Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Game that didn't live up to expectations or hype in 2012?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:31:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:49 AM PST
Beau says:
I actually loved ODST for a few reasons:

1. No Flood
2. Firefly cast
3. I liked the whole "detective" theme and playing through flashbacks. I thought that was neat, and something fresh for the franchise
4. Firefight

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:31:58 AM PST
Indeed, a 9/10 game for me is awesome, very few games qualify in my book for this. So therefore a tiny amount of games will qualify to be above that mark. I really dislike the score inflation that is going on, and then having the now 2/10 reactionary reviews for sites to get hits, neither of these actually serve the customer.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:36:16 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
ODST was about 3 things: ODST's in New Mombasa, Firefly and Firefight

You felt more human , in the exploration and combat, than in any of the Halo games. You couldn't just engage covenant like you were Chief.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:34:17 AM PST
Beau says:
Sweet! I've got a $20 Reward Zone certificate coming to me on the 13th of this month, so I'll use it on AC III. I'm sure it'll be well worth it at $20 off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:35:02 AM PST
FOGE says:
Awesome! Let us know how you like it. BTW, some people were a bit turned off by the slow beginning. Give it some time. It gets better as you play. Once you get around the Boston Massacre, the game really picks up a lot.

I enjoyed all of it, but some people didnt like the slower pacing at the beginning.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:35:24 AM PST
Benpachi says:
2012 has been pretty great, but there were some games I was bummed about.

Tales of Graces f- The characters, story, and battle system were by far the worst I have even experienced in a Tales game.

Dead or Alive 5- DoA 4 with a weaker single player mode, solid fighter but I expected so much more. Great boob physics though, clearly they cared more about that than making a good game.

Code of Princess- It was ok, but you can get Guardian Heroes for $10, and it's a much better game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:35:25 AM PST
Yeah, I just wanted to see how bad the hate for me was gonna be.

Just for the record, Borderlands 2 is now one of my fav games of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:36:07 AM PST
"Once you get around the Boston Massacre, the game really picks up a lot. "

Geez, spoiler alerts Foge!

:p

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:37:45 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yousonofabich! Haha you got me on that one!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:38:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
America wins the war. Shoot! Is that a spoiler too ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:39:41 AM PST
Beau says:
Well, looks like I won't have to wait until the 13th...I just reserved it at my local Redbox. I'll give it a try tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:40:50 AM PST
As long as France doesn't help us out, I'll be okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:49:26 AM PST
It's so freaking good... I love Borderlands 2.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:57:00 AM PST
DVvM says:
Well, Resident Evil 6 was the game that really didn't live up to expectations, but I admit to personally being somewhat let down by Amalur.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:24:45 AM PST
JWK says:
Reach is WAAAAAAY better than Halo 3. Way better. H3's campaign may have been better than Halo 2's, but its a pale imitation of Combat Evolved's campaign, and now Reach and Halo 4 also have better single player experiences. ODST was crap, imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:29:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:30:44 AM PST
Lucanus says:
It's the holidays and I am happy. :)

On a side note I never felt UC2 was a massive improvement over UC1. Granted I thought (still do) UC1 was an excellent game. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:29:42 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
The title of the thread is "...didn't live up to expectations or hype."

That doesn't mean AC3 is a bad game, just thought it wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. It was incredibly boring. I can understand the first 1-2 hours of every game like that to be boring - but the first 5-10 hours? No thank you. Oblivion had the boring 45 minutes in the sewer thing, but once you got out it was there. Two Worlds II had the excruciating 2 hours on Orc Island. Risen 2 had the first hour or so in the main town under seige. Etc etc. But a game shouldn't have the introduction for 5+ hours. It was so boring, I lost interest and left an extremely 'meh' feeling. I will pick it up once it hits 9.99 on Steam and actually finish it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:43:17 AM PST
As sad as it makes me, I have to say Assassins Creed 3 too. I just thought this series had been so good that it just had to b epic, but it just wasn't. I think losing some writers really hard this game. Desmond's story was lacking, Conner's story was lacking, the moments during the Revolution that they picked for kind lacking too. I could go on and on. Still a good game tho.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:59:08 AM PST
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 failed to live up to the expectations I had for it in many ways. I found the campaign, when it was playable, to be incredibly boring, and more frustrating than fun. I was really looking forward to the futuristic weaponry and things of that nature, but once I got the game, I was just very underwhelmed. I feel that Ghost Recon Future Soldier better implemented futuristic weaponry. Also, all the problems that the game had (or it might still have, I don't know, I traded in my copy soon after getting it because it was so bad), with multiplayer freezing just really bothered me with this game. Treyarch had ample time to work on this game and it just felt rushed, incomplete, and broken.

Medal of Honor Warfighter was also underwhelming I thought. The campaign was way too short for my liking, and I felt that it was somewhat of a rip off of the movie, Act of Valor. I didn't touch multiplayer since I figured it was spawn-get sniped-repeat just like the last one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:59:23 AM PST
Yeah, I've got just an embarrassing amount of time spent so far on that game, and I don't see it ending anytime soon. I think I've put more time into BL2 already than Oblivion and Skyrim together.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:00:19 AM PST
lawlz! I'm sure you'll get me back!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:00:28 AM PST
oh i know I have. But I didn't really enjoy Skyrim as much, only played about 80 hours of it, and it got boring at about 60. I just wanted to finish collecting the masks. but nothing in the game could hurt me =/

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:04:12 AM PST
K Archer says:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. So much hype...but in no way lived up to it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:04:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
Your time will come. <Strokes mischievous mustache>

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:06:47 AM PST
Probably Assassin's Creed 3, as it ended up becoming boring. I sold it a week after it came out. Ditto for Resident Evil 6.

Twisted Metal was a tad disappointing, mostly because the single player was complete garbage. As a result. the MP felt a little meager. The game deserved more than eight maps, that's for sure.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft cheats customers: XBox Fitness was paid for, now being cancelled 9 5 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 1334 8 minutes ago
What the crap is a remaster? 10 32 minutes ago
Would you buy a used car from Hillary Clinton? 57 35 minutes ago
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 306 45 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3640 1 hour ago
Long weekend gaming 07/01 - 07/04: Obama threatens UK after British Amazon VGF voices intent to "Brexit" host site in preparation for annual U.S. Amazon VGF July 4th invasion. Phil Spencer and Shuhei Toshiba sent to moderate negotiations. 97 3 hours ago
What is wrong with some of these gamers who use twitch to stream? 13 3 hours ago
Anyone else think that the Steam Sale Sucks? 44 3 hours ago
Halfway Through 2016: Time for Another GotY So Far (Top 5) Thread 114 5 hours ago
Twitch Launches New "Social Eating" Category, Someone Promptly Eats Cat Vomit 15 6 hours ago
What are you looking forward to in the next 10 months? 25 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions