Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is "THE" OT Thread, born and bred in the USA, but hip, worldly; and generally benevolent; where men are men, boys will be boys, and girls actually exist

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:22:53 AM PST
Prankster says:
I still don't know if DVvM is a girl. Anyone have any proof? People just say it was mentioned but no one seems to know for sure. And without proof, I follow the general rule: there are no girlz on the internetz.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:26:31 AM PST
She's fairly indirect about her gender, but she's dropped some clues here and there. I'm pretty certain she is, and to date she hasn't protested being called a girl.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:12:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 9:13:07 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:28:58 AM PST
Banner says:
You did ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:00:35 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:54:40 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
It does seem that the troll posts are getting worse. People just camp out and downvote too. It doesn't bother me but it is baffling more than anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:58:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 11:30:01 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:10:24 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am looking forward to going....hoping it does not snow here before I go, and it looks like rain all next week so that is a good thing. Can't wait to get up early and go swimming in the ocean.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:31:38 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think dvs a guy and he hasn't protested it either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:35:37 PM PST
Anthony says:
i remember awhile back there was a post by either Nate, Guest, or Punk that said DV posted on facebook or steam, i think, and referred to herself as a woman. she never denied it, so i've just been going off that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:56:14 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I didn't see that one.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:43:44 PM PST
What are you guys and gals gossiping about?

*Reads about the VGF getting weirder, strange posters, etc.*

Oh I see, your all talking about me aren't you?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:51:16 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
The G-Man, checking in!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:34:33 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Guys, for once and for all, why question that DVvM is anything other than what she seems to be, which is female? She does not BS about anything, does nothing even remotely resembling troll behavior. She comments responsibly and intelligently (and far more so than most of us) and over a WIDE range of subjects. She is matter of fact, yet has a casually droll sense of humor about things. She does not venture wild opinions about subjects that she is not conversant with. Overall, she strikes me as being an extremely sane and well-integrated person, and pretty much above pettiness. Based on the straightforwardness she has exhibited so far, I think she has both indirectly implied her femaleness by stuff she has said, and directly mentioned that she has a husband. And I HIGHLY doubt that this is a case of a "gay" husband, I think she simply has a husband, like, boy/girl style.

I suspect that she does not directly address the sex issue because she finds it not worthy of her attention: you either get it, or you do not. She does not seem to be affected or concerned by it either way. If you are intelligent enough to recognize her for what she is, great. If not, she is not going to stoop to feeling like she has to explain herself.

I don't think she has a whole lot of ego issues about much of anything, doesn't seem like she has anything in particular to prove about herself, which is why I don't think she addresses any of this sex issue thing: what "they" say. I think she is here to have fun and interact, period. I wish you guys would just accept her for what she is, and leave the sex thing go.

/lecture

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:36:13 PM PST
Just finished Asura's Wrath. Fun game, not very long, beat it in about 4 hours. Think I'm going to work on either Assassin's Creed 3 or Saint's Row 3 next.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:49:44 PM PST
Hey all! Just woke up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:31:42 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think it's more of a curiosity than anything we all wonder about all the time.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 7:23:42 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Has anyone seen the British flick: Attack the Block?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:33:44 PM PST
Yes. I thought it was pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:39:50 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I hear it is like sci-fi comedy....May have to check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:41:56 PM PST
I honestly thought it was light on comedy, but, it's still worth a viewing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:46:51 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
That is fine by me...I just want crap to be blown up, lots of action and some suspense. I also have the Warriors lined up and the Thing (2011 version), and Death Race as well as finishing up Star Trek VI....A lot to choose from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:51:20 PM PST
I liked The Warriors quite a bit. Did you hear about the remake that they are doing of The Warriors?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:53:14 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I like the Warriors too. It has been a few years, so wanted to watch it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:01:07 PM PST
I don't think she has a Facebook account, as she is a very private person. She most certainly does not use Steam.

She's probably the single most private person on the forum. Probably about 90% of the regulars are now in a group or two on FB, many game together, but as far as I know no one on the forum even knows her gamertag.

Most of the women here don't mind the "no gurlz stuff," and they laugh with it. DV doesn't find it humorous, which is fine.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions