Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Xbox 360 4GB SkyLanders Bundle, $149 Black Friday at Walmart. Also full Black Friday ad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 97 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:16:31 AM PST
E_Fast says:
$35 is still not too shabby. I was just looking to get Forza 4 for $10-15 but this just froze my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:19:25 AM PST
E_Fast says:
Is the price match policy at all of the BX's? I don't have a valid ID anymore but maybe I can get one of my friends who do to spot me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:20:57 AM PST
I always preferred clean saved or waxed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:22:19 AM PST
Yea, I was a cake guy too. I use to eat the hostess moon pie chocolate top and buttom, then throw the marshmellow filling away.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:36:35 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im not too upset. And I really like it. Ill def recommend it, especially at $35.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:49:17 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
Will Best Buy and Target match the Walmart bf ad?

I'm pretty sure Walmart throws the games in a giant bin, otherwise you have to get a store employee unlock it for you amongst a literal sea of shoulder-to-shoulder people, armed with obesity and body odor. Not to mention the inner honeybooboo that walmart bf brings out of its shoppers.

But those prices are mad I tells ya!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:54:04 AM PST
Chunk says:
Price match policy is all of the BX's. Thats what I do every year since I gotta come in and work the Black Friday. I bring the ads with me and price match what I want.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:54:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
All you nerds should buy Spec Ops: The Line.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:58:12 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
What is BX?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:10:33 AM PST
Last year, they had all of their games on a rack. God, I wouldn't want to be an electronics employee on that day if all of the sale games were locked up and they had to get them individually from the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:14:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:14:30 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
$15 is exactly the price I wanted to pay for that (no less!), so I'm definitely going to be picking that up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:15:42 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Nice. Didn't even spot Spec Ops: The Line on there. Will definitely try for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:17:07 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Sometimes I just gotta let my inner honeybooboo run free with her own kind, away from cruel judging eyes like yours.

For these sales, I do believe they throw everything that's on sale in large bins so it isn't necessary to unlock the case like usual for every shopper. It's like a crowded, smelly, treasure hunt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:21:05 AM PST
E_Fast says:
Unfortunately Best Buy and Target don't price match during Black Friday sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:21:45 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
I've found myself suddenly saddened with the immediate emptiness I felt upon defeating all of the Most Wanted cars. Like an aimless, shuffling car zombie in a world without car brains.

There should have been more Most Wanted races, and they should have created real NPC personalities and teams to beat to reach each boss race. Opportunity wasted in an otherwise really fun game.

I'm thinking 15-25 (I will pay a lil extra to avoid Walmart) is a good price for Horizon ...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:27:58 AM PST
Chunk says:
BX is the Base Exchange. It is a retail store on the military bases.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:16 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
was Most Wanted that easy?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:37:28 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I haven't played it any since Saturday, but I was nearing the top 3 cars then so it shouldn't be much longer. Have you delved into the multiplayer at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:38:50 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
There are definitely some anger-inducing, life-questioning difficult races, but the actual Most Wanted races are pretty easy once you unlock a few things, like reinforced body and reinflating tires (important).

There is some rubber banding in the Most Wanted races as well, which is strange, because there isn't anywhere else in the game.

It just feels like a big, empty city, that is pretty, diverse, and fun to drive in, but is also bland, like plain oatmeal, when it seems like adding some fruits, nuts, and chocolate pieces wouldn't have been that difficult.

Maybe they are waiting for DLc to make the game more interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:20 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
Yea, the mp is fun, but I don't really care for the lack of structure, nor the lack of a universal starting line. Some of the modes are a ton o' fun, but there aren't a ton o' options, you kind of are just thrown into whatever, without much choice.

I don't think it feels like Burnout Paradise 2 so much, because I want to think that game would have been filled to the brim, whereas MW kind of feels hollow like Hot Pursuit.

Somewhat like Rage, when great gameplay just isn't enough. I should give the mp more of a shot though, I put about 2 hours into it, and about 12 into the sp (a lot of which was just d1cking around).

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:13:27 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Here's something about Walmart's Black Friday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/wal-mart-offers-its-earliest-black-friday-ever-1C6929092?ocid=msnhp&pos=6

"Attention frustrated Black Friday shoppers who can never grab that hot product: Wal-Mart is hoping to relieve some of that anxiety.

The world's largest retailer is throwing its doors open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, two hours earlier than a year ago. It's also guaranteeing shoppers that it will have three of the most popular items it sells if they line up inside the store during a one-hour event that day.

Those who are lined up inside the store between 10 p.m and 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving will be able to purchase the following items: an Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi for $399 plus a $74 Wal-Mart gift card; an Emerson 32-inch LCD TV for $148, down from the original $228; and an LG Blu-ray Disc player for $38, about half off the original price.

For those who are inside the store during that one-hour window on Thanksgiving and find the product sold out, Wal-Mart will offer a guarantee card for the item. The item must be paid for by midnight and registered online. The product will then be shipped to the store where it was purchased for the customer to pick up before Dec. 25.

"We know it's frustrating for customers to shop on Black Friday and not get the items they want," said Duncan MacNaughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer at Wal-Mart's U.S. division. To satisfy customers' demands for coveted items, Wal-Mart "bought very deep" on products that matter to its customers, he said.

MacNaughton declined to offer details but he told reporters Wednesday the discounter is offering sharper discounts and broader, deeper assortments for the kickoff and the rest of the season compared to years past. For example, Wal-Mart doubled the number of tablet computers it's bringing in for the winter holidays.

The stepped-up strategy comes as Wal-Mart, based in Bentonville, Ark., is counting on keeping its momentum going at its U.S. business, which started roaring back late last year after struggling during a more than two-year slump. It's critical for the holiday shopping season, which accounts for as much as 40 percent of a retailer's annual sales.

Wal-Mart's strategy raises the competitive stakes for the start of the holiday season. American retailers have increasingly expanded their hours on Black Friday to get ahead of the competition, but now the kickoff is creeping earlier into Thanksgiving Day.

Starting with the 8 p.m. sale on Thanksgiving, Wal-Mart will have two more rounds of sales that will also include a consumer electronics sale two hours later and a sale at 5 a.m. on Friday."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:17:04 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
This new trend of opening up on Thanksgiving evening is actually more annoying to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:26 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
its like eat dinner and then go wait in line where poeple have been waiting all day. i missed the days where i would go at 5am and push people around rushing for a coach purse for my wife at 40% discount.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:00:02 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
Hopefully Amazizzle comes thru for all its homeboys.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:35 AM PST
That Xbox Bundle is tempting. I could use a new Xbox. Hmmmmm
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  97
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions