Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PSN Update - 2/19/13

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 10:05:59 AM PST
So far we have the PS+ update, but that's about all I've got so far.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/18/playstation-plus-update-vanquish-joins-instant-game-collection/

PlayStation Plus Update: Vanquish Joins Instant Game Collection
+ Posted by Morgan Haro // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms
We've got a monster update to the Instant Game Collection today as not one, but two fantastic games are coming to PS Plus members for free! By now, you've got your hands on last week's addition: Closure. Dungeon Defenders is still free in PlayStation Plus, and has a PS3 Community XP Event coming up this Thursday (register here for more info).
With tomorrow's PlayStation Store Update, you'll be able to download Vanquish and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X free if you're a PS Plus member. We've got more including special content for Dust 514, and a launch week discount; so without further ado, let's get to the goods.
Don't have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.
February 19th PlayStation Plus Update

Please enter your date of birth below:

Vanquish (PS3)
PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Celebrate the release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance by playing one of Platinum's finest action titles: Vanquish. The same studio that's bringing you Raiden this week, also delivered one of the finest sci-fi shooters in Vanquish. Check out its fast and fluid combat system, experience the visceral melee combat, and download this PS3 Full Game free as a PS Plus member.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP and PS Vita Compatible)
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

An enhanced remake of the classic Mega Man X, complete with 3D character models, remixed music, and all new unlockable features, this is classic Mega Man turned up to 11. When Sigma leads a group of Reploids in a revolt against mankind, it's up to X and Zero to protect the world from ruin. You can download this title free as a PS Plus member and play it on your PS Vita, or PSP.

Please enter your date of birth below:

Dust 514 Starter Pack
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers. While the game is still in its beta phase, you can take advantage of this free Starter Pack. Remember, additional content you purchase in Dust 514 while it's in beta will be carried over to your account when the game sees its full release. You can download Dust 514 now, and it's free to play.

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3 and PS Vita - No Cross Buy)
20% off for PS Plus members (PS3 Version: Original price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99 PS Vita Version: Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle challenges players to push their risk-taking to the absolute limits and deliver maximum stunt rewards. The game`s nonstop action is complemented by a host of features including multiple game modes, leader boards, rider and bike customization, and much more. With slick urban detailed graphics and an innovative physics engine fine-tuned for fun pick-up and play, the game has been specifically engineered to get the most out of both PS3 and PS Vita versions.Learn more about the game from the PlayStation Blog's coverage and download it this week!

What's your favorite content from this week's PS Plus update?
What was your favorite content from January's PS Plus offerings?
Don't forget about the upcoming Dungeon Defenders PS3 Community XP event as well! The game is still free for PS Plus members. Click here to learn more on how to sign up for this event!
Lastly, if you haven't downloaded Retro City Rampage or PAYDAY: The Heist, today is the last day they will be free in PS Plus; same goes for the Critter Crunch, Derrick the Deathfin and Karateka discounts.
Let us know your feedback on PlayStation Plus in the comments below, and don't forget to use the poll links to speak your mind about what content you liked the most. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:08:58 AM PST
Placeholder

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:12:09 AM PST
That's cool. I haven't played Vanquish yet, so I am looking forward to giving it a try.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:15:46 AM PST
prsmooth says:
I guess so far it will be Vanquish and Mega Man X for me.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:18:44 AM PST
Vanquish is a decent game.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:20:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:21:24 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Has anyone here besides Archer played Dust? It seems like a neat thing for the super hardcore, but is it any fun for more casual gamers?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:21:46 AM PST
Nope, but I'm going to try it this week.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:24:06 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I remember her recommending reading a couple of guides before starting so leaning toward not for casual gamers.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:28:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:30:07 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Vanquish?

Freaking awesome. I'm stoked.

Also, is Derrick the Deathfin any good? Vid made it look really cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:28:52 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I respect her skill when it comes to anything FPS, but when it comes to what games and mechanics are good/fun, we don't see eye to eye at all, so I'd like to hear from some other people about it.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:30:06 AM PST
Admiral55 says:
I was hoping Vanquish would be available this week.

Score!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:32:00 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I tried the beta and did not like it. Some of it was just the nature of a beta, some of it was the setup of the game. It's all a bit too complicated for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:34:38 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Ugh, I am being silly. I should just give it a shot myself rather than let other people color my perceptions before I even play it. It's free, after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:38:21 AM PST
Hah, let me know how it is!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:39:16 AM PST
Soulshine says:
If plus is giving us 10 bucks to spend I might give it another shot. I think it's a cool concept but I'm not really all that into competitive MP in general. Certainly not enough to spend money on microtransactions.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:55:06 AM PST
I still can't remember which game Dust is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:02:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 11:02:53 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It's a F2P FPS that's connected with EVE Online. I don't know the specifics of how, but battles that are won and lost in the FPS have an impact on the economy of EVE. Crazy good hardcore players can get contracts and stuff from EVE players that have corporations.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:03:11 AM PST
And I think you can even call down support from EVE players.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:03:48 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I only played one match, but I rather enjoyed it. The controls aren't the tightest, but they worked well enough for me. I was expecting to be completely outclassed and outgunned considering so much of the game is supposed to revolve around equipment and all that, but I managed just fine. Had a positive ktd and managed to capture multiple points for my team, so I think playing casually could work. Of course, it does seem like you'll get the most out of if you're grinding for cash/mingling with other players/forming coalitions, but I enjoyed what I saw. It is definitely overwhelming for a noobie, though. LOTS of optional tutorial stuff is front-loaded if you're so inclined.

TL;DR I liked. Give it a try.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:16:01 PM PST
K Archer says:
Eventually, Dust will also have PvE too, but right now it is pretty limited. It is still a "beta", and isn't done. Things are getting tuned, fixed, balanced, added. There will be a huge new patch soon (prob within a few weeks) and it will change things up.

A full, competitive match (where I didn't do so hot, but we won...and ignore the war in the comments...) just for a taste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGrjxXGxEA

Anyway, yeah, its not for casuals right now...when PvE comes it it may become more casual-friendly, but right now its not. You need to take your time, plan out your character, and play smart. Get some people who know what they're doing (I'll be happy to help if you're on my FL, and you can try to friend request me, but yeah, my list is probably full...) and get advice. Ask questions. Play with others. Don't worry about doing bad.

If you are interested in trying but haven't played yet go to this link too and check it out. https://dust514.com/recruit/LIqJ2h/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions