Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fact: PS3 fans are the worst

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 189 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 21, 2009 7:56:16 AM PDT
M. McFly says:
Great article and I am laughing how the ps3 fanboys are playing right into it. All fanboys are annoying but this guy is right on, PS3 fanboys take the cake. At least you girls should be happy your toy of choice (ps3) is going to outsell the other toy of choice (x360) this holiday season. Rejoice! Rejoice! Just for kicks one of you Sony fangirls tell me why I would pay $249 for a psp go vs $50 more for a ps3? HA

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:59:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:59:52 AM PDT
Admiral55 says:
Shepherd, you make entirely too much sense. Stop it this instant.

If I have to comment on this unfortunate thread (which I do), let me list some basic fallacies:

1. M. turned the title from the article's title "Fact: PS3 Fanboys are the Worst" to "Fact: PS3 Fans are the Worst". Subtle difference, but the two groups are not equal.
2. The 'article' itself is not fact, but opinion. Sure, he makes a feeble attempt at gathering fact to support his opinion, but in the end it's all just opinion. If I wanted to write an article about how Wii fanboys have all had frontal lobotomies, I'm sure I could make some loose association with fact as well, but in the end it's rubbish.
3. The population who inhabit internet forums is by no way a reflection of reality. Anyone who believes that is an utter moron. If I wrote an article about how 360 owners have small reproductive organs, I'd get a bunch of angry emails from 360 owners. Do I then turn that into 'fact' that 360 owners are all sensitive about the size of their penises? That is essentially what he does in his blog post.
4. For as much as M. wants to claim that he wants to talk games, 90% of what he posts are snipes at PS3 or PS3 owners. And that's a fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 8:02:37 AM PDT
Admiral55 says:
Let me also go on record to say that I find posters like RMS, Gaffe, and I. Flores as annoying as DoC, M, Trevor Gowe. Fanboys of any stripe should STFU and enjoy their systems.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 8:03:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 8:15:23 AM PDT
Karpov555 says:

"My first real metal cd was Prowler in the yard, grindcore is my favorite subgenre."

Grindcore is awesome, do you like Braindrill? On their first cd they have one of the absolute best drummers alive - Lord Marco....I'm more into death metal/jazz/progressive I guess, I love the Faceless, Between the Buried and Me, Here comes the Kraken, Burning the Masses, Beneath the Massacre - Just to name a few, but honestly I enjoy all subgenres of metal....I have over 40 gigs of only metal on my PC.

Favorite newer band - Chon, these kid brothers (literally like 16-17 yrs old) are AMAZING guitarists, the drummer is decent, and the bassist isn't to shabby...I wouldn't really consider them metal, more of a progressive/jazz/breakbeat type of music (sort of the Fall of Troy meets Fear Before the March of Flames)...They don't have a singer right now but that doesn't hinder the music whatsoever, check them out if you ever get a chance, they're very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 8:13:13 AM PDT
And this is the misinformation Xbots try to spread around.

WRONG!!!! I have had 2 360's RROD on me and did NOT spend 1 dime getting another. I actually got money BACK. I bought my 360's at Costco. When they bombed out I got a new one and got money back because the price changed. Nice try Captain Misinformation

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 8:17:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:15 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 8:36:34 AM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
I really dont see any way this could be considered anything other that 100% fact. Its the most factual article I have read in some time. It should be posted on wikipedia.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 9:36:36 AM PDT
Admiral55 says:
I am only condescending to people who post in character.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 9:39:02 AM PDT
K. Savage says:
There must not be any real gaming news today.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 10:15:32 AM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
You did have to pay for the ability to shop at Costco. Not everyone has this luxury. Not disagreeing w/ you, just saying.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 10:47:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:14 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:47:41 PM PDT
Kinetic says:
Fact: Nothing new gets discussed here. Ever. It seems like every time I pop in, there are more and more threads like this. Seriously people, shut up about it already.
Face it, you have all (and by you I mean the regular trolls in this forum) essentially run out of things to complain about. The 360 and PS3 are the same price, and have comparable libraries while the Wii is cheaper but still full of shovelware, not to mention prices are only going to get lower in the future. All you're doing at this point is defending some misplaced sense of honor to something you had no hand in the creation of. You made your choice, get over it. And if you haven't by now, you probably never will.
Also, it's fanboys that constantly post threads like this, threads whose sole purpose is to criticize others, that are "the worst", not the people said thread is about, whose only mistake is not siding with the OP. Tart.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 12:55:37 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
No! I stand by what I said! White castle farts are AWFUL!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:00:00 PM PDT
^^what he said.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:08:09 PM PDT
You did have to pay for the ability to shop at Costco. Not everyone has this luxury. Not disagreeing w/ you, just saying.

Do any of you guys who B!TCH about paying for XBL or Costco have Jobs? What does me having to pay for a Costco membership have to do with getting another 360 and getting money back?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 1:25:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:29:30 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Hilarious how a post about how 'worst fanboys' in regards to their behaviors bring in desperate digs about 'skewing sales numbers', 'buying multiple consoles' , 'paying for online', 'well you bought yours at costco'....LOL

The article has pretty much proven its relevancy in this thread. 'They' ARE in denial, delusional and cannot help themselves.

Its even acknowledged by multi platform holders in these forums, how much more annoying, aggressive and persistant they are. Every flame thread is a used car salesman tactic to pick their machine over the next.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:29:34 PM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
Whoa chill out man, you are the one who said you didn't spend one single dime on replacing your 360. You did when you paid your costco dues. There really isn't that much difference between that and buying the ripoff best buy guarantee.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:29:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:31:55 PM PDT
LtShinySides says:
Lol, M if you didn't know, what Shep said in his last two posts is what I was trying to get you to understand. I would've spent the time to actually write it out but I frankly didn't care enough.

Still amuses me at how delusional you are.

Thanks to Shep for posting so I wouldn't have to =)

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 1:32:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:35:34 PM PDT
So basically implying that the xbox fanboys are somehow the "better quality" fanboys out of the two? Well seeing these 3 dudes- M, 12ozmouse and DoC Hackenbush certainly doesn't make me think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:32:47 PM PDT
Look, I have said it before and will say it again; if you really think one set of fanboys are better than the other than you are ignorant. Manny, when people like M, Fryfat, EG, Trever Growe, 12oz mouse spout their nonsense what do you have to say about that? All fanboys are bad but saying one group is worse makes you seem like a big fanboy yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:39:29 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Xbox fanboys are a much better breed of fanboys. They have a higher selection of words in their vocabulary and came out a year earlier. The only catch is that every now and then they just kind of fizzle out and stop working. We're still waiting for the box to show up so that we can send DoC Hackebush back for his speech issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:42:58 PM PDT
Kinetic says:
Posts like this are the only redeeming qualities in these threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:44:59 PM PDT
Bounty14 says:
too long did not read

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 1:56:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 21, 2010 3:17:36 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Don't know if you guys do the Ultraviolet digital movies thing, but here's all four of the Mission Impossible Movies for free 48 5 minutes ago
My Ordeal With Nintendo 14 15 minutes ago
Dragon Age might be the most confusing game I've played to date. 40 16 minutes ago
Well, AngryJoe dislikes the new Godzilla game...A LOT 24 26 minutes ago
OT: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. 9412 29 minutes ago
OT: Not Your Father's Root Beer 10 34 minutes ago
Classic Call Of Duty Collection For PS2 Topic (new poster topic) 8 34 minutes ago
More Bad PR For Microsott, Halo: The Master Chief Collection's eSport Showing This Weekend Was a Technical Disaster 9 38 minutes ago
spaera - turning tetris on its head 0 39 minutes ago
Your Last Completionist Game? 28 40 minutes ago
Bethesda: "We Can't Make Any More [Fallout 4} Pip-Boy Collector's Editions" 19 41 minutes ago
VGF OFFICIAL: Rocket League........League? 43 42 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions