Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: America Needs a Divorce - written by a young college student.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 516 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2014 3:30:19 AM PDT
I'll actually take issue with the drug test thing. The fact of the matter is most jobs actually don't drug test and that a lot of jobs, especially anything having to do with the arts, culinary, and a massive chunk of scientific related fields stay away from drug testing as it would actually limit the job field.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 11:08:03 PM PDT
Nicos says:
SINCERELY,

John J. Wall

Law Student and not definitely somebody's grandpa.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:52:17 PM PDT
Tylerdurdon says:
Yea, except when you find pages of you flaming some racist guy...internet arguments, what a colossal waste of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:49:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2014 2:07:00 PM PDT
Ha, I missed it, but that sounds awesome. I'll see if I can dig it up. :-)

Edit: Found it. That did not disappoint, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:43:22 PM PDT
It's good for a blast from the past.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:41:28 PM PDT
Why are you so upset?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:39:31 PM PDT
Did you see the link I posted in FB a few days ago? It's Buffy the Vampire Slayer as written by Ayn Rand.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:19:07 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
:D

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 1:02:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2014 1:03:35 PM PDT
The Omar says:
All I can say is I don't generally make friends with a great deal of individuals who have strict Right Wing/Republican *Edited: nor extreme Left Wing/Liberal* beliefs. A few years ago, I was part of an organization dedicated to social justice for urban Native Americans. I learned a great deal about being involved with government officials, and how to work within the systems already in place. I'm not exclusively Left Wing/Liberal, there are several polices, particularly with immigration and education, that I have a problem with, and the Republicans seem to have the only solutions I'd be interested in supporting. However, this letter sounds like it was written by someone so far Right in their beliefs with respect to common human decency, that they are completely out of whack. One doesn't need to be Liberal or Republican to be a decent human being, one would need a little of both. Not everyone on Welfare is in it to mooch, and the job market is far worse than either party would have you believe. Perhaps I am close-minded...to idiotic opinions.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:58:55 PM PDT
FOGE says:
Ha, well two years ago!!! Im not overly fond of either side anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:31:16 PM PDT
Tylerdurdon says:
Ahh, ok. I found some ancient stuff another way. I can't believe some of the things we talked about.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:18:59 PM PDT
I think you've already won points for that observation.

"exact" is retracted. How about "this chain letter form" with the understanding that all political chain letters start at some point, and get mangled via the chaining process.

The point being, 99% of the content is re-used and un-original.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:10:58 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
So not the exact letter...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:10:14 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Ah, but now that you've openly stated it, I have to refer to you as a filthy Redstater. I'm sorry, contractual obligation. I'm sure you know how it is.

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 12:09:40 PM PDT
Lucanus says:
"We'll keep the SUV's, pickup trucks and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Volt and Leaf you can find."

I'd rather have a Prius.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:08:51 PM PDT
In tone, concept. Especially the "LIBRALS" part.
Obviously "new" things like "Nissan Leaf" were added.

YOu've seen chainmails before yes? YOu are familiar with how this works?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:05:16 PM PDT
FOGE says:
Thats an awesome thing to hear! Honestly, Ive never been huge into politics, and unless Im familiar with someone's views, I try not to talk about it too often. I enjoy the conversation, but I really do try not to let it define me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:04:01 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
This exact letter?

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 12:02:07 PM PDT
Nothing like Law-School right wing christian blow hards writing "Open Letter". I mean, that's some AAA content right there!

It's not like the exact content of this "letter" hasn't been written thousands of times over at EVERY SINGLE COLLEGE IN AMERICA since 1983?

Oh wait, IT HAS. We had a "right wing republican" guy at our college who did the Op-Ed page. He had this EXACT LETTER 20 years ago printed in our paper.

This is CHAIN EMAIL LOW RENT FORWARD BS from your drunk, right wing uncle who reads Yahoo! news.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 12:01:07 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Honestly I'd never really registered your political leanings. I think maybe you just didn't let em define who you are here, unlike some (myself included).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 11:56:55 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Haha guess so. Funny thing is, I never really noticed that much of a change. It all just happened so subtle over the years. Didnt expect to come here and learn how much Ive grown as a person. I have been trying to be less judgy and less stubborn. Before college, I was even worse. I grew a lot in college; becoming way more accepting of different people and views.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 11:55:08 AM PDT
FOGE says:
That was pretty much how I felt when I was younger. Then I realized that people dont listen, sometimes only for the sake of disobeying. Which is a truly amazing phenomena.

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 11:54:53 AM PDT
"--We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values. "

When do those start going into effect?

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 11:51:37 AM PDT
Poor FOGE. The VGF liberal brainwashing agenda is getting to him. Next thing you know, FOGE will start saying the death tax is actually a good thing. *shudders*

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 11:50:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2014 11:54:28 AM PDT
Ayn Rand *shudders* But I guess we all have to go through that phase in our lives as young adult readers/thinkers.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Is ISIS an 'Existential Threat'? 14 4 seconds ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 709 1 minute ago
Article: Things Are Starting To Look A Bit Grim For Sony's PlayStation VR 48 3 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3575 4 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 63 4 minutes ago
The Top 10 FPS Games Of All Time (According To IGN) 76 4 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 390 9 minutes ago
Zero Time Dilemma Watches Delayed 3 10 minutes ago
Scorpio Is The Last Fart Of The Dying Corpse That Is Xbox. 7 21 minutes ago
Xbox One - Keller Impressions 77 29 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 1294 34 minutes ago
New Game Technomancer 24 36 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  516
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions