Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pandora's Tower Announced for Spring 2013 in North America

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 9:02:23 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Press Release:

"XSEED Games Announces Pandora's Tower for Spring 2013 Release

Fan Favorite Wii-Exclusive Action RPG to be Released for the North American Market

Torrance, Calif., (January 16, 2013) - XSEED Games, an independent-minded publisher, today announced they have come to an agreement with Nintendo that will bring the highly anticipated action role-playing title, Pandora's Tower™, exclusively to Wii™ in Spring 2013. Developed in Japan by Ganbarion, Pandora's Tower takes the classic fairytale theme of a maiden in distress and adds a violent twist, with the protagonist setting out to slay over a dozen giant monsters and collect their flesh in order to free his beloved from an evil curse. The agreement with Nintendo grants XSEED Games exclusive publishing rights to Pandora's Tower in North America.

"It's fantastic to be bringing such a highly-anticipated title like Pandora's Tower to such a vocal fan base," said Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of XSEED Games. "North American gamers have been very patient in waiting for this game to be released, and we're confident they will be pleased when they get their hands on the title."

A tale of unfortunate circumstances, Pandora's Tower opens in the Kingdom of Elyria, where an unassuming singer named Elena succumbs to a wretched curse during a festival performance. Bearing an arcane mark on her back, she starts transforming into a savage monster, causing the town guards to attempt to kill her in order to prevent it. A young ex-mercenary named Aeron, whose heart has forever been pledged to Elena, whisks her away in the nick of time - and with the help of a mysterious witch named Mavda, he learns what must be done to avert her wretched fate. He must descend into The Scar, a massive chasm tied down by twelve chains connected to a floating island in its center, atop which sit thirteen interconnected towers. There, he must use his sword and a sacred chain to battle his way through each tower and extract the flesh of the boss "masters" that dwell within, which Elena must consume in order to reverse her ongoing transformation. But the clock is ticking! The longer Aeron takes to vanquish each beast, the less human Elena becomes, affecting her character and the game's final outcome in a profound manner. Time is of the essence...

Pandora's Tower was developed in Japan by Ganbarion in conjunction with Nintendo, exclusively for Wii. The game will be published by XSEED Games in North America in Spring 2013. XSEED Games will release more product updates in the coming months."

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:02:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:07 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
ninja'd

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=TxGJ8950KENW47

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:30 AM PST
Damn ninja'd by 1 minute.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:04:42 AM PST
new Tron says:
Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

Nintendo Wii. The Console That Never Dies™

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:05:05 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:06:59 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:05:53 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus...

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:58:49 AM PST
S. Brown says:
Good news deserves to be shared twice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:10:51 AM PST
Complete with the possible twist ending. I've read nothing about the story of the game, but I find it conspicuous that a mysterious witch is just hanging around when the lady becomes a monster. Me thinks, it could possibly be a Bond-villian twist.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:17:25 AM PST
Nightmare says:
Cool. I'll pick this up when it comes out for sure. I pretty much gave up hope on this game ever being localized.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:34:47 AM PST
anyone else want this on the Wii U with better graphics :p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:35:57 AM PST
No, you're thinking of the PS2.

Or you would be if those cowards at Sony hadn't stopped making it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:36:06 AM PST
new Tron says:
*Shrugs*

The graphics for this game look pretty great as they are.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:41:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:42:07 AM PST
They would be better in HD! Plus playing SD on an HD TV I think makes it look more pixelated, not a lot, just a little.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:54:42 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not me, I don't own a WiiU.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:39:58 AM PST
Keller says:
The game should be in 480p. But hey, HD of course is better. NSMB-U puts NSMB-Wii to shame mostly just from the resolution jump. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:48:01 AM PST
new Tron says:
I've honestly had no complaints about Wii games since I bought the component cables and set the Wii to output in 480p as opposed to 480i. Games like Muramasa, Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and The Last Story looked excellent to me. I never once wished I was playing them in HD. The Last Story in particular...that was an amazing looking game.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:29:58 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Yeah, Wii games of course aren't high-def, but they look pretty nice for me with component on 480p. I found The Last Story to look excellent. Metroid Prime Trilogy also looks amazing. Pandora's Tower is a really nice looking game even on Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:08:42 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It's almost hard to believe Kirby's Epic Yarn wasn't in HD. That game looks so good and is so smooth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:09:29 PM PST
new Tron says:
Agreed. Good art design in games goes a long way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions