Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

LBP Karting Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:54:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 7:55:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:09:36 AM PST
Gamer Dude says:
From what I know there are 2 'preset' controller layouts. One of them is like MNR with R2 to accelerate and X to drift(my personal preference) and the other one has X to accelerate, for you traditional players.

I just like the feeling of pushing down R2, probably because it's shaped more like a guess pedal than a face button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:09:18 AM PST
I could not agree with this more. After spending years playing a genre a certain way it's hard to suddenly adjust and change what has been imprinted in your brain since a child lol. I still have fun with Mod Nation Racers but the controls never quite feel right to me because of the controls. I have similar problems with how Little Big Planet handles since I grew up with the likes of Mario and Sonic.

This doesn't detract from these games in any way in terms of quality, this is just a personal opinion and something that is only going to make sense to certain people.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:06:36 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I made it into the closed Beta too, so have had some experience with this game, & I thought even back in July it was pretty good - can only imagine how dynamic & polished it will be now .... I was into the battle arena - really liked that mode & the level with the grapple hook was pretty challenging too ... timing is critical. I always really liked my level 3 weapons .... the boxing glove is great !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:02:52 AM PST
Nah. They were offering an open sign up some time last summer. I just plugged in my name, and when they sent out acceptances I happened to get in.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:20:50 AM PST
Waldo says:
How did ya get into the Beta? From PS+ or something?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:14:15 AM PST
The minigames I played in the beta were fantastic. I think Karting Games could be much improved in general if those two games (MK and LBPK) borrowed off of one another to perfect their formulae.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:52:49 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I think there are lots of differences between MK & LBPK .... other than racing Karts, that's about all they have in common .... on LBPK you can level your weapons up, design your own tracks / karts .... you will have access to all the UGC. & the online MP will be a strong feature ... you'll also get the mini game modes .... so I don't see it as a copy or clone of Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:26:54 AM PST
Baloo6909 says:
Read the OP... LBPK doesn't mess with the standard kart game formula: you tap R1 (or a button of your choice thanks to customizable controls)...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:26:40 AM PST
Baloo6909 says:
Read the OP... LBPK doesn't mess with the standard kart game formula: you tap R1 (or a button of your choice thanks to customizable controls)...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:46:53 AM PST
1#Fetish says:
unless you're apple

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:24:25 AM PST
Waldo says:
Gotcha! Embrace the change though! lol Hopefully they will let ya configure it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:01:14 AM PST
Because I'm old and set in my ways, I've been playing kart racers since Super Mario Kart. When you are used to using a face button to accelerate and a shoulder button to drift, switching to the triggers just doesn't cut it. I tried to like MNR, but I can't deal with those controls. I hope this would at least give the option for another control scheme if people want it.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:53:18 AM PST
Waldo says:
Why would you want to use X to accelerate?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:47:56 AM PST
Question for those of you who tried the beta. Are you forced to use R2 to accelerate like in ModNation Racers, or do you able to use the X button?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:40:42 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Sweet, already own ModNation Racers, was wondering if this would be any different! Thanks OP!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 11:41:18 PM PDT
Prankster says:
This sounds great. I have ModNation and I love that game. Just never got a lot of time into it because of the loading problem and also these games are always more fun to play with friends. But United Front had done a great job with the game play. I can't wait to get this game on the cheap (only because I am going to play it solo again). If however I find a group to play with, I won't hesitate to pick it up earlier.

Also now any karting game is a copy of Mario Kart? I mean, I love the Nintendo game but come on, it's ridiculous that every game Sony makes is a copy. LBP is a franchise that's targeted for kids as well as adult and with the characters in the franchise and the way the whole series is developed, karting games make complete sense. These are the games a complete family can get sucked into playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:11:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 10:12:26 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:07:35 PM PDT
I hope that LBP Karting will have some great battle arena tracks. Just like good 'ol mario kart.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:57:01 PM PDT
The Doublicious is the greatest chicken sandwich known to man, women, and child.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:35:38 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
Fact: Nobody will ever make a tastier chicken sammich than the McChicken

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:33:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 9:45:34 PM PDT
I don't understand why fanthings get huffy about one company "copying" another.

I mean, nobody owns the concept of "chicken sandwich". If you think you can make a tastier chicken sandwich than anybody else, then you should do so.

Likewise nobody owns concepts like "chaotic mascot fighter" or "connecting a handheld to a console" or "kart racer" or "two analog sticks on the controller" or "games on optical discs" or "online multiplayer network", so if somebody else has a good idea along those lines, and you think you can do it better, then you should.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:22:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 9:25:18 PM PDT
"Flores para los Muertos says:
Is it really that hard to call them by their actual names?"

Of course not, but I know were the tables reversed and Nintendo taking something that Sony did, you'd shit bricks there mister pot.

Edit: Also, the fact that actual, grown (apparently) men take personal the fact that I'm pointing out that a video game company is ripping off an idea from another is far beyond the pale, and in itself deserves a shit ton of scoffing.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:08:32 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
Can't wait to see what kinds of crazy tracks people make :P creative mode sounds quite impressive

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:59:49 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
I love Mario Kart ... but LBP K offers a far more diverse experience - between the various battle modes, the create function, collectibles, MP this will have lasting replayability in a variety of ways .... I think the racing will be more challenging too, with the grapple hook & all that will add .... getting through story mode & looting the collectibles will be a blast ... I'm pretty excited to see all that this has to offer.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions