Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

VG Backlog Report: Month to Month

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 544 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:27:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 7:32:30 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
We appreciate this support group you've developed for us. Can't believe we have a one year anniversary coming up. Digging back through it, I now see my backlog count has increased by 12 since our first progress report. For shame, I'm backslidden. Perhaps I'll try to knock out some really short ones before the one year anniversary pops up, ha!

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:30:45 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
My problem is that when I buy a complilation I don't like to add that +3 to the backlog but when I start worknig through the games I like to knock them off as I complete them.

Example, I listed the Sly collection a 1 until I started working through it then I switched to listing them all separately so I could knock them down 1 at a time. Unless they suck, I do plan on playing all the TR games.

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:58:47 AM PDT
Games purchased last 30 days:
1. Dead Island
2. Space Marines
3. Mario Galaxy
4. Max Payne 3 (Renting later today)

Games beat last 30 days:
1. Dead Island
2. Pokemon Red on Gameboy

Got about half way through Space Marines yesterday

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:06:46 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Wow Athas. You have a lot of good games in your backlog. I recommend Red Dead Redemption.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:21:53 AM PDT
thanks, i sarted shopping for current gen beginning of 2011, majority of them were vgf recommendations from ppl i know who has similar tastes.

I see you gave RDR 10/10, it was actually one of 3 games I was considering next to play (or Mafia II or Darksiders).

question for you, you put in 10 hours into infamous 2 how is it so far? i've been considering that game as my next to buy, enjoyed 1.

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:25:16 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I loved the first one and was afraid Infamous 2 would ruin the series. Its awesome though. Its all the good with a little more refined controls. The game feels bigger and more epic. I want to put more time into it but havent been home.

RDR is truly amazing. Even the slow boring stuff in it is interesting. THeres just something about wandering the desert on a horse while the sun sets. Hunting is fun and addictive and all the random events in the world really add to the immersion. I want to replay that game but have so many other games to play.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:28:56 AM PDT
Month 10 - Summer is here, school is out, happy Father's Day

Games beaten last 30 days: 1
1) FFV (iOS) - FF marathon chugging along nicely, at a rate of 1 title per month.

Game moved to Replays: 1
1) Tropico - I forgot I beat this game a long time ago, and bought it on sale from GoG for some RTS nostalgia.

Currently playing:
1) Final Fantasy VI (iOS) - still amazed there are items/cut scenes I've missed to this date.
2) Fallout 3 (ps3) - 195 hours, Level 27 and 35% trophies. Replaced the Naughty Nightwear back in storage since my speech is 100%, traveling light with Red's jumpsuit for sm. gun+5.

Backlog: 37 to 37 [0]
Time to Complete: from 52D/21H/56M to 52D/20H/54M*
*above time from howlongtobeat.com

I know, I got off on a technicality, since I am not counting AC1 which comes with my copy of AC:R, since I haven't downloaded it yet. But I'll take it. 6 months without increasing my backlog combo chain activate.

1 more report, & then backlog report's 1 year anniversary!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:39:20 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Games purchased last 30 days: 1
1) Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Games beaten last 30 days: 2
1) Final Fantasy XIII
2) Sideway: New York

Games deleted from backlog: 2
1) Binding of Isaac
2) Deus Ex

Currently playing:
1) Picross 3D
2) Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Backlog: 51 to 48 [-3]
Time to Complete: from 28D 6H 40M to 25D 3H 21M

Darn! Tried to finish up Picross 3D before the update. Got 9 puzzles to go out of the 369 in the game.

Since I'll only be playing Lord of the Rings co-op, it won't be going in my backlog, but I'll put in my custom "Co-op" tab on HLTB. And I deleted Binding of Isaac from the backlog. It's not a game contingent on me beating it. I've played it a good bit, come back to it, and it's a roguelike that you're supposed to just keep coming back to, really, so it would probably never be removed from the backlog in the usual "I beat it" manner. Also deleted Deus Ex. I just don't see myself coming back to it after my initial attempt at it.

Also, I subscribed to three months of PS+. I probably won't add any of these games to my HLTB backlog, as I don't know which I'll actually commit to playing through.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:43:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:45:30 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Games Purchased: 0
(I did buy a couple for iOS but I'm not counting them as I don't care if I ever finish them)

Games Beaten: 3
* Dead Space 2
* Tomb Raider Legend
* PJ Shooter

Currently Playing:
*Alice: Madness Returns

Backlog: -3

Notes:
Alice is very stylish but very glitchy. Controls could be tighter as could environmental hit detection, and honestly, stylish or not, I'm kinda waning interest wise as I start Ch. 3.
TR Legend was both fun and maddening. Again, lots of sloppy controls and wonky hit detection really affects enjoyment of an otherwise fun game.
DS2 - Very fun, highly recommended.
PJ Shooter - it was OK. Glad I didn't pay full price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:46:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:47:14 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Was Picross 3D a rewards download Kirk? And how was Sideways?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:51:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:51:52 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
No, it was a retail purchase. Perhaps you're thinking of Pictobits? I believe that was a rewards download from last month, and is supposed to have similarities.

Sideways, in many ways, is similar to your description of Alice (though not glitchy) - more style over substance. The controls aren't perfect, but they're tight enough that I didn't find myself getting too frustrated with it (but it also never gets overly difficult, so that could be the main reason). Overall, it was fun, short, and very stylish. That said, I'm glad I didn't pay full price to buy the game.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:52:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:03:18 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Games purchased last 30 days: 4
1) LoTR: War in the North $15
2) Assassins Creed: Revelations $20
3) Batman Arkham City $20
4) Civilization V $7.49 (not adding to backlog)

Games beat last 30 days: 4
1) InFamous 2
2) Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon
3) Max Payne 3
4) Gears of War

Currently Playing
1) Civilization V
2) Red Faction Armageddon
3) Deus Ex HR - very close to beating this

Backlog: 40 to 45 [+5]
Time to Complete: from 30D 5H 17M to 36D 0H 50M*
*above time from howlongtobeat.com
Comment: Well, I did my part to work down my backlog, but PS+ free games added a bunch to it. Not a bad problem to have though. Also, not sure I ll ever have a month where I'll beat so many good games. All 4 were excellent!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:55:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:59:56 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I thought maybe it was last months freebie as I missed what last month's were. Isn't Picobits this months freebie?

I've heard good things about the Picross games (from Emu) and would've been bummed to hear I missed it.

Also, thanks for the recap - I played the demo. It was OK, but I think I'll pass.

Alice is weird in that you can get caught on the edge of a wall going through a door and it doesn't look like you should or a combo won't register when you think it should. Not overly difficult either (on normal) but little things like I've mentioned add up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:58:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:59:27 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
redundancy is redundant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:09:47 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Oh yeah, Picross and Picross 3D are great puzzle games. I definitely recommend. Hmm, I thought Pictobits was last month, and this month is Donkey Kong, Kirby, Sudoku, and...something else.

Alice is a game that I pretty much just want for that art style. The game itself looks...okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:18:07 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Aw man, there's no way I could be at or below my backlog total from when we first started a year ago. Was at 41 when we started, and I'm at 48 now. Guess I could be doing worse with it. I'm almost back to my starting weight!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:21:32 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I just checked. Mine has more that doubled. But as a result Im buying less games new so saving money.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:22:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:23:11 AM PDT
wow ppl beat lot of games this month.

@Kirk - lawl, there you go. that's a respectable silver lining. (btw initially misread thought you had issues with deus ex:HR)

@foge - i'd say that's still a plus.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:28:06 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yeah, Ive been trying to clear out the backlog a bit. Been exceptionally motivated and stopped playing BF3 for the month. Gave me more time to beat games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:28:39 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, it's not a bad problem to have, my friend. :D

@Athas
Nah, DE:HR is in the backlog, and I have high hopes for it. This month, though, I'll be focusing on games in my backlog that I likely won't keep. That's because Best Buy has a great trade-in promotion this month (bonus 100% trade-in credit), and I'm going to off-load as many as I can while it's active.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:34:01 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yeah, Im using the backlog as an excuse to wait for games to drop in price. Plus, I think we'll see a drought before the next gen consoles arrive so I can work through my backlog then.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:48:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:48:54 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Oh yeah, I've been on that track for a while now. Last year, I'd mostly buy games when they'd get in the $10 - $15 range, thinking to myself, "They'll probably never be cheaper than this!". Now I'm even generally avoiding the temptation of getting them at that price since my backlog is hovering around 50 titles now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:00:41 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I'd been wondering how ongoing co op games should be handled in the context of a recorded backlog. I'm currently playing Trine 2, Resident Evil 5, and Portal 2 co-op campaigns (with 3 different people, no less) and have decided that since they're games I'm currently playing (if not frequently), they've earned the right to disappear from my backlog list.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:02:10 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I keep coop games if I havent beat them yet. If Im replaying it I wouldnt count it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:03:38 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, that's how I do it. I prefer my backlog to simply be games that I have control over starting and finishing. With co-op, there's no way of knowing when my friends and I can line up schedules to play, so I just use the "Custom" tab on the site to toss my co-op specific games in there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  544
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2011
Latest post:  24 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions