Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Playstation All-Stars Glitch?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 6:38:21 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
So nearly every moment I've had to game lately has been spent playing this online, and I have to wonder if any of you guys have experienced this "bug." In typical fighting game fashion, I've been picking one character and sticking with him to try and get better, but when playing online, once every 10-20 matches or so, the game will randomly select a character other than the one I picked.

I don't know if this is a real bug or if it's something the developers put in there to try and force people to learn other characters, but it's been making me pretty emu. It'd be one thing if it only did this locally or in quick matches, but when I'm playing ranked, I don't want to lose 10 belt levels because the game forced me to play as PaRappa when I selected Big Daddy.

Any one else out there have this happen to them?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:34:13 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
yes it happens to me as well. i'm pretty sure it is a bug, it would be pretty dumb if the devs are forcing you to play other characters

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:45:37 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I read on another forum that this apparently happens when you are unable to connect to opponents during matchmaking and it has to search again. So if you ever get to where it says, "connecting" and then it goes back to "searching for opponents," back out and start the search manually again to keep this from ruining your game.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:45:44 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Superbot's dropping a patch to fix this next week

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/01/first-playstation-all-stars-patch-next-week

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superbot has announced that the first patch for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is coming early next week. According to Superbot's official Tumblr, the patch will add a new item called Medusa's Gaze (presumably from God of War) as well as a number of bug fixes.

The following bug fixes will be applied:

View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
Voice chat icon added to loading screens
AI logic enhancements

Superbot also detailed the following network performance improvements:

Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
Overall improvements to network connectivity

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:51:07 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Sackboy is also getting a big nerf in this patch. His projectiles will now earn him less AP, and his supers will require more, so we're going to see a lot less of his spam.

Personally I'd like to see them do something to buff Big Daddy's supers. His level 1 is garbage (startup is way too long, range is awful, and no way to combo into it), and his level 2 is pretty easily avoidable for experienced players, only guaranteeing one, maybe two kills in FFA.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:01:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
I cant believe the 3 inch cotton filled burlap sack was the overpowered character in a game filled with serial killers, demons and warrior princesses.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:20:21 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Currently the top tier in FFA seems to consist of Kratos, Sackboy, and Raiden. At least, they're the ones I see the most. Also very good are Radec, Dante, and Sly.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:50:13 AM PST
saskamazon says:
Sir Daniels level 1 is pretty much useless - the 1 up in the air strike that can't be aimed ... some of the supers were odd choices & can't be used with any accuracy whatsoever, & others are beyond ruthless ... really have to know the characters. sure glad they're doing something to address the skill level situation ... I have had many matches with characters at 900+ level - which means these folks seem to do nothing with themselves other than play All Stars ... I hope to see that more evenly matched after the patch .... let all those folks who play 24/7 compete with one another ....

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 12:22:44 PM PST
I love the game but the spamming by Sackboy, Kratos and Radec are inexcusable. Sackboy and Radec invariably stand in one corner - Sackboy throws his projectiles (after dropping the electrified floor mat) and Radec just snipes repeatedly. Kratos' grab/slam and then supers are insanely annoying.
Definitely needs more character balancing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:24:47 PM PST
FOGE says:
i see a lot of Raiden. Hes my favorite character so far. But I've only played about 5 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:27:15 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I only find Radec annoying when there's more than one in an FFA and they each pick a side to snipe from. Otherwise they're not too hard to avoid/pressure. Against Raiden and Kratos you just need to focus more on defense and punishing their button mashing rather than trying to land the first punch, because their moves have high priority.

Sackboy is getting nerfed. His tactics won't change, but you won't see him getting two level 3's in one game as much. They've reduced the AP gain of his projectiles and increased the AP cost of his supers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:29:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 12:31:57 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I played a few matches as Jak last night and did pretty well. His jetboard gives him a lot of mobility options to keep from getting KO'd as much, which helps since he's tough to score a lot of points with (his AP gain is turrible, and if you can't get to his level 3 you're lucky to get more than two or three kills). I've mostly played as Heihachi and Big Daddy since the full release, but played a little with Sly, Kratos, PaRappa, and Radec during the beta.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:30:42 PM PST
FOGE says:
I like Jak too. And Ratchet's first Super is awesome. I got a triple kill with it online the other night. So far, Drake is the only character that hasnt meshed with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:32:41 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Ratchet's first super is really effective. You can use it to get guaranteed KO's in any stage with walls.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions