Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Black Ops II Pre-Order, I may have screwed myself

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 10:24:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:45 PM PST
Initially, I had pre-ordered 2 copies. One for myself and one for my youngest brother as an early Christmas present.

Well, my initial pre-order consisted of the Hardened Edition for me and the Standard for my brother. I decided against the Hardened, as it didn't have anything beneficial to me personally, so I decided to cancel that item, leave the Standard and change it as a gift to be shipped to my brother's house instead of mine.

I then went and placed a second pre-order for my copy to be shipped to my house. When I read the pre-order bonuses, I understood that the Nuketown 2025 code was to be sent along with the package, but I totally skipped over the "one per customer" part. Nobody's fault but my own.

So, since my brother's order was the first order, I imagine his copy will be shipped with the code and mine will have the game only. I know this question has been asked in the past with no hopeful answers, but as of now is there any other known way to obtain Nuketown 2025 at launch or does the one per customer rule only apply to the Amazon credit, Kindle book, and wallpaper?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:29:26 PM PST
I thought all codes were sent in a e-mail?

Try talking to Amazon and explain the situation.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:32:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:34:32 PM PST
The code is inside the game case. I'm pretty sure you'll get the code i don't see why they would have two versions of this game one with and without the code. I would say don't stress it. It's even displayed on the back of the box.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:41:28 PM PST
I just got to work, so I can't call them now. I was able to copy the pre-order bonus info before midnight, which reads:

Activision Assist here to help. The Amazon pre-order bonus will get you the following bonuses: (1) A $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit. (2) The Amazon exclusive Kindle backstory, Rightful King, on villain Raul Menendez. A free Kindle Reading App can be downloaded here. (3) Nuketown 2025 bonus map. (4) Access to Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Double XP Opening Weekend, November 16th - November 18th. (5) The Amazon exclusive Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Wallpaper. The Nuketown 2025 content will be available in the product packaging. You must download Nuketown 2025 to get access to the Double XP Weekend. A code for the Kindle backstory will be emailed to you within two business days after your order ships. We will send you the URL to access the wallpaper within two days of placing your order. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.

It says, "The Nuketown 2025 content will be available in the product packaging." so I'm wondering if that's in every pre-order or if it falls under the "one per customer" policy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:53:41 PM PST
Harmicky says:
I can confirm what Smurf said; the code is on a slip inside the case. You should be fine. Might not be able to redeem two codes on the same PSN account though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:16:15 PM PST
I submitted my second response before I saw your post. I was curious about this. Good to know, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:16:36 PM PST
Thanks for the confirmation.

No prob, my brother has his own PS3 and own PSN account.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:05:59 AM PST
Harmicky says:
You bet!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions