Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Playstation World, the first info on the new service available at launch with the new PS4 console

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 167 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 8:15:28 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
This should clear up the chatter. Sony is doing a solid if this is to turn out accurate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4news.it%2F13867-playstation-world-prime-info-sul-nuovo-servizio-disponibile-al-lancio-con-la-nuova-console-ps4.php

Playstation World, the first info on the new service available at launch with the new PS4 console

Cloud-gaming in the first place!

He had already spoken in the news this mattica. Now we are transmitting you some news about PlayStation World, a new service available at launch with the new Playstation 4. This is what can be seen from some rumors from New York.

The new name was chosen because it encompass all the services known to date along with other new, and will be accessible from a variety of devices in addition to the Playstation 4 and earlier PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, including tablets, smartphones, web site via PC, Smart TV.

Here are the top features:

Free

- Online free as the current Playstation Network

- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones

Payment (annual cost of about $ 89.)

- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4

- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay

- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube

- More space for saved games in the cloud

playstation-world

Remains to be seen which of the above features will be exclusive PS4 and what other shared on consoles and mobile devices. While waiting for a denial or confirmation from Sony, we remind you that tonight will be staged on Playstation Meeting, to watch live video streaming on our 4NewsTV LIVE with commentary in Italian by the editors of 4News.it

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:19:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
If Sony were a ship, it would look like swiss cheese with all their leaks.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:20:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:20:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Free online. M. was wrong. Flores was right.

I hope that $89 is a Yen translation and therefore not correct pricing for America.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:20:46 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
No point in entertaining M's wishful thinking in the other thread.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:21:08 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
So we should re-up PS+ now while it's a) cheaper and b) includes the 3 extra months?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:22:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I did. I'm good until July of 2014 now, and I still have a free month from the GoW saga to put in there, so I'll be good until August of 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:22:10 AM PST
I. Flores says:
I always am.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:22:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
$89 is still a good deal for Plus. Id honestly pay twice that. Plus you get the Gaikai gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:23:35 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
60% of the time, you are right every time.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:24:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:24:49 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Free online was such a huge tactical advantage, I would have been very surprised if Sony gave that up.

Anyway, looks like I'll be re-upping plus tonight myself which will put me good through roughly May of 2015 (2015? wow.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:24:11 AM PST
Are you? Wager?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:24:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
LOL, I don't even know how wanting a competitor to have to pay for online play so you feel better about being ripped off by XBL (my opinion) is wishful thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:25:09 AM PST
I. Flores says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:25:37 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Hold your horses.

Yeah, if its clarified that current plus memberships will rollover into the PS4, i'll stock up a few years worth now just to keep my machines fed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:26:01 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Heinz?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:26:26 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Is there any other?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:16 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'd rather have a case of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:22 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thats an interesting theory. Im curious if that would work now that you mention it. Im pretty sure Im already set up til next January or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:25 AM PST
I. Flores says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:51 AM PST
FOGE says:
Love that stuff. I go through about a bottle a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:28:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:28:56 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Well, whatever. You can argue Plus is a better value for the obvious, yet i don't feel ripped off by XBL services...its peanuts we are talking about.

This does however make me consider the PS4 as possibly my first next gen console all things considered since the service is shared accross 3 devices, maximizing its value to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:28:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
They just came out with a buffalo sauce/marinade for wings. I got a bottle and I'm going to try it out this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:28:51 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Considering I won't be home until after the announcement, I won't have much opportunity to jump the gun, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:29:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It wasn't peanuts to me. I was struggling for a while there with spending $50 on Plus because I could have gotten a game or two on my wishlist instead of a year's worth of a subscription service. It was quite a trying decision for me.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:29:31 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"Payment (annual cost of about $ 89.)

- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4

- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay"

Ps+ being bumped up 30-40 dollars more a year just for Gaikai? No thank you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  167
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions