Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So I have been playing Wii U for a few hours now...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:20:08 PM PST
Nicos says:
Impossible. Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:19:17 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Whew, that's good news. That has to be a load off your mind.

It seems like the problem is the console/controller doesn't reset itself properly after the update. I had that issue once with the Xbox and once with the PS3 after an update a year or 2 ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:01:02 AM PST
Prankster says:
It's still not that advanced here. High speed till now has cost a bucketload of money per month which is why I opted for a lower speed but unlimited downloads. However they are introducing fibre technology to provide higher speeds now at almost the same price. I've contacted my provider to upgrade to a 10 Mbps connection and he said he will let me know when it can be available at the soonest. Fingers crossed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:59:46 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
My update was complete when I had this all white/blank screen. I just unplugged it acouple of minutes ago and I was able to create my Mii and other things, so now it seems to be alright. I was kind of worried there.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:47:36 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I have been reading a lot of stories with people saying they have bricked Wii-Us because the power went out in the middle of the update. This is just one reason why all my expensive electronics (TVs, consoles PCs) are are hooked up to a UPS. They are useful for more than just computers. Random power fluctuations, brownouts and blackouts are not good for electronics, especially in the middle of a firmware update. They can even damage stuff you wouldn't think it could. It's worth paying for a few $50 UPS devices for around the house to save thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:38:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:40:50 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I also saw this post in a thread here, to anyone keep in mind, DO NOT turn off the console, unplug it or anything while it is updating or you'll have a bricked console on your hands:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64666282

"Why did it brick? Did you shut the power off?

My WiiU restarted to a black screen after my system update. All I did was wait a bit then cold boot the system. It didn' detect the gamepad at first but it eventually came on and everything was fine."

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:32:15 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/11/19/wii-u-update-problems-for-basic-owners/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:27:33 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
I can turn off the game pad but I can't turn off the console itself. I don't know what the freak is going on. The game pad will allow me to use it as a remote but that's aal that's happening except for a blank damn screen. Damn it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:19:30 AM PST
I'm sure I'm the evil one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:19:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:31:44 AM PST
That's weird. You might need to reset your system. I'm not telling you to do that, mind you. I just can't find any information about that. It didn't happen to me though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:16:58 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I think you did. Hopefully there aren't now 2 copies of you running around, one good and one evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:11:41 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
After it installed, it asked me to install a new user and now there is just a blank screen on the game pad with Wii U in the corner and a blank TV screen with Wii U in the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:08:28 AM PST
It's been stuck like that 10 minutes after the download finished? I didn't see anything like that but I was out of the room while the update downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:06:26 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:43 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Jason, after you downloaded the installments and it updated the system, did you get to a point where the screen was blank on the game pad and screen except for the Wii U logo was on it. It seems that I've been there for about 10 minutes now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:10 AM PST
Ever see that episode when Word encounters around 285,000 alternate realities? It could be that I passed through some kind of spatial anomaly on my drive home.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:04 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Please refer to this link for additional information:

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/la-forge-Geordi

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:59:00 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Uncle Jason, I heard on the Internet that everything you read on the Internet is true. Therefore since the popular opinion on the Internet is that the Wii-U sucks, it does. Although we do have a problem here because you just posted on the Internet that it doesn't, and you're having fun with it. I think we may have one of those quantum fluctuations you see on Star Trek: TNG, which seems to be generating a lot of downvotes on people who post positive things about the Wii-U. I'll have Geordi see if he can modify the the warp engines on this forum to set up a reverse tachyon field to fix it.

P.S. Please don't correct my made up ST:TNG physics DVvM. It's supposed to be nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:52:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 12:52:42 AM PST
Prankster says:
I have just a 1 Mbps connection. It takes me at least 3-4 hours to download a GB. I knew that wasn't fast but I didn't know I was living in the stone age. I hate you Dustin! :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:47:19 AM PST
Sealed= factory sealed (unopened.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:46:29 AM PST
" . If you are thinking about buying an obsolete, out-dated game console"

That describes every game console past and future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:44:30 AM PST
Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:42:40 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:39:01 AM PST
What about virtual games you downloaded to your Wii, can you transfer those games onto the Wii U console?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:24:51 AM PST
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions