Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Retrogaming Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 232 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 5, 2012 7:56:15 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Holy ohfk Snatcher is expensive!!

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 3:17:45 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
So, who has two thumbs and bought a Sega CDX?

This guy.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 3:22:42 PM PDT
Joshua C says:
Nice! I'm still using my old genesis/CD version 2. I hate the two big brick power adapters tho, I may look into a CDX.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 3:26:14 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
If you can find one, aim for a JVC X'Eye instead. the CDXs are more expensive, and the reason I'm dipping into that over an X'Eye is because there were none available at the moment.

I'm really hoping the day comes soon that the patent expires on the Sega CD and we start getting clone systems like we've gotten with the NES/Genesis/SNES.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 3:27:06 PM PDT
PacinoBully says:
I went on Google and researched thrift stores and flea markets in my area to start building up my collection for real. This weekend I'll also be printing out lists for all systems I want to collect and get it all organized.

My friends think I'm crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 3:29:24 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'm fairly lucky in that my best friend's husband is also a collector, so even when others think we're strange ("Why don't you just get the ROMs and play it on your computer instead?" "It's just not THE SAME!") I still have that bonding point in common with the guy.

Plus, I've noticed something about getting something for free vs having to pay for it. If you get something for free it becomes a disposable commodity. Something you don't really care about. I never got into the games as much until I put money down on 'em, and then I went nuts for them. I've noticed the same about music. The music that gets the most play on my iTunes and in my car is the music I pay for.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 6:59:27 AM PDT
I have already done... So if you are crazy, I am too...

Hmmm, that probably doesn't bode well for your sanity...

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:15:07 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
So, per the conversation of someone above, I've registered at www.rfgeneration.com, and I'm currently recording my collection with it. Pretty slick!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 1:25:08 PM PDT
PacinoBully says:
What is rfgeneration.com?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:34:16 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
It's a forum for retrogamers, but it's also got a built in system for you to keep track of your collection and let others see it. It's pretty cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 1:34:32 PM PDT
Absolutely love that service. Don't know how I managed without it!

Glad to hear you like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 1:42:21 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Just having a small issue where I can only see my collection if I click on "Collection tools." If I go to "My Collection" or "Edit" nothing shows up.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:08:45 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
:|

So... RFgeneration isn't really working for me at the mome. Evidently I need to get a new username because my current one is - I don't know - irrevocably screwed up. Won't work on the collection tools, and I even had help from one of the sites sysadmins. So, gonna make a new handle. See what I can do.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 7:33:11 AM PDT
That's a shame... I haven't had any issues so far... Hopefully it works out well for you this time...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:36:28 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'll get to find out tonight. From what it sounds like, I'm one of - like - two guys in the history of the website to have the issue. lol

The other issue I was having was that usernames with the word 'guest' are forbidden. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:44:58 AM PDT
Interesting...

You would be one of the few to find tht issues as well I'd wager...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:47:25 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
It's kind of the story of my life. I tend to get the computer issues that no one ever gets. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:47:33 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Good for you man. Its good to collect whatever makes you happy. I am starting to rebuild my Dreamcast collection slowly. And I have a huge collection of PS3 games I ll never sell. I see myselft replaying a lot of these games for years to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:50:06 AM PDT
There are several iso sites where you can burn games you don't have... I have done this for several i really wanted to play, though I am still looking for the actual games to add to my collection...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 7:54:33 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
The temptation to just burn copies of games like Snatcher and some of the rarer Sega CD/Dreamcast games is strong, but truthfully like I said in an earlier post here the games have more meaning and I'm more likely to stick with them if I just buy them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 8:28:43 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Its amazing how expensive some of these Dreamcast games can go for. I own a couple that go for more than I paid for em but I cant part with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 8:48:09 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
Well...no one else can part with them either...that's why they go for a lot.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 6:34:38 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'm officially on RF Generation now! I haven't added my current gen or even my PS2 stuff, but I've got most all of my retro stuff here now.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=ProjectG.U.E.S.T.&folder=Collection

Playing FFIII (SNES) tonight. Having crazy stupid trouble getting one of Sabin's blitzes to work. I punch in the right combo but it never runs.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 9:22:01 PM PDT
I downloaded the new version of Yars Revenge on Xbox Live.

And Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein and that Iron-something-or-other. It's a mech game. I like it.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 6:42:07 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Iron Brigade. It's made by, basically, one of my favorite game studios. It's a real gem! Hope you like it. It's by the guys that did Brutal Legend and Psychonauts. If you haven't checked those out, you should.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  232
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions