Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

ZombiU - 4.5/10

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 193 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:45:33 AM PST
Okay this made me laugh!

@ UziSpray

How can you tell this doesn't top a game none of us have played (extensively) and we're only looking at one review?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:53:50 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Okay, we'll see tomorrow when more reviews are released.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:55:14 AM PST
I thought this game had a pretty high chance of not being very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:55:50 AM PST
user22 says:
It's not like I specifically support mediocre games, it just happens that I enjoy games that are generally considered mediocre. I don't really give a flying frak about the general consensus though. In my opinion, both Final Fantasy VII and VIII had an equal amount of effort put into them, yet the general consensus rates VII as the far superior game, while I prefer VIII.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:04:59 PM PST
user22 says:
I don't understand the "repetitive" argument. All video games have repetitive aspects due to technology limits. We're not talking true virtual reality here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:06:52 PM PST
I think it would best to see what other sources have to say before we go declaring this one dead in the water. There are some worrisome elements like the use of the gamepad for tapping on stuff and the whole scanning for numbers constantly but I want to hear more about the gameplay from someone who seems like they understand survival horror better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:09:01 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Real life is repetitive, thus VR would do nothing to improve that.

Also, if it's a poor game, the repetitive nature will only make its mediocrity all the more apparent.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:12:02 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I didn't need the review to know this about the game. Watch all the game play footage on Youtube it looks boring and slow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:16:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 12:23:16 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, it did really strike me from the E3 coverage that Zombi-U was a roguelike masquerading as a survival horror game. Which sounded pretty interesting to me.

If it is really a roguelike, I expect most people to dislike it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:20:40 PM PST
user22 says:
So then the issue is how some people deal with repetitiveness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:31:38 PM PST
K Archer says:
It depends on what exactly that "repetition" is...if you're doing exactly the same thing for the entire length of the game, no changes...yeah, that's bad. If the repetitive action is really dull, boring, pointless, etc and unavoidable and happens fairly frequently...it can be a deal breaker. If its something like, you settle into something out of a bunch of choices because that's what you want to do...then no, that's not bad, its your choice.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:33:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 12:33:51 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I actually hope this reviewer's wrong and it's good, as I have my copy on its way to me, but this concerns me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:38:16 PM PST
Roguelike is making a come back though, FTL was well received and that game was punishingly hard and unforgiving as all get out. I've had more games end in failure than I have success over my 80+ hours I've spent on it. I was rather surprised at how much reviewers enjoyed it and players alike.

Also couldn't have been happier to see that game become a success.

I think this is going to be one of those games you either love or hate. For someone like myself I think I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit but then again I rather loved Dead Island (outside of the final string of missions and dealing with Yerma). Where others see slow and boring gameplay I'm seeing something that is going to force me to plan out my next move and something that will keep me in a constant state of worry that I'll be overrun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:09:15 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
"this concerns me"

It should.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:14:48 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Life is repetitive? Everyone is getting real philosophical instead of coming to terms with a game that may not meet their expectations. You bought or wanted a buy a WiiU for this game and maybe a few others. It may end up being just an okay game. No need to make the argument deeper than it has to be. Next time, rent. lol

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:20:29 PM PST
Masturbation is about as repetitive as you can get.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:39:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 1:41:31 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I think reviews mostly matter for people that buy games at $60. a $15-25 price tag is a much more relaxed purchase thing to ponder.
Which brings me to another point, why are people buying games at full price anyway? They go down in price really quick, and there's no more "I experienced it first" satisfaction since all the content is pretty much covered by Youtube LPs. Dishonored will be $25 in a couple of days here on Amazon as a Lightning Deal, and people that waited should be rewarded like that.

Really, cannot compute. Self-justification? Brand fanboyism? Just overall lack of power of will?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:43:08 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Someone has to buy games early so the price can go down later for people who like a bargain. If they don't, you get situations like Dragon's Dogma, a game that barely dropped price.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:45:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 1:47:42 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
" why are people buying games at full price anyway?"

Primarily excitement, anticipation, and immediate gratification. And of course in some instances because people feel a developer deserves the full price for a quality game they've produced. Not to mention discussions about a game mostly retain relevancy for the first couple of weeks after release so that can be fun.

Edit: I buy most of mine at bargain prices, but there are games I'm really excited about that I want to play right away, I can afford to do so, and I do it. I bought Assassin's Creed 3 at full price knowing full well it'd be about $35 on Black Friday. I wanted to buy and play it on release day, though, so I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:51:25 PM PST
" Which brings me to another point, why are people buying games at full price anyway? They go down in price really quick, and there's no more "I experienced it first" satisfaction since all the content is pretty much covered by Youtube LPs."

Not everybody watches LPs on YouTube. Sometimes the preorder bonuses are attractive enough to pay full price. Sometimes we just want to support the developer. I paid full price for both of the Cybertron games because I like old school Transformers and I think those games have a better vision than the Bayformer films. I paid full price for three of the LBP games to support the franchise.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:55:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 1:55:59 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
@Ed Jones
That also happens when copies are not selling and the publisher needs to lower the price to get things moving.
@Kirk
I see, that's a very realistic reason to be honest. Sorry for not sharing the same feelings there. I'm as stoic as a buyer can get, for example, I've never had a game backlog, even if I've purchased several things on Steam (at $5, that is). I think it all comes down to how you prioritize your money spending habits.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:58:48 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Rose. Colored. Glasses. > Rocks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:00:50 PM PST
K Archer says:
Some games are just plain worth it. If you can see yourself putting at least as many hours into a game as it cost (in dollars), you've got a very cheap form of entertainment. An extreme example for me is I bought MAG just after release, for $60, but didn't think I'd really put all that much into it (wasn't the biggest fan of the beta, but had a bunch of friends playing, so it seemed worth it just for that). 1500 (probably a little bit more, actually) hours later...that $60 doesn't seem like all that much (OK, so I put another $15 in for the DLC, but whatever. Still nothing when you do the math)
If you know you're not going to play immediately, or won't put a lot of time into a game...paying full price doesn't make a lot of sense. I want to play AC3, but I'm waiting since I'm not going to play for a while...too much B-Lands2 lol...been two months and I don't have any intention of stopping yet.

Other people pay full price either because the game has a chance at being hard to find later on, doesn't seem like the price will drop soon, they just want it now, or, like Kirk said, they want to be "in" the discussion about the game ASAP. Everyone's different.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:05:15 PM PST
A little premature perhaps? You may ultimately be right but as of now we have three review scores. A 92/100, a 4.5/10 and a 7/10. Two of those scores are good.

Couldn't you at least wait for the negative reviews to outweigh the positive ones before making snarky comments about rose-colored glasses? It's not as if you have an investment in the system or the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:07:42 PM PST
DVvM says:
Plus, if you're buying a Wii-U at launch for full price then you probably want something to play on it right away (other than NintendoLand, of course.)

I think "buying a console at launch" is a more dubious decision than "paying full price for a game."
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions