheld IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:46:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:47:29 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
"It is an amazing piece of hardware?"

The Vita is far and away the most impressive handheld game console ever released. And just about everyone who buys one agrees.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:48:09 AM PST
Awesome, 3 games coming in 2013 for me!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:50:04 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
So when I buy one I am really going to have to show the receipt, ugh...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:50:56 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Meant to put a period. Typing fast, read the sentence again; a question mark doesn't really make sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:51:12 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I'm in Mayo's shoes though. 3 great handleld games a years is all I really want. (Though I fully realize that isn't enough to support a platform)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions