Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster confirmed for PS3, Sold separately on Vita

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 133 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2013 8:26:42 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:

The PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy X HD will include both Final Fantasy X and X-2 on a single disc, according to a 2ch rumor picked up by FF-reunion.

On PS Vita, each title will apparently be sold separately.

Each game will also include its respective International Edition content, according to the rumor. A release is planned for 2013.

*The information supposedly comes from next week's issue of Jump. According to FF-Reunion, the poster has a proven track record with these types of leaks.

This has now been confirmed by Jump.

Awesome news! I never played X-2 so I'm definitely going to get the PS3 version.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:28:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 8:29:44 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
X-2 is a very fun game with a decent story but the battle mechanics can be a bit cringe-worthy IMHO.

Also, I think this is somewhat bad news for the Vita unless the pricing is half or less for those versions versus the complete PS3 version.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:29:55 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I've heard X-2 wasn't the greatest but I'm still happy that I'll be able to give the game a shot finally.

More trophies as well! It's great that the games will be the International versions as well since we never got those.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:30:19 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
No interest in X-2, but it's nice to finally have this confirmed for PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:31:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 8:34:12 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Don't let the hatters fool you - X-2 is a GREAT game. That said, the whole "my job/class is determined by my cute outfit" bit is, like I said, a touch cringe inducing.

And yes, International Editions is a definite plus.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:31:41 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
X-2 had incredible gameplay but TERRIBLE story. Can't wait for this.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:33:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 8:33:56 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Oh, Pardee, you're prolly going to want a guide for this. Think along the lines of FFXIII-2 - lots of missable sidequests/grinding opportunities that you'll want to hit along your way.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:34:44 AM PDT
Curses, I was hoping for cross play. I may want to do these on the Vita, or I might feel like doing them on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:38:12 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I was too. Going to be a tough choice, might have to go with both.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:43:34 AM PDT
S. Brown says:
This will be pretty cool. The last time I played X was last generation, so at least 6-7 years ago. I never played X-2 but I'd give it a shot.

Think this will have a $60 price tag? That might be a bit steep for a first-day purchase, but I'll certainly be getting it at some point.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:46:28 AM PDT
They might go full-price on it, which sucks. But if any game is worth $60, FFX is.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:47:21 AM PDT
going to double dip both !!!!! can't wait

X-2 has IMO the best battle system of all FF's

X is just great goodness

please hurry & release

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:52:53 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
Whaaaat?! Nooooo. I wanted to play this on the Vita, but it seems like a better PS3 deal. Boo. If remote play worked, this would be fine...

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:52:59 AM PDT
Day 1 for me. Like many have said, X-2 is a far inferior game to X...but the gameplay is actually a bright spot in the series. The story leaves a LOT to be desired

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:57:42 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD is $40 and contains 2.5 games. So... I'd think $40 or $50 if they wanted to stretch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:58:23 AM PDT
Good point! I forgot there is precedence for this. When does that KH come out? I never played those.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:58:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 9:00:32 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Thank God! I sold my FF X awhile ago and my BC ps2. I did so expecting to buy FFX HD, given I have rebought my ps2 games in HD on the ps3, I didn't need BC anymore. I was worried the HD remake was Vita only. You made my day Pardee, thanks for that. FFX HD is a day 1 pickup for me, I love that game. :)

Side note, I hate X-2 with a burning passion and will pretend it doesn't come with FFX HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:59:48 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
2.5 games?

KH1 and KH Re: Chain of memories which is definitely not worth teh price of admission. Fun at first but then it goes on for another 20hrs of the exact same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:00:18 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Hatter. :p

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:01:06 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Honestly it was the charcter "Brother." I just can't stand him. Worst character ever. I actually think the battle system is solid and the story decent.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 9:01:08 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
Now I am torn between the PS3 version and the Vita version. I suppose I will wait and see where the prices are set.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 9:01:43 AM PDT
Teahouse Fox says:
If they really revamp the graphics, this might make me buy a PS3 :P. If nothing really changes, then... not so much. I still have my old phat PS2.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 9:01:51 AM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
I really don't think Im gonna drop the money on X-2 again. Story is key for me in RPG's and I just couldn't get into the who Y.R.P. cutesy girl power theme. Minigames were kind of boring too IMO. Im all in for X though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:02:58 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
I don't think there's a set date yet? But it just came out in Japan.

D_Srasse, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not another game. A lot of people don't like X-2. Same boat then, isn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:03:53 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Brother was a sucky character but he's such a small part of teh game. He does what, part of the crew once they get the airship?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Wow meta Tron, you were right about Supper Bunnyhop! 4 59 seconds ago
I just bought a PS4. HDD upgrade question.... 6 1 minute ago
$350 PS4 With $50 Gift Card and Uncharted Collection or Last of Us 58 7 minutes ago
The Witcher 3: Patch 1.10 Changelog (It's huge) 9 8 minutes ago
OT: Anybody Else Here With Adult ADHD? 61 13 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 774 17 minutes ago
OT: 2015 MLB Postseason 60 17 minutes ago
Telltale dates Tales from the Borderlands finale 1 18 minutes ago
OT: I really dislike fedora hats 23 19 minutes ago
Limited Run Games, a new publisher, bringing digital PS4/Vita games to disc 1 22 minutes ago
metal gear online 3 thoughts 13 24 minutes ago
Bloodborne or God of War III: Remastered (PS4) $25 73 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  133
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions