Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Crysis 3 Gameplay, Single Player...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 10:14:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:47:52 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I'm sure a few of you have seen this, but for the others...

This is actual gameplay footage, single player gameplay, the voices are terrible to me Capt. Price from COD4?!, such an annoying voice, is Psycho I'm guessing and Prophet's voice is of a goofy white guy ? Prophet is black. Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KW73TZTAH8

Looks like if it a'int broke don't fix it, but I'm a big fan of the series, day one for me. Plus since Cry2 was breaking into the platform game and they seem to be way ahead of schedule on Cry3 it should be a much more polished game.

I have to watch it again but it looks like they brought back the annoying rabbit punch melee (happens right at the start of the video) after I begged them to change it through countless emails, tweets, message board postings. It's so abused in multiplayer.

Release Date: Feb 19, 2013

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:18:39 AM PST
Water should mess with your invisibility, anyone who has watched Predator knows that.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:21:04 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yep, good catch

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:21:55 AM PST
K Archer says:
Can't watch it right now, but if water doesn't ripple or otherwise show movement when an invisible character moves through it its a fail. I'm pretty sure games from 10+ years ago had that happen...

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:24:37 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Anyone else think this may bomb hard?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:28:20 AM PST
That's not what I'm talking about. Clearly you haven't seen Predator.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:28:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:29:23 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Really ? I'll take that bet, may-o-naise.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:30:33 AM PST
LogJam says:
Who are the bad guys this time? Future octopi? Metal sea anemonies? Those actually sound like bosses from a mega-man game.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:33:33 AM PST
Looks like another FPS to me. They really need to start making games with good stories. I liked the suit abilities in prior games, but the narratives are so poorly constructed and told.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:37:05 AM PST
Crysis games are generally decent shooters with great graphics and sub-par stories. It's a tradition.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:39:18 AM PST
No, I don't think it will blow the doors off the market but I'm sure it will do OK.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:45:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:46:58 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I love the nanosuit though, love it, love it , love it. Throw in a predator bow and I'm sold.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:49:49 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Yeah i seen all the sp videos on youtube and it is making me kinda regret canceling my preorder. BUT.. as fun as crisis 2 was it did get old after awhile. I can definitely wait on this.. sorry hawk I won't be able to play mp with you til the price drops on this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:53:20 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Not quite the same buzz around this one as Crysis 2, and that MP sputtered into obscurity rather fast despite being quite good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:57:05 AM PST
Crysis series has a bad story? Personally, I always thought they were underrated. Sure, they aren't deep, but they are well done as any Sci-fi summer blockbuster, and a good one, at that.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:58:16 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I enjoyed the stories in the first 2 Crysis games.

Can't wait for this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 11:02:50 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Agreed the MP was very fun but no one played it which lead to people being forced to play drop zone or deathmatch only since it was impossible to get enough people for any other modes. The new hunter mode seems like a cool idea but I thought the same about the same exact mode from Max Payne 3 MP where 2 players are Max and Pasos and everyone else are the bad guys and the bad guy who kills Max or Pasos turns into Max or Pasos and it keeps on going til the end of the round. I played it once and never again it was too annoying to fight against 2 overpowered characters where at any time some guy can randomly steal your killshot and negate all your hard work and end up as the overpowered one.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:12:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 11:18:05 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Drop zone ? LOL. TILT!

Remember though that's when the PSN had the security breach at least for the map packs no one bought them, and that helped to kill that MP IMO. The MP has to be improved this time around. That still frosts me. I bought both map packs cuz I'm a fan of the series, great maps, guess how many games I was able to get in ? ONE total.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:26:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 11:27:11 AM PST
They're not interesting, well-told, or developed throughout the game as they should be. The narrative in Crysis is a bumbling mess.

Richard Morgan's involvement with Crysis 2 did nothing to help the game's narrative.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 11:48:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 12:04:13 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
If you say so, I found them just as entertaining and engaging as Dishonored's plot.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:02:02 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I found the story in Crysis 2 to be pretty amazing and sort of epic. My problem came with the dumb AI and not as much freedom to do things differently as it was advertised or as in Crysis 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:16:36 PM PST
If they fix the AI in Crysis 3 it could be my favorite FPS of the gen. The Ceph walking into walls continually kind of killed the immersion occasionally.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:23:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 12:24:13 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I thought the AI was excellent, I couldn't even play the supersoldier level. You guys prolly played the 360 version I heard they dumbed it down for the 360 version, so the masses wouldn't complain that it was too hard. :)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:25:02 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Scratchy drop zone must be from a different game right ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:27:48 PM PST
Too bad the Crysis world is as aesthetically bland as a brown paper bag. Dishonored's story came from the art, the in-game storytelling via audio and books, etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Pentagon Lifts Ban on Transgender Service Members Serving Openly 11 1 second ago
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 279 34 seconds ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4777 40 seconds ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1735 1 minute ago
IGN: 11 underrated Wii games 8 2 minutes ago
OT: Texas mom got into an argument with her family, fatally shoots both her daughters in order to make her husband suffer 332 3 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 07/01 - 07/04: Obama threatens UK after British Amazon VGF voices intent to "Brexit" host site in preparation for annual U.S. Amazon VGF July 4th invasion. Phil Spencer and Shuhei Toshiba sent to moderate negotiations. 74 3 minutes ago
Street Fighter V TV Spot - EVO 2016 on ESPN2 0 3 minutes ago
Humble Monthly: This month we get TWO survival games. :( 1 4 minutes ago
Street Fighter V - EVO Tournament in July will be broadcast on ESPN2 0 6 minutes ago
Halfway Through 2016: Time for Another GotY So Far (Top 5) Thread 63 6 minutes ago
Dad Admits Killing 6-Year-Old Son While Playing Videogames 31 11 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions