Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Game that didn't live up to expectations or hype in 2012?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:18:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:19:03 AM PST
Have to agree, Metascore tells me nothing about a game/movie.

EDIT: I take part of that back, it tells me other people liked/disliked it. Not that I would like/dislike it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:20:13 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Halo 3 was getting 10s as I recall yet everyone here was complaining about the SP.

As for UC2, most here love the game. (I am also one of the few weirdos that still love UC1 the most and hates SMG).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:21:17 AM PST
Yeah that was the sweet spot I was waiting for. Heck I'll even buy Raccoon City.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:21:37 AM PST
Beau says:
Cool. I'm good with stabbing and shooting...it's the unnecessary gore and violence a la Dead Space and the like that I can't really handle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:21:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:22:52 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
IDK, I think you're being overly harsh. It is legitimately a great game. If we have a complaint it might be with the reviewers that hand out 10s like candy.

Oh as to RE5, I too loved it and will prolly grab RE6 when it hits the bargain bin.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:22:25 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Then you really don't have anything to worry about with Assassin's Creed 3.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:22:35 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:35:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:23:00 AM PST
Beau says:
I liked Halo 3 but by the third installment of the franchise I was annoyed with the flood. They were bullet sponges and made the game tedious. I also got lost in that one all-Flood level or whatever it was.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:23:12 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont understand the hate for Halo 3. That was my favorite campaign that Ive played. Still working through 4 which seems better, and havent played Reach yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Theres no gore really. You ll see people throats slit in a few cutscenes. Thats about as graphic as it gets. I think youll be fine with AC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:03 AM PST
Beau says:
Reach & *hides under table* ....ODST were my favorite campaigns in the series. 4's campaign wasn't bad either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:19 AM PST
Either Sarcasm or Trolling... I'm gunna go with Sarcasm! Always give the benefit of the doubt!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:38 AM PST
Beau says:
Cool. Is the game linear or open-world?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:41 AM PST
Tim Hellman says:
Keller can't contain his fanjoy over nintendo's new console. He's smiled on every post he's made for the past 2 weeks.

Seriously, why are you smiling so much?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:25:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
This is joke right?

Full game is co op.
Graphics are unique and stylish
Story is fun and campy and hardly the point to the game.
No idea what you are complaining about with the quests.
It literally has more weapons than any other game ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:26:05 AM PST
FOGE says:
I loved ODST. Its right up there with Halo 3 for me. I really appreciate the Firefly guys being in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:26:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
I know what level you mean. At the end in the all brown cave. I struggled with that one. It just wasnt fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:26:43 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I am not hating on H3, I was just saying that (as I recall) it got 10s and the general consensus was that it didn't live up to that hype. Funnily enough, Reach didn't get 10s but people generally say that's a great game, better than 3, and apparently 4 is up there with Reach ( or better, I honestly haven't been tracking the reviews for 4.)

The thing with UC2 is that while it got the same scores, there wasn't as much controversy at the time for the scores it got (again, as I recall.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:27:18 AM PST
FOGE says:
It starts out pretty linear, but its actually an open world game. It just takes a couple hours before the game lets you do what you want.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:28:07 AM PST
Twisted Metal.
After the awesome fest that was TW:Black on PS2 I thought they would put more effort in the current gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:28:45 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ok, Ill admit its not a 10. Felt a little like Halo 2.5 to me. But very fun.

UC2 was leaps and bounds above UC1. I think thats why people were more accepting of its scores.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:29:29 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
As for ODST, I thought it was almost purely about the new MP maps and that the campaign was more an extension of 3. (meaning like/love 3, like/love the SP in ODST and if not, same).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:29:54 AM PST
FOGE says:
I think this is personal preferences. A lot of people (myself included) love this game. Its a throwback. More like Twisted Metal 2 and older games from the 90s. It wasnt meant to be like Black. BTW TM Black was one of my most played PS2 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:30:24 AM PST
Beau says:
That's cool. To be honest, I'm not much for truly open world games (I get bored unless I have an objective to complete and a path to follow) but the historical setting of AC III sounds like it's worth a play through.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:31:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, if thats how you feel, you can just go through the main missions and skip the side stuff. You wont miss anything important. I did that with AC Brotherhood.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions