Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Compatibility?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 6:38:01 PM PST
TheMagus84 says:
If a game for android on here says its not compatible with my phone, is it always true? Im not sure where to look for my android version but my firmware thing says 2.3.4. The game I want says the minimum is android 2.3.3. I dont know what any of it means but it seems silly that an android game wont work on my android phone. & how can kindle be android when none of the games for it are compatible with real androids? Its all ridiculous. I just want more games & hardly anyone puts games out that work on REAL androids. Its not fair.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:44:10 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Meanwhile in Africa...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:45:04 PM PST
Android Play has a return policy for apps if you don't want it within so many hours after buying, I think it's a day but I'm not sure. You can always buy it and if it doesn't work return the app.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:46:07 PM PST
Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific than that but I don't know what game you want, what kind of phone you have and I know of no way to check on that. I will say that I have seen people download games for phones that were not officially supported and it worked fine. However, I can't say that the game *you* want will work on *your* phone.

The best thing I can suggest is to read user reviews and see of somebody else has tried it on the same model of phone. You can also Google it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:47:16 PM PST
I think he is talking about the Kindle Fire version of a title or at least an app that is available in Amazon's app store.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:51:04 PM PST
Well if the app is a kindle fire edition of an app I'd say it won't work but there is probably a non-kindle version of said app.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 3:38:05 PM PST
TheMagus84 says:
No it doesnt say its a kindle version. Thats why im wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 3:41:18 PM PST
TheMagus84 says:
I know its petty but im already doing my part to feed people & work with the aspca. I like to play games in my downtime. Is thats so bad?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 4:37:14 PM PST
TheMagus84 says:
No its not a kindle version. I have a samsung facinate.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 5:18:45 PM PST
Like Jason said above, just because it's not on the list of supported phones, it might work just fine. One of the things I do in my job is supporting an app called Roampay X. Roam has a list of supported phones, but I know of several phones not on their list that work just fine. Dev's list devices that they know will work, that way they don't open themselves up to everyone that downloads the app on every phone known to man.

Best advice I can think of is see if the game has a demo and then try it on that phone. As to why it will work on some and not others has everything to do with how the OS works with the phone and which features is enabled for your phone. Also, if you have a newer version of a phone, it might not be listed on the supported list just because they haven't gotten around to it. The best example that I know of comes back to my work. If you go here, (http://devices.roamdata.com/device-center/index2.php) you will notice that it doesn't list the Ipad Mini. I am positive that it works, but Roam hasn't certified the device so it's not on the list YET.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Merry Christmas, all. 3 11 seconds ago
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 9321 1 minute ago
Lizard Squad attacks PSN Part 3. 7 18 minutes ago
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 378 18 minutes ago
The Xmas Thread (how'd you make out) 5 21 minutes ago
DriveClub Screenshots Show Unreal Graphics, One of The Best Looking Games Ever 32 24 minutes ago
Haha! Lizard Squad attacks PSN again! 81 26 minutes ago
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth and Fairy Fencer F Coming to PC! 3 26 minutes ago
*sigh* PSN down again....Lizard Squad douches at it again? 28 26 minutes ago
"Steam servers are too busy to handle your request to play a game" 3 28 minutes ago
Sony's online PlayStation Store victim of cyber attack 108 28 minutes ago
PSN Down.....Lizard Squad at it again. 120 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions