Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming 12/28 to 12/30 - Last One in 2012!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 116 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:35:53 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Skyrim

I broke down and purchased Out Of The Park Baseball 13 last night so I will probably be trying to make sense of that.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:11 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Probably some more Spec Ops while on the recumbent. Maybe a little Lego Lord of the Rings with Mrs. Emu. I may get some Vita time in while on the road.

Heading out to Austin to celebrate New Year's. I'll probably play some Halo 4 with my buddies out there, and hopefully get some board gaming in as well. I'd like to play some Elder Sign and Rumble in R'lyeh.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:40 AM PST
elect Tron says:
The Witcher 2, with some Hotline Miami and R&C: Going Commando mixed in.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:40:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution for me.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:44:00 AM PST
Diablo 3
Black Ops 2

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:44:37 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i was thinking of joining in with you, but i want to try a few more characters before i venture online. i am up for it this weekend. probably stick with big daddy for now online.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:51:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 6:52:02 AM PST
I played Big Daddy for the first time last night. I struggled with him big time. He has some great moves but he is not a great online player. He is way too big and cannot avoid attacks. I got destroyed with him but his special attacks are pretty good. Online is another beast when playing All Stars. The people on there are very skilled. I played about 15 matches last night and only won 1 but came in 2nd a bunch. It takes a lot of strategy too depending on who you use.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:56:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 7:00:22 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I started having the most success with him when I used electroshock before attempting to land his level 1 as my main scoring method. It's definitely escapable, but in FFA most players don't realize what you're doing until it's too late. One of his biggest drawbacks is he stands out so much that you tend to get focused a lot and end up with more negative points than anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:57:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 6:58:14 AM PST
Always a good choice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:03:19 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Love Far Cry 3, and I'm loving Hitman the same, but I am finding the game to pretty challenging.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:07:17 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Marvelous, do you work on your grip strength, and if so has it affected your gaming?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:09:21 AM PST
Doh, I meant to reply to Tron above you lol.

That said, after hearing all this stuff about FC3 it is on my list to get! I just had a cousin tell me it was possibly the best game he's ever played.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:14:58 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I go through Controllers at least once a year... what do you think? lol

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:15:10 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
It feels like I haven't played anything in over a week. Well at least put in any substantial time into anything since Christmas eve. Hopefully tonight I can hop back on the train and get some serious gaming on.

Splinter Cell: PC
NSMBU: U
Skyrim: 360
And I'm downloading infamous as we speak so hopefully I can start that since I rarely turn my PS3 on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:16:06 AM PST
Didn't I see you playing Grimrock last night?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:16:36 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
haha!
I started working on my grip strength and the controller felt different for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:18:37 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Well honesty, I think I'm jUst heavy thumbed. Grip strength is extremely important due to certain exercises I perform, but I really didn't noticed any difference with the controller.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:20:34 AM PST
Majority of my gaming time will be on Guild Wars 2.

I will try to work in some time for Forza Horizon (the new rally cars are fun to drive, especially on the golf course in free roam).

I will also attempt to finish the single-player campaign of Halo 4 (on the 1st mission after the prologue) and/or Far Cry 3 (still in the first village, lol).

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:20:47 AM PST
LogJam says:
Playing drink the booze and pound the chicks; no vg's for me for like a week. Play hard for me, my bespectacled friends!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:25:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 7:25:56 AM PST
FsuSwatt says:
^ lies!!!!
black ops 2 & far cry 3!! going to take a break from halo 4 for awhile :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:27:11 AM PST
You're doing it wrong.

Marry a chick and get her hooked on games (The Sims followed by Diablo 2 were great gateway drugs for mine). Then you get to drink the booze, pound the chick AND play games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:32:52 AM PST
Marvelous says:
You need to get balance man... Just the another night, I was popping shots of vodka while playing Far Cry 3. My lady stopped by, I did my "pounding", and afterwards she sat inbetween my legs and watched me play some more Far Cry.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:33:09 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
For like two seconds. I fired it up and left it on for a bit. I also tried to play Diablo 3 and that wasn't working either. My roommate has had her family over all week and I feel like an a$$ if I go into my room to play or play on the PC for too long. Can't wait to get some "me" time.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:34:14 AM PST
Just finished up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so I'll probably jump right in to Assassin's Creed: Revelations tonight. Maybe some CoDBlops2 and Borderlands. Saturday is UFC fight night and will be out with friends to watch that. Then back to gaming Sunday through Tuesday, hooray long weekends!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:35:01 AM PST
I hear ya.

Let me know what you think of it when you get a chance. I think Grimrock is awesome.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  116
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions