Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Girl Gamers?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 424 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2012 9:22:34 AM PDT
Is your gals gaming lifestyle similar to that of your male counterparts, or completely different? Do you look at your male counterparts as neanderthals, unsophisticated mouth breathers...or do you look at us as one in the same, just with a burrito instead of a taco?

Do you gals game and/or read gaming mags while on the crapper while the whole time ignoring your own funk just to get your gaming fix, do you gals discuss amongst your friends who you would smash out of say Link, Nathan Drake or Marcus Phoenix (by the way, who would you...you know smash) or do you hang out with your friends with the pretense of spending quality time together, just to get to their games?

Do you gals get offended by the depiction of woman in video games and/or offended by how developers see girl gamers and their idea of what a girl gamer would want to play (i.e. Cooking Mama)?

Michael

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:29:38 AM PDT
Girl gamers are a myth.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:32:51 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
apparently there are more & more female gamers all the time .... :-) I don't know too many gamers in my day to day life, let alone women ... would be hard to answer the OPs queries, as I have not been exposed to the gender differences of gamers in my own environment ....

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:35:26 AM PDT
When I think of what girl gamers want to play, I pic something like Portal or something similar.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:37:34 AM PDT
Trust me saskamazon...you're not missing anything...we're a mess.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:39:52 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
female gamers have a wide spectrum of preferences I would assume - I love LBP, but am having a blast with Walking Dead .... some might only play hidden object games, while others want COD ... I don't own any of the Cooking Mama series ....

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:46:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 9:47:35 AM PDT
My wife's a gamer, doesn't play as much as I do, but she usually plays whatever I'm playing at the time. It's kinda cool cause we can talk about it and help each other out with parts and stuff. She's also a huge Elder Scrolls and Fallout fan.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:47:36 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
What's a grrr-ill?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:51:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 10:48:25 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Portal, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Fable, Mario games, Lego games, Bethesda games...

The girls I've known that game at all are generally drawn to games with combat that doesn't take much skill, light puzzle solving, lots of customization, and story-driven experiences that don't have a lot of guess work.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:51:47 AM PDT
LogJam says:
I want to smooch them right on their nerdy faces

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:55:42 AM PDT
I spotted a female gamer once. I tried to have a conversation, but she shot lightning bolts out of her eyes at me and flew away. They can do that, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:56:55 AM PDT
Frankenzubaz says:
My financee plays games, not nearly as much as me. We like our couch co-op. We play harry potter lego part 2 and rayman origins. On her own, she is level 60 sumtin on Skyrim. I let her mix a few potions one day, and didn't get the controller back for weeks. On one of our first dates, we played some LotR hack n' slash from last gen. I knew right then I had me a keeper.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:58:20 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I've never heard of a financee... is that like a fiancee that does your taxes?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:59:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 9:59:57 AM PDT
Frankenzubaz says:
It's a veiled reference to Raising Arizona. But she did do my taxes one year.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 10:00:14 AM PDT
There's a reason why 'fiance' looks so much like 'finance'.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:00:26 AM PDT
"I don't know too many gamers in my day to day life"

Same here and I have always wondered why that is. I mean who wouldnt like Video Games right? I only know of 2 people besides me and my kids that play games as a hobby.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 10:03:58 AM PDT
K Archer says:
Girl gamers are a myth. No way there are any are better then any guy at a shooter. No way.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:05:10 AM PDT
Saskamazon I'm sure you...and pretty much any other girl gamer...could wreck me on CoD.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:05:55 AM PDT
It's what you cook hot dogs and hamburgers on in your backyard.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:07:35 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Tragically, I've never seen that movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:09:43 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
You are a statistical outlier.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 10:11:33 AM PDT
Delpi says:
I'm a girl gamer and sis is too. We usually play COD. I recently started playing Rock Band 3. I'm amazed how die hard some people get with these games. Yikes. I'm considering Minecraft based on joining the majority of my live friends playing. Multiplayer is my thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:12:06 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Well in real life, some of the best snipers are women. Just saying.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:16:24 AM PDT
Frankenzubaz says:
That is a tragedy. Plus, I just ruined one of the best lines for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 10:16:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 10:18:33 AM PDT
G. says:
There are probably a lot more of us out there than you think. I particularly don't seem like a "gamer" when in public or my workplace. But if somebody asks me about a game or mentions it, they will then know, I am one of them...

EDIT: I'm talking about being a gamer here, not a girl gamer FYI hah
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  424
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions