Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:13:36 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Lings Lings from Costco are pretty good, comes with the sauce too.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 11:17:12 AM PST
That was a good episode. I think that kid escapes next week and brings back the big party and the govenor in season 3.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 11:21:41 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Get that governor talk out of this "no comics talk" thread, yo.

I have no idea who that is. Don't want to know until next season. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:26:41 AM PST
M. Ogre says:
Hey, Don't Mess With The Gohan!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:29:06 AM PST
lol dude, the creator of the show said its gonna happen in an ign article. I dont know who he is either besides that. So I am technically talking the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:32:57 AM PST
user22 says:
No worries, I hear you.

A zombie capable of assassination would make for a good comedy though. Picture a zombie sitting at a desk, writing out his "bit list"...you know, instead of hit list. lol, nevermind.

I like pot stickers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:37:59 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I'd never heard of the governor until people started talking about him in the VGF. Just trying to abide by the rules set by the OP. He doesn't even want you to talk about the little previews you get to see of the next episode. :)

How you been, man?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:59:18 AM PST
Ive been doing well. How are you? This place seems alot different than the old days. It used to be the wild west, now its the mild west. lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 12:05:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 12:57:13 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
lol, I knew I missed you for a reason.

Hehe, it's hard to self-reflect on how the community has changed since I've been a part of it. That would be better suited to someone who has left and come back. Honestly, I'd be happy to hear we have mellowed out some. Can get plain ridiculous around here sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 12:08:00 PM PST
I have to admit that I miss all of the stupid threads. So back to Walking Dead. Dude this show is so sweet. Its the best thing I have watched since Breaking Bad I think. They always end seasons in a crazy way, so the next two episodes should be insane. Do you think Shane or Rick will ever die? I kind of think they need to keep them alive because they are so important to the show. They are like Walt and Jesse. You need them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 12:49:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 12:50:31 PM PST
Ice King says:
He's actually been cast already and will definitely be a part of season 3. Whoever "he" is.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 12:50:57 PM PST
Im sure it will be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 12:56:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 1:08:50 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/24/the-walking-dead-governor-daivd-morrissey/

Here is the article about the guy who will play the Governor.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:01:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 1:01:45 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
Why all the hate for Shane? I think he is my favorite character. He is the guns blazing, black and white, shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy. He has an overt sense of survival because he really WANTS to live. Unlike Glenn's girlfriend's sister, whiney sister. I think Daryl is a good guy too. But Daryl is more of the Batman of the group. I think he can play the bad guy, and live the bad guy role, but when he gets the chance to be the hero--he knows he can fill those shoes. I think if I have to see a character go next it'd be Andrea. She is the wishy washiest, most unthinking member of the group so far. Poor Carol seems just like a whisper in the background. I can't wait for T-Dogg to step up and do something. I think the writers have something big in store for him as far as fleshing out his character. He may not have had a role up to this point, but I see him taking a much larger role later on than any of the early Star Trek-red-suits-beam-down-to-the-planet-and-die-type-roles.

You can still tell Rick makes the better leader than Shane ever could. He seems to have an inherent knowledge and ability to figure things out better than Shane can. Maybe it's the element of looking after his family that makes him learn or pick up on things faster--he does have to worry about more than just himself.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:08:00 PM PST
Shane is B.A.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 4:50:05 PM PST
user22 says:
"He has an overt sense of survival because he really WANTS to live."

I don't think Shane "WANTS" to live any more so than anyone else. His main goal is simply to obtain Laurie and Carl...it's becoming like a gem-encrusted trophy to him to have them as HIS family. Basically, Shane is greed personified.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 6:17:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 6:19:06 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:12:04 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Agreed. Like Dale walking off into the fields alone, at night. So what if he's armed. He sees the dead, gutted cow, the first thing I'd be doing was quartering the area visually, while running like hell back to the house, not gawking at it with my jaw dropped. So yeah, that was the latest wtf moment. But there are not too many of them, I'll give them that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:24:12 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
not to mention its pretty wide open so I'd think you could see a walker coming from far away.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:33:47 PM PST
That's what gets me about Dale's death is that it was just so... Lame...

I'm showing so much restraint right now not to mention a certain visual publication in paper form it isn't even funny. That was a worthy death, if I were actually drawing a comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:36:04 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Gyoza I'm ruined. Now when I see you post, all I can think of is Ling Ling, which makes me think of a cheezy bar in Hong Kong, and scantily clad Ling Ling trying to climb on my lap at the bar muttering about "ruv you rong time".

Ruined.

And now I want some Vietnamese spring rolls. DAMMIT!! GO AWAY!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:39:34 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Banh Mi > Spring rolls unless the spring rolls comes in a bowl of vermicelli and grilled pork.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 7:46:16 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Cool beans!! Next time we go Vietnamese, I'm checking these Banh Mi out!

We had Vietnamese next-door neighbors, and the missus made THE best spring rolls I've ever had. I mean, she made a TON of other great stuff, but that is all I remember.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:47:33 PM PST
user22 says:
It's been established that the farm is generally a safe zone. Any stray walkers end up stuck in the mud of the swamps or just simply don't wander that far from sources of food. The only reason why that one made it so close to the house/camp is because Carl provoked it. If he hadn't been there to give it something to strive for then it most likely would have stayed there stuck in the mud, undetermined to do anything. With that in mind, Dale's reaction to the cow seemed perfectly natural to me. And with all of his thoughts obviously devoted to what had just went down at the group meeting, there's no way he had enough focus in him to be able to make a quick reaction.

Sure it's easy to judge that situation with a clear mind, "this is what I would do...yada yada" but if you were actually in his shoes it probably would have played out the exact same way.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  148
Total posts:  2474
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions