Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2012 11:54:41 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:06:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 12:08:04 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Dale is a whiny turd?! You're a whiny turd! Seriously, though, Dale is still awesome.

I'm hoping that Daryl will come back around to being a B.A. likable dude. I guess he's still fuming over the Sophia thing, but I want to see him get back in the action. I'm enjoying Glen's arc so far. I did think that conversation between Lori and Andrea was annoying. Hard for me to pick sides in the argument because I thought they were both wrong in their approach, ha.

It kind of seemed like Shane and Rick came to a silent agreement. Not that they'd be buds, but that they at least understood each other, and then in the preview we see that Shane is still talking about usurping Rick as the leader. What?

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:13:39 PM PST
Though I still enjoy the show, I am growing wary of the "Farm Drama". I miss the episodes where they were going from place to place looking for assitance and supplies, and along the way kicking some Zombie butt. And last night we finally got to see some proper Zombie thrashing. For me the farm life has ran its course, time to hit the road.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:16:01 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:17:06 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:21:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:23:04 PM PST
SMH says:
I agree with this. I mentioned in another thread last week that I wanted them to get back to the way things were in the first season...it didn't go over too well.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:23:13 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Whoops! Sorry about that. I figured everybody watched the preview, lol. At least it was something pretty minor. As in, the same thing that's been happening for many episodes now.

I don't know, I like Dale. I like how he tells it like it is.

Lori was creepy the episode before last. She was whispering sweet murderous plots into Rick's ear.

Only characters I sincerely don't like are Shane and Andrea, and that seems to be to some degree the intention of the writers. I like everyone else. Well, except for T-Dogg. I don't dislike him, I'm apathetic to him. I just wish they'd do something with him. Was he even in the last episode?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:24:43 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
That's clearly the case. It just didn't come across that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:27:07 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:29:20 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:31:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 12:31:16 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Yeah, I couldn't quite put my finger on what they were attempting to say with that. Just the futile aimlessness of their situation? How after all they went through that day, the world continued on its downward spiral? I really don't know.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:36:04 PM PST
user22 says:
I happen to love the direction they have been taking all of the characters in. It shows how they are obviously affected by things such as Sophia's death. And namely Daryl shutting everybody out. That comment he made to Carol when they were arguing...something like "What, are you going to try to make this about my daddy now?" Clearly he and his brother Merle had the typical lower class southern upbringing. Probably had an alcoholic father who beat them and/or their mother. Now he felt like he was going to be a part of a real family with Carol and Sophia, but then Sophia died and Carol seems strangely less affected by it than the others. Maybe because Sophia was the last connection she had to her abusive husband? I don't know, but she seems more liberated now and I think Daryl is kind of shaken up over that.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:44:55 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
I liked last nights show. I think Shane and Rick are two of the best characters along with Daryl. They really should shoot Randall.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:47:11 PM PST
Mojie55 says:
Also if I was Rick, Shane would be due for an "accidently fatality" soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:48:05 PM PST
user22 says:
"He's clearly a good-hearted man and knows "evil" when he sees it, but I feel like he just always goes about it in the wrong way."

You just described exactly what makes his character so interesting. Dale is a good-hearted, good-intentioned man who tends to go about showing it in the wrong way. He tries so hard to help solve the others' problems but only ends up adding to them. His character is the conduit of everyone's drama as he exposes the underlying evil. Without him, things *might* be a little more sane, but they definitely would be a whole lot more evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:51:08 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:52:19 PM PST
Ice King says:
I wasn't sure about Randall but that scene where he killed the zombie that was attacking him said a lot about the kind of person he is.
It was more than him just protecting himself, he seemed to be enjoying it to some extent.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 12:53:35 PM PST

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:59:20 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
I'm hesitant to try to second-guess the writers of such a compelling drama. If someone rubs me the wrong way, that's because they are supposed to, the character flow was designed that way.

I'm working backwards from what I leave the show with, after watching each episode, and that is that I love it. The characters are diverse, beautifully humanly flawed, and each one compelling in their own limitations. Are they all starting to reach a new level of coming apart? YES, and that is great, because that is how life-in-ongoing-crisis seems to work, and that is how character develops or disintegrates.

So again, based on my take-away from the show, that I'm enjoying it, can't imagine where it goes next, can't wait to find out, and most importantly, do not feel for one minute that my intelligence is being insulted by an oh-no-you-didn't moment, like I get from most of TV, I'm quite happy to afford the writing and production crew the license to go where they will. I'm happy to go along, and let them create annoying and discordant situations. They do it well, and I'm thrilled that they are so good at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:01:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 1:02:42 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
"I'm hesitant to try to second-guess the writers of such a compelling drama. If someone rubs me the wrong way, that's because they are supposed to, the character flow was designed that way."

Exactly. As I said before, I dislike Shane and Andrea, but it's also clear that the writers want me to dislike them, or at least dislike what their characters have become, where they're going. In this, they've done a good job.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:03:11 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:09:50 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Are all the decisions that you make every day correct? In hindsight, how many times could you say: well, I reasoned it out as much as I had time for, as far ahead as I could think it out and IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME?

What is being showcased, especially right now, is how on-their-own each character has really become, because the simmering and unresolved strife within their group is forcing them all off into their own little corners, into isolation from one and other. So, I would call Lori's decision ill-advised, but, especially within the context of the mood that the writers are trying to create, I wouldn't call it stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:11:36 PM PST
user22 says:
I know right? Good catch on that. One or two stabs was enough, but he went beyond the "Double Tap" rule and kept going at it with enthusiasm like it was part of a game. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. It's good that he's fully aware that walkers are no longer civilized people, so he has no moral issues with killing them, but that could also be a sign of mental/emotional instability.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:11:37 PM PST
Ice King says:
"I'm hesitant to try to second-guess the writers of such a compelling drama. If someone rubs me the wrong way, that's because they are supposed to, the character flow was designed that way. "

That deserves some applause. I spend far too much time on the imdb board where everything that happens on the show that someone doesn't like or isn't explained seconds after being introduced is a "plothole" or "bad writing".
And when a character they like does something stupid, it's not because the character is an imperfect human being, it's proof that the writers have no idea what they're doing.
It's refreshing to see someone who just wants to sit back and enjoy the show.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 100 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  148
Total posts:  2488
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  23 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions