Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What does Obama's second term mean for gun owners?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 334 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:13:17 AM PST
What do you hunt these days?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:14:21 AM PST
One murder is a tragedy. A million is a statistic.

*I do not think killing animals for food is murder.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:14:32 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Did Obama ban guns yet? Fox News said he did, I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Sounds likely.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:14:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:15:19 AM PST
DVvM says:
The answer? Absolutely nothing.

You still have a republican controlled house and the red team can still put together a successful filibuster in the senate.

Unless one party controls the white house, the house, and has a 60 or more senators, you're not going to see that party passing legislation that is completely intolerable to members of the minority party.

In a sense, this makes government inefficient, but it does effectively protect the interests of political minorities, and "protecting interests of political minorities" is why we live in a Republic, not a Democracy.

For the record, I have three guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:15:01 AM PST
FOGE says:
I think killing animals for food is delicious :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:15:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
The idea is a compromise will be forced. Instead we just have the minority party refusing to vote on anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:15:58 AM PST
Sounds like what happened with Obamacare!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:16:44 AM PST
"For the record, I have three guns."

That's hawt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:20 AM PST
And in an engagement, I would absolutely prefer to shoot someone twice on semi. The liklihood of a jam is enough to prevent me from using burst.

Full auto is also used for wide open spaces when you need to put a ton of rounds down range.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:48 AM PST
Actually haven't hunted in years based on my geographic locations in those years (Middle East/Central and Southeast Asia), but when and if I do again we're talking rabbit, duck, and possibly deer.

I used to do alot of deer, caribou and bear hunting up in Alaska...some hog hunting down in texas...woodcock, turkey and deer in upstate NY.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:26 AM PST
Lucanus says:
The house was conservative controlled, some conservatives had to have voted for it or it would not have passed. All bills require a majority vote in the house and in the senate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:38 AM PST
Yep.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:50 AM PST
Agreed, but when people are speaking out against hunting due to the "defenseless" nature of animals but eat meat...well it simply reeks of hypocrisy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:20:11 AM PST
That was my point. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:21:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:22:12 AM PST
Just cuz i eat meat doesn't mean that i want to know where it comes from!!! jk....But just cuz i eat meat doesn't mean that i want to shoot n skin it myself!!!...I don't want to see any creature suffer for any reason!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:21:29 AM PST
Ah, now I see it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:22:11 AM PST
You should check out the documentary Food, Inc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:22:30 AM PST
Were you in any situations where you had to unload full auto at hostiles?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:27:00 AM PST
GMAN....I don't need to check out anything...I know ALL about it...unfortunately!!!

Anyway...It's no use arguing the point witchu cuz i wouldn't hurt a fly...Well maybe a fly but that IS IT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:10 AM PST
I stopped watching it because I wanted to remain ignorant.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:24:09 AM PST
FOGE says:
Good documentary. It doesnt concern me at all to know where my food comes from.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:25:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:33:04 AM PST
DVvM says:
Well, currently our political system is dominated by extremists on both sides who are generally unwilling to compromise with members of the opposition.

This leads to bad government. The solution is not "elect more democrats" or "elect more republicans", instead the answer is "elect better democrats/republicans/whatever". Unfortunately, we seem to be saddled with more or less the same damn government we had for the last couple years.

This may be a whole new can of worms, but I think part of the problem is that the hardcore partisans actually pay attention to and participate in primary elections (particularly for congressthings), and this effectively weeds out most of the reasonable candidates.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:31:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:33:28 AM PST
DVvM says:
Well, one of them is a 20 gauge bolt action Mossberg that I got for Christmas when I was 12 (I took gun safety class in the spring.)

The other is an O/U 12 gauge Remington trap gun that I used when I shot double trap competitively up until grad school (And now it's not even an Olympic sport anymore ;_;)

The third is a .40S&W Jericho 941 that I bought when "Concealed Carry" was a hot political issue, as a sort of quiet protest against the people who thought this would turn the state into a sort of "Wild West". So I bought the gun, took the class, and got the permit so I could consciously never shoot anybody with it. If I did end up living in a Wild West scenario, it might come in handy. This was perhaps not my wisest purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:36:45 AM PST
Everyone seems to think the zombie apocalypse is a given, so it might have been a smart purchase. If you get me a bunch of brass I can reload those .40's for you too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:39:40 AM PST
Gameresq says:
Fortunately, my workout has kept me in good shape. I bench well over 200 lbs, and I am 6'1" and 170 lbs.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  334
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions