Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 179 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:23:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:24:27 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I just beat the campaign last night on Heroic and all I can say is...wow. What an absolutely incredible game that completely exceeded all of my expectations. I'm usually not one to dwell on the story in a video game but the whole thing was done so incredibly well. I also played through the first chapter of Spartan Ops on Heroic. The fact that this mode has it's own CGI cutscenes for each chapter and has it's own separate story further illustrates the devotion to the franchise by Microsoft and 343. The whole idea behind Spartan Ops is novel and fresh I would love to see them expand this more beyond what is already planned. I have to keep on going through AC3 because I have to get it back to Gamefly in time for some other games I want to play coming out but it's going to be extremely difficult to not keep on playing this in the meantime.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:28:06 AM PST
waxc3 says:
spartan ops will have a planned 50 episodes (within the 10 chapters) i read.
i wonder if they will do more afterwards

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:22:21 AM PST
Got through level 7 of the campaign last night, what a game. I was so wrong yesterday, almost as soon as I turned the game on last night the story picked up considerably. I don't love the "Run here, press button, run here, press button" routine that they seem to rely on, since it feels a little bit filler-ish (particularly on the gondola segment), but other than that this is a hell of a game. This is the first Halo I've played that I would say deserves GotY nods.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:21:23 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
I guess these first 50 episodes are part of the first season, and they're free. I believe they stated they'll release a second season, or at least alluded to it, but it will be a paid DLC. Personally? I'd happily pay for more of these. They are fun, good for short bursts of gameplay, and still help you level up in the MP with the weekly challenges and commendations.

Plus, those CGI's. Dang.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:13:36 AM PST
I still haven't touched spartan ops....how are they?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:20:36 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Fun, although pretty difficult by yourself. It's not like it really matters though since you get unlimited respawns.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:49:50 AM PST
Best Halo. I didn't think any Halo would ever top Combat Evolved for me. Halo's in good hands at 343i. Best campaign mode and story to date, very fun multiplayer.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:51:14 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i enjoy the Ops mode. the unlimited lives plus co-op makes it a fun and silly race to kill enemies on legendary.
it reminds me of an old arcade game (with neverending continues).

i have only leveled up using the Spartan Ops mode. ill not play the multiplayer.

hey K Kuz thanks for the info!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:50:53 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Mp is good and addictive. I played capture the flag for the first time last night because the daily challanges and i found myself playing more than the required 3 wins.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:54:56 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
I havent ventured far from the team slayer/big team slayer. im guessing the CTF is good?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:18:12 AM PST
I've only played a couple of games of flag.....most people in that playlist are groups of "teams" that for the most part know what they are doing...in the end....the team I was on got beat pretty quickly.

I love BTB.....the maps are phenomenal.....I hope they eventually include Big Team objective.....CTF on Valhalla was always a blast on Halo 3....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:24:52 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i enjoyed it. but like Truth just said, their might be matches where you get dominated and thats when i get the sniper rifle and stay to the side.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:26:47 PM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
CTF is good, but as been stated twice already, you'll probably end up playing against actual TEAMS so you'll get wiped clean if you can't work together with your random group. It's best to go in with a team.

My fav. playlists are BTB and Dominion. Seriously, Dominion is so much fun. I really enjoy the base fortification system they have. I just wish people would understand that in order to win, you need to capture the bases, as a group, and not from kills. That's why I usually stick with people I know when it comes to those games.

No problem waxc3!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:33:01 PM PST
AndrewA says:
The campaign was good but considering the short length of it, they could've expanded it a good amount.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:13:30 PM PST
who is AEK says:
Before server update: HOLY **** I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!
After server update: WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****?!!! Why is this so laggy?!! WHY in God's name did my headshot register as a shoulder shot?!!!!!

:'( I really hope they fix this game pretty soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:44:48 AM PST
Haven't experienced this issue....when did the update go through.

As for playlists....

BTB is a lot of fun...again I really hope the start including a playlist with BT objective...

Swat is fun...

Dominion is great...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:06:41 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
ya i didnt know of a server update. i have only experienced 3 laggy games but were fixed once some people left the match so im guessing the host had a terrible connection.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:32:56 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I agree. The core is there for this to be a great mp for years to come, but they have got to work some kinks out. Especially the lag compensation issue. I have full confidence that they'll get figured out in the coming weeks, but as of now, if I'm in a game and notice on the kill cam that the guy didn't even shoot me once, I just back out and find a new game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:46:34 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Did they add swat back finally?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:48:00 AM PST
waxc3 says:
swat is in 4 yes

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:51:41 AM PST
It was there last night...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:53:51 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i noticed it there a couple of night ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:57:17 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Damn I better get on that then. Swat was my favorite mode in reach because it was much easier to still have a good match when the inevitable one person quits the match early for no reason.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:00:20 AM PST
Swat is always fun...once I learn how to get around the maps better I'll begin to play it more...

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:04:42 AM PST
Can't wait to get this again tomorrow so that I can finally play!!

I want double team and 1 flag CTF to be added and I'll be set.

Not that I hate 2 flag....I've just always liked 1 flag better, especially on Halo 3.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: I'm leaving this forum forever 23 1 minute ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4228 24 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 88 31 minutes ago
Microsoft has made 1 million Xbox One Elite controllers 33 32 minutes ago
Lots O' Keys, Mostly Steam With A Few Origin Thrown In For Good Measure 40 35 minutes ago
Reasons to own a console even if PC is just as great 59 36 minutes ago
OT: Racist Pool Poster 144 39 minutes ago
Sony is ending support for Ustream features on PS4 11 43 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats customers: DVR function promised for XBox One, now is cancelled 2 44 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats customers: millions of people paid $100 each for Kinect camera, now it has been abandoned 1 50 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats customers: XBox Fitness was paid for, now being cancelled 0 1 hour ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1569 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions