Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Retrogaming Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 232 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 5:55:01 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I never played Magic Sword. I remember seeing a huge spread on it in EGM back in the day. It looked like such an awesome game. How do you like it?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 5:59:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 5:59:48 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Haven't gotten a chance to spend time with it yet. Plan on doing so tonight, but I've heard good things about it. My above post was in error. I meant to say Cybernator and Art of Fighting are kicking my ass. lol

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:07:08 AM PDT
I swear Magic Sword came out on XBLA, didn't it?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 10:45:12 AM PDT
radioGAga says:
"Yeah, right? That game is way too overpriced on every console it's on. Have you looked at the SNES Dracula X prices?"

D*** that's crazy, the supposedly inferior version costs more than the good one! For $100 or so I'd get Castlevania Rondo of Blood on Turbo cd, before I'd get the SNES version. Must be SNES collectors that have to have every game driving the prices up.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 10:51:45 AM PDT
radioGAga says:
Here you go and the price is dirt cheap for new copies, I may have to get me a PSP. This is more like it.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - Sony PSP

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:14:24 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Managed to pick up a Sonic 3 complete in box for $10! Not shabby, if I say so myself.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:50:14 AM PDT
I got a PlayStation bundle a few days ago with a bunch of used games.
Going through the list there was : Namco Museum, Tekken 2 + 3, Die Hard Trilogy, Medal of Honor, etc....
One game stood out : Vanguard Bandits by Working Design.
3-D mech combat with a battle engine similar to Front Mission 3.
There are over 30 different mechs( ATACs),
the gameplay is comparable to Final Fantasy Tactics,
with nearly 60 missions and 5 different endings.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 7:04:23 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Dude! Working Designs did a mech game?! They're basically my favorite publisher from the PS1 era. I need to check this out.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:55:05 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Had a blast with Retro Game Night again last night. Soulshine once again joined us for the festivities, and for once my wife even got in on it. Even now I can hear her playing Mario Allstars out in the dining room where I left the TV and Retron. I'm reaching a point now where I'd like to replace the Retron all together and get a toploader and fix up the old SNES my wife brought to the marriage.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 8:01:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 8:01:59 AM PST
Some retro Sega deals this week including a 5-game Dreamcast pack for $5 as well as a 50-game Genesis pack for $5.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%2520games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx1AETL7ULPOQ01

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:21:30 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
So, pretty sure I hate my Saturn. I'm looking to sell it. It's only worked on one of the three games I've tried in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:46:11 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Which model Saturn is it and what wasn't working about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:08:34 PM PST
Looking to dump any of your games with that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:37:57 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Got no games with it. :/

Josh: Not sure. Just a basic Saturn as near as I can tell. Problem, as near as I can diagnose, is just the disk reader.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:56:17 PM PST
Joshua C says:
The models actually have different buttons, Model 1 has oval buttons and Model 2 has round ones. I have a few that need repairs, so if it's a compatible model I may have interest

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:13:02 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Did not know that! Mine's got the round buttons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:28:35 PM PST
Joshua C says:
bleh.. the part I need is from oval. Round is generally easier to sell in some circles, though, because it's easier to install things like mod chips to play imports. There's a sega mod forum where people are always looking to buy the model 2 for repair jobs because it's just easier

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:36:45 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I'm kind of considering tossing it up on Ebay and seeing what I get. I mean, it did play one game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:38:32 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Just say that it turns on, but you have no games with which to test it? hahaha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:49:18 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Haha, yeah, fair enough. And from shopping for consoles on Ebay I know I can run it as "sold as is."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 8:01:21 PM PST
Yeah, but if it doesn't work, they can still open a case against you and you'll probably lose, unless you sell it as "for parts or non-working." Gotta be careful with that stuff on eBay.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:51:40 PM PST
Joshua C says:
As long as you specify that you were unable to test if it loads a game, its not necessary for it to be working in eBays eyes. Just have to include the "sold as is" and you're clear. Sadly enough, I have a friend who has sold several consoles this way and won all related disputes :/

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:48:15 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Buddy of mine got me Galactic Attack for the Saturn and National Hockey Night for the Genesis today. <3 Goodwill find on the latter, complete in box for $4. Hell of a fun game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 12:11:46 PM PST
Retro Games>>>>>Modern Games

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:12:01 PM PST
There are some Japanese sellers on Ebay selling used Saturn consoles for pretty cheap (like $5-10). The shipping is really expensive, but if you get several consoles and games at once, you can combine the shipping. I dropped $215 (including shipping) on 5 white-model Saturns and 15 Japanese games. Kept 2 of the consoles (one as a back-up) and re-sold the other 3 for $35 -40 each. Picked up a an ARP to play the US games on the Japanese models and works perfectly.
I remember when I had zero interest in the Saturn cause I thought it had no games. Now I love the SOB.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  232
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions