Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:20:29 AM PST
Duster says:
Yep, that shouldn't be an issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:21:16 AM PST
correct. In fact you haev to enable MP in the first place so as long as you don't' even enable that option it won't do anything to the difficulty.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:21:44 AM PST
Eff it, I'm buying this game this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:26:06 AM PST
I recently beat Inferno mode. As long as you hit level 60 and can equip the level 60 gear, you can definitely beat the game. Now, if you start cranking up the MP levels on Inferno, sh17 starts hitting the fan. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:26:50 AM PST
That's where the REAL fun begins

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:28:31 AM PST
Do legendaries drop better when you start bumping up the MP level?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:30:40 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Welcome to the grind. Avoid the AH for as long as you can, once you start it's much more difficult to limit yourself to only your own finds, you literally become part of the economy.

It's also way to easy to just happen across some of the "junk" higher level players typically throw away. While it should be junk to us, (it may be missing 75+% of a primary stat or not have all resist + another resist or a perfect CC/CD/AiS combo) these items are enormously overpowered for anyone not at the current endgame.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:32:31 AM PST
Duster says:
And I'm sure you can find people to game with ;)

Seeing as how I'm online almost every single night...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:32:33 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Theoretically, as it raises magic find => which supposedly promotes more affixes to be rolled or set/ legendary items to roll.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:33:17 AM PST
Duster says:
Yeah. Your magic find gets bumped up some sort of percentage for every MP level you are. The trick is to find an MP level to where you can farm at a fast rate and get decent drops.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:34:36 AM PST
I wouldn't go anywhere near the auction house, I played 100% pure characters for 10 years in Diablo 2, I'm not changing now. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:36:23 AM PST
Thanks Lyrick and Duster. I figured it would help, but wasn't totally sure about it.

The Alkaizer run I do gets my stacks up pretty quickly so I have 5 stacks within 10-15 minutes, add to that my normal Magic Find and the additional my Templar can provide (one item I have on him has 40% more magic find) and I should expect to see more legendaries. Maybe I'll try out MP1 or 2 tonight and see if I can manage that. I mean, any extra magic find I can muster would be helpful. ^_^

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:39:45 AM PST
Yes and no. For instance I CAN play in MP4 but it's slow, I die a few times and it takes a while to kill anything. I may have 100% more MF and more items dropping, but they drop at a much slower rate.

I farm on MP1, soon to be MP2, it's less MF and less items, but I can kill SOOO much faster that i end up getting more Items anyway. And legendaries found in MP0 can be just as strong as MP10. the MP doesn't make the items better, just a better chance to find em.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:45:05 AM PST
You know, I can do MP10 on Hell mode. Maybe I will try my hand at farming on MP10 Hell Mode and see if I can get some legendaries that way and then sell them in the AH to get gold to buy better weapons for higher MP's on Inferno....yes.....yes I like this strategy. *insert Montgomery Burns from The Simpsons here*

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:45:13 AM PST
Duster says:
For me MP1 is my sweet spot right now. I can knock out an Alkaizer run in about 20 minutes. It makes for fast runs and quick drops :)

Unless, of course, you're playing with some friends and the leader drops out of the game right away... I haven't shared this, but a couple of nights ago I was in a run with a group of friends. We just started a game and literally the first elite pack we run into drops some legendary shoulders (Vile Wards). We were still clearing the area when the "leader" dropped out of the game. In doing that he booted the rest of us from the game, with my legendary shoulders still on the ground!

>:0

Moral of the story, if you are in a group with friends, make sure they are going to stay in the game!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:47:41 AM PST
That wasn't with Myself and J was it?

Also @Kung_fu_anyone!

That may not work as well as you might think. The item level will be lower, and item rolls are based ont he level of the enemies killed now, and in hell mode even at MP10 you won't fight level 61+ enemies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:48:44 AM PST
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't do this to you without saying something first. ;)

You are very help my friend. If you are doint MP1, I might be able to assist. If anything, doesn't adding more people make your Magic Find better? If thats the case, I could join, and just kinda hide if I can't kill anything and you can reap the benefits of increased magic find?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:49:32 AM PST
Your welcome to join my runs if you need assistance. I can obliterate MP1 with my new build. Even with someone else there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:49:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 7:50:46 AM PST
yeah, I understand the item drops may not be level 60, but, something tells me I could still sell lower level legendaries in the AH...I think there is a market for it. ;)

Edit: I think I misunderstood you. You are saying that MF won't be as high so Legendaries may not drop as much as I would think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:54:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 7:56:52 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
You would just end up with ilvl 60 (and lower) Legendaries, people are much more excited about ilvl 61 - 63 pieces.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:57:09 AM PST
Duster says:
No it was with two people that aren't on the VGF. The guy that had control of the group is actually pretty new to the game.

I don't blame him for it though. It's an odd thing, the game will only boot you if the leader leaves within the first 5 minutes or so. After that if he leaves it won't boot you...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:03:53 AM PST
It's hard to explain... since the patch item rolls work differently. it's more based on the level of the mob killed than the item level. At least thats what the patch notes said.

The end of Hell mode the mobs aren't level 61+, and those are the items worth having. even the legendaries at 62+ are 95% worthless, 5% Amazing. (Such as a 2 socket manticore vs... all other Manticores) You would be honestly (IMO) be wasting time. I would run Inferno MP0 in Act III, quick, easy, and mobs are at least level 62-63.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:09:36 AM PST
J. says:
Heck, even most 61-63 Legendaries are considered junk. If you farm Hell difficulty, you are severely gimping your drops. The only Legs below 60 that I can think of having any sort of demand (use) are Leoric's Signet (xp boost item) and Humonculus (zero dog WD build). There are probably a few others, but you get my point.

Best you could hope for are some decently rolled rings and ammys.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:30:02 AM PST
Well, let me ask you this then. Are you assuming that no one would buy the legendaries even if they were priced really low, like under 100K?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:31:42 AM PST
most legendaries are at about 30k which is the price of the Brimstone you get from Salvaging it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 1500 3 minutes ago
OT: Who Are Your Favorite Sport Teams? 10 4 minutes ago
I'm Sick of DRM 34 4 minutes ago
Gametrailers Destiny - Review Score: 8.0 12 9 minutes ago
Adrian Peterson was indicted for disciplining his son... 128 9 minutes ago
How can someone (who will remain nameless) dislike a terrific game like Destiny, yet love a boring, crap game like Dark Sector? 32 10 minutes ago
That horrible, sinking feeling of having to leave your house and be a responsible adult immediately after starting a great game of Civilization V.... 10 26 minutes ago
Damn Bungie, you should have stuck with MS and Halo. WTH were you thinking? 66 28 minutes ago
The Growing Illusion of Single Player 5 32 minutes ago
Sept. 16, Xbox Live Gold Members get a Game that's better than Destiny for Free, not Free* 37 36 minutes ago
Gamasutra Blog: How I Killed the Joy of Video Games 0 46 minutes ago
OT: Man Who Called Cops on Gun-Wielding Walmart Shopper is Now Changing His Story 6 53 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions