Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Health Insurance Increase, Obamacare ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 4:58:23 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Athem Blue Cross $180 - $216 ($36 Increase or 20 %) Yippie !

I love paying for everybody elses problems. I went to the doctor zero times in 2012.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:08:09 PM PST
Someone's gotta start paying off those 2 wars that Bush put on a credit card.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:08:27 PM PST
Aku says:
I need to look into this. I've heard being native American means we're exempt from that whole Obamarama or whatever it's called, but my coworkers aren't exactly the most politically savvy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:09:39 PM PST
Because insurance NEVER went up before now, right?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:12:34 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Does this have anything to do with Obamacare ? It's effective in February '13.

20% FrumpleOrz ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:13:26 PM PST
I'd say it's more the greedy insurance companies. They are less concerned about anyone's health and more about the profit.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:15:24 PM PST
I work for a health insurance company. We always try to stay competitive in the market, which means sometimes lowering our rates in some areas while increasing them in others to cover the costs. It's a balance issue, nothing more nothing less. Obamacare is killing the industry, we will see insurance companies go down one by one. We've already had to cut half a million from my (small) department's budget alone. Can't wait for more cuts and layoffs, thanks Obama!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:15:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 5:20:05 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Have you seen their (Blue Cross) commercials lately, we are a non profit company ? What are they talking about ?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:16:29 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Most of Obamacare isn't even effective until 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:17:52 PM PST
Companies are already preparing ahead of time. We're not just "waiting" for Obamacare to hit and then, ohnoez, we're out of money all of a sudden. No, we're preparing ahead of time to be screwed over, hence all the budget cuts in my company since he was re-elected.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:23:45 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Not trying to say that the companies are waiting, or should be. Just that most of the changes aren't effective until 2014, and trying to blame any change in the cost of healthcare on Obamacare is absurd. There's more than one factor at work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:26:59 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
it's like that time i knew i was gonna get roughed up by the mob (i swear, i didn't KNOW she was the don's daughter, but i digress), so i broke both my kneecaps in advance.

boy, that sure taught them a lesson! heck, they didn't even bother showing up, after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:33:49 PM PST
Umad?

The Lakers must be playing like shit again.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:41:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 5:56:55 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Easy Joshy that's what the" ? " is for.

Tron: Me ? Lakers ? They are pretty bad, bad head coach hire in Mike D he's a wishy washy wuss like Mike Brown, Dwights laughing it up with the game on the line as he misses FT after FT. Mike D tells us 38 year old Nash is gonna solve all the problems when he comes back, everythings fine he says.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:43:37 PM PST
B. Hoover says:
Not sure what the full implications of Obamacare are, but less control for "insurance for profit" companies can't necessarily be a bad thing in my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:46:25 PM PST
"I love paying for everybody elses problems. I went to the doctor zero times in 2012."

You money actually went towards the millions the head man (or woman) gets in pay and bonuses. It would be hard to prove either way but if you just lump the complainers into a group you can easily show that they actually never paid for others.

I did this with a friend of mine on taxes. He constantly, due to his greedy nature, complained about is small amount of taxes on his HUGE amount of money. Said he hated paying for the deadbeats (aka the poor). I showed him how his tax money actually only covered the pay of a few in congress and that he should call them and get his money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:49:53 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Not sure why you're addressing me with this, since I haven't said anything in regards to your posts.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:10:23 PM PST
When the govt told the credit card companies that they couldn't just indiscriminantly raise your interest for no reason they found other ways to make millions in profit anyway. This is no different. You aren't paying for "Obama Care". You're paying so that insurance companies can compensate for being told they have to do business a little cleaner.

Period.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:21:35 PM PST
Keep repeating those hippie-leftist talking points. It makes it easier for me to remember who the hippies and leftists are.

Actually, why is Uzi even in your name? Don't you know how many people those things have killed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:25:02 PM PST
Right. It's not the democrats who are greedy, for wanting to take money from people who actually work for a living, and giving it to their friends, or greedy, lazy bums, or the UN, or countries that hate us.

On top of borrowing more money from China and other countries.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:37:46 PM PST
You do realize people would take you more seriously if you didn't just steal buzzwords from AM talk radio, right? If you actually had a thought of your own, maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:41:06 PM PST
I do have thoughts of my own. Plenty.

But what's the point of trying to impress the brainwashed members of Generation Y?

I may as well try and explain fractions to a dog.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:47:36 PM PST
They might listen if you actually TRIED to talk to them instead of blatantly insulting them when they don't agree with you instantly. I don't have a problem with right wing politics, heck, I probably lean a little farther to the right than left, but the problem is the rhetoric. If you have substance to your thoughts, people WILL listen.

HOWEVER, the same rules have to apply to you! You can't expect the left to listen to your points if you're unable to take criticism or listen to their point of view either without devolving into name-calling and mindless parroting of rhetoric.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:03:16 PM PST
I have 2 episodes of Person Of Interest to catch up on.

This show is super duper kick ass.

Is it a coincidence that a Nolan is involved, and I like it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:07:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 7:10:45 PM PST
Guess what a "hippie-leftist" I am? I voted for Ron Paul in my state's caucus.

Pro-second amendment here, here.

But continue to make assumptions. I'm sure you'll pull a few "Paulbot" names out of your clever bag.

I guess it's impossible for many Republicans to admit their party's mistakes. Perhaps that's why the party's in turmoil and quickly fading into irrelevance. Did you vote for Bush when he said he didn't want to nation build? Why are you excusing his actions after winning? Did you just vote without ever actually listening to him?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions