Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I am so unimpressed by 2013 games so far

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 96 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:04:56 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Honestly, I thought gameplay was pretty tight. It's just that I hate the whole teenage Dante thing, and the world/story is looking sketchy.

I'm torn - maybe a bargain pick-up.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:05:44 AM PST
NCGuy says:
I will pick up DMC when the price goes down. The demo wasn't bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:05:57 AM PST
I did play the demo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:06:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The gameplay is great. That was the best part. It's fun to play, fast paced and there is great variety in moves and weapons, but that script is awful, and it would ruin the game for me no matter how much I liked the game play. I really like that the combo counter doesn't disappear fast at all, you actually have a chance to rack up high combos. In the original games you got like 2 seconds to continue a combo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:07:05 AM PST
I think 2 seconds is being Generous :p

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:07:36 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And you thought it was cool when Dante and the boss are bantering back and forth:

Eff you.

No, eff you.

No, eff you.

Seriously, that is just awful, and it's hardly confined to that one spat of dialogue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:08:37 AM PST
Never said the dialogue was great. But dialogue means 0 to me in these kinds of games. I tend to ignore it. It's been awful in every DMC game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:09:57 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's so hard to ignore when it's so awful, and DMC had a decent story on PS2, so it's a shame that I would have to skip all the cut scenes in this game (if that's even an option).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:10:02 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I pretty much felt the opposite - I enjoyed everything but the combat. So it's also a price drop get for me at this point. I plan on trying the demo with a different control scheme to see if it helps any, but haven't gotten around to it.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:11:23 AM PST
Home Fried says:
Yeah, the dialogue has always been corny in Devil May Cry, but I can easily forgive that since it's one of the best hack-and-slash series ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:14:41 AM PST
Hard for you perhaps :p Gameplay is often the only thing that matters to me in games, if it's good I'll play it.

With few exceptions of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:15:50 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, I'd rather not spend $60 on a game if I plan on ignoring a significant part of the overall experience. Maybe holiday 13 it'll be $15 bucks and I'll pick it up then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:17:32 AM PST
oh i probably won't either, will find it for 20$ or something like that. Got other games to play and DMC games don't last long enough for me to want to spend 60$ on it.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:20:48 AM PST
Home Fried says:
I wouldn't pay full price for it either. Games depreciate in value a lot faster than they did in the past. I can wait. I got DmC 4 for only five bucks a few months ago.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:22:33 AM PST
I care nothing for depreciation or value later on, I just won't get my monies worth if I bought it on release day. They never have been long games, and the replay value isn't high. I Prefer to wait this one out while I play other games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:23:16 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I gotta disagree, the first game had a really cool vibe IMHO. So did 3 and the back half of four.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:24:49 AM PST
I never played the first one, and I thought 3 was just fine. I never said they were bad, just that i tend to ignore them if it is and if there wasn't any Dialouge at all I wouldn't have cared :3. The games are just fun to play.

I played the second one first.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:26:48 AM PST
K. Wendt says:
BS! Quite a few of my most anticipated releases are coming in 2013.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:30:21 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Tomb Raider is a safe buy to anyone that doesn't have a PS3, Uncharted experience on PC? Yes please.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:39:56 AM PST
Also when it comes to GTA V I AM WAITING!!!Boy did I regret buying GTA 4 with its horrendous driving mechanics & repetitive missions. I am having more fun with Fallout 3 goty(which i got here last week for $12.50) than I did with the new DmC demo & god Dead Space 3 is gonna be the new RE 5 watch what I say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:44:05 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The physics are supposed to be the same in GTA V, but it's supposed to be a lot more accessible like San Andreas was.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:27:41 PM PST
Home Fried says:
I was fine with GTA IV. I just missed the total customization of your character and the mini-missions (vigilante, taxi driver, etc.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:38:37 PM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
How can you OP be unimpressed with games you have not even played yet?!?

2013 looks great for games!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:51:46 PM PST
I am unimpressed with the demos of some of the games releasing, I am unimpressed with GTA V because of GTA 4, I am unimpressed with Dead Space 3 because it seems to be departing from survival horror into action like RE 5, and I am generally unimpressed with 2013 games because its alot of ok games being released and not great games being released. The only game outside of Beyond 2 Souls I am interested in is Aliens:Colonial Marines, everything else just looks so average and thats why I will buy them when they are $30 or less. DmC demo was ok at best & MG:Reveagence was a huge disappointment, I will not be buying that game unless its $10 or less.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:54:45 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I saw some trailers for Remember Me on PSN and while the storyline and gameplay looks interest, the movement/camera looks pretty clunky. Hopefully Capcom with make that a lot more smooth before release.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions