Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Controversy Over AC3/PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 9:58:28 PM PDT
I would like to get some real feedback from gamers. Does the game glitch a lot?
Also, Im thinking about getting a PS3. (I already have a wii and xbox 360) I like the slim design better, but the super slim is a really good deal. 500GB hdd, 30 days of PS+, AC3, and of course the PS3 and Dualshock3. I would be taking the PS3 to different places every now and then, but size doesnt matter to me that much. I guess what im trying to ask is: are there any defects in the new super slim model? Easy to scratch, really loud, over-the-top cheap looking? I really appreciate any sort of answers you guys can give me. (Tell me about the slim also, if you want)

-NS

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:08:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 10:23:17 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
as far as AC3 goes, it works pretty well on PS3, if you want to get a good bundle deal for a PS3 system, i'd suggest getting it here> http://www.newegg.com/PS3-Systems/SubCategory/ID-686

the only difference between the slim and the super slim is that the super slim is pretty much like the PS1 where you open the door and set the disc directly into the drive insted sliding the disc in the slot on the regular slim. that way if your PS3 super slim ever gets a YLOD, you won't have to worry about it eating your disc, you can just pop the PS3 super slim door open and take the disc out without having to turn on the system.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:12:47 PM PDT
Any paticular reason? Or do you just prefer newegg? I think i may go with Best Buy, becuase the one by my house is really kind to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:13:10 PM PDT
Eh, no deals. Same price as everywhere else.

Depends on a few things, if he is a premium reward zone member at Bestbuy i'd go for that. If he has an Amazon CC and prime shipping i'd go for Amazon for their customer support.

Or he can wait for BF and get a stellar deal on a PS3.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:14:16 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
I am about halfway thorough the main story on AC3 and have not had any glitches so far, it is a beautiful game.

I am a new to the PS3 myself, only had it for about 5 months now, have not had any problems with it so far.

If you plan on moving it around I would recommend getting the extended warranty from Squaretrade just in case something happens you can get it repaired or replaced.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:15:13 PM PDT
As for the Op, I have a slim and AC3. There's a few glitches, but nothing major.

For the most part it runs great.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:15:51 PM PDT
If you can wait a couple of weeks there is bound to be some good deals on black Friday,while you will have to deal with the crowd you might find a deal you like on that day.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:20:25 PM PDT
Wow, thanks for all the information guys! I have a vita. When it broke, PS imediately gave me a brand new system because i had bought their warranty service. I think i will get it from amazon (i have prime), or just wait for black friday. I wish PS would come out and talk about it more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:25:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 10:35:42 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
well Newegg offers 2 day free shipping on most games (free shipping on systems too).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:56:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 11:18:52 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
if I were you, i'd get the 160GB PS3 slim or super slim system (if you can find a 160GB bundle with a game that would also be great too) for $250. then buy a SATA 2.5 1TB hard drive from Newegg for around $90, which would only bring the system price to only $340 (not a bad price). IF you're wanting a lot of space on your PS3 higher than 500GB that is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149377

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152291

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:38:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 1:39:40 AM PDT
Pick 34 says:
If I were you I'd hold out a couple weeks until black Friday. Theres a rumor of a $200 250 gig with both the infamous and uncharted collections.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/11/02/black-friday-deal-rumor-ps3-super-slim-with-5-games-for-200/

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:24:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 1:30:41 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
or yeah, what Pick 34 said, get a 1TB hard drive then and only pay $290 insted of $340. and once the PS4 comes out, you can take that 1TB out and slap it into the PS4 and save all your PS1, PS2, music, movies or whatever you have downloaded and play/listen/watch them all on the PS4.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:04:23 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I have a question about Assassin's Creed II in the PS3. Are the Benedict Arnold missions on-disc, or are they only downloadable through a code? I have the 360 version, and I'm wondering if I could rent the PS3 version to check out the bonus content.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:14:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:36:15 AM PST
I've run into these bugs/glitches in AC3 PS3:

Stuck on the environment (frontier only), unresponsive free run (frontier only), clunky combat camera that blinds you, lip syncing issues, frame rate issues, inconsistent textures, awkward VO pauses with body language during interactive chat sequences.

They seem pretty regular, but not as bad as they could be.

oh and way too many loading times interrupting gameplay continuity and cutscene urgency.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:32:35 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
There was a code in the case. :-/

@OP
Only PS3 glitches I've had so far are lip-synching glitches, but it's not too often.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:58:25 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
The Benedict Arnold missions are downloaded. There is a code in the box.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:05:39 AM PST
Black Friday is right around the corner. You will be able to get a super slim for ~150.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:26:07 AM PST
Waldo says:
@ Online Predator:

Wow, that's a LOT of glitches! Are you sure you downloaded the Day 1 online patch they released for XBox & PS3? Because they both kinda had similar issues, and the lip syncing thing still persists in both consoles til this day, but you would really have to look for it to actually notice it.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:34:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:35:48 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
Sadly, I'm playing ACIII on the PS3 and it's the buggiest, glitchiest game I've ever played (and yes, I've downloaded the Day 1 patch). I guess it goes with the fact that the entire world is huge, but it's annoying nonetheless. I'm only about one third through the game and I've already hit two bugs where I had to either restart the mission or get out of the Animus and come back to get rid of the bug. I don't really mind glitches because they usually don't impair gameplay and some of them can be pretty funny but bugs are an entirely different thing. I'm hoping this won't happen too often for the remainder of the game, especially since you can't manually save in those games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:39:03 AM PST
it forced me to install a ~40MB patch the first time I loaded the game--is that the one or is there another larger one?

but yeah, I notice the console versions of AC seem to be more buggy/clunky than PC versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:43:04 AM PST
What sequence are you on?

I haven't really noticed anything bad, just minor things and combat bugs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:52:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:57:51 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
I'm at the beginning of sequence 5. The first bug I experienced was somewhere in sequence two, I think. Papa Kenway simply refused to use his gun even though I told him to repeatedly and that was the only way to advance in the game since he had to shoot some barrels of explosives (or gun powder, maybe). I ended up restarting the mission a couple of times and finally the bug went away. At first I thought I was doing something wrong, until I saw a few people mentioning the same problem on the Ubisoft AC forums.

The second one happened when I was hunting with young Connor and he literally got stuck next to a flower bush after picking up a clue (he simply couldn't move). And there were also a few minor glitches, namely one where a deer got stuck inside a tree while trying to flee. :) And then there was this instance during a cutscene early on in which a character was clearly speaking but his lips weren't moving at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:43:01 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Geez! Guess I've dodged the bullet so far. Hopefully I won't see anything more beyond the lip-synching glitches. I can live with those.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:26:04 PM PST
Waldo says:
It's odd every game people complain about I NEVER have those issues! Lucky me I guess! Either that or people really love to troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:33:46 PM PST
" Papa Kenway simply refused to use his gun even though I told him to repeatedly and that was the only way to advance in the game since he had to shoot some barrels of explosives (or gun powder, maybe). "

OMG that was so frustrating. I was hitting every button in the book. I was like, seriously?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions