Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

IGN Reviews - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:30:19 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I have it, never played it. I thought it was more adventure than rpg? It is on my list of games that I need to play, along with 50+ others. Which is exactly why I will not be getting a ps4 or xbox 720. I have entire generation's worth of games in my backlog. I just finished up Noveria in Mass Effect, still easily one of the greatest games ever created. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:28 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
The Last Story is great and short for an RPG. Took me just over 20 hrs to complete.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:46:58 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well, if we're talking ME1 than I have to disagree (yep, I'm one of those few :p)

Anyway, the nice thing about The Last Story is it's relatively short, I did sidequests and battle arena and put in about 30 hours. Combat is an acquired taste but it just starts to work though I played on manual (I think it was Tron that recommended that setting IIRC.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:33:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:33:38 AM PST
elect Tron says:
It's more like an action RPG. The characters, story and game world are very much cut from the JRPG mold, but the gameplay is much more Western. I loved the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:45:17 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Fair enough, but yeah I am talking about ME1. I am late to the party on that series. I still have to play Dark Souls and Uncharted 3 as well.

I really need to move Last Story up on my list, sounds like a great game. My backlog will literally take years to finish out. I have decided no more new consoles until my backlog is cleared. The exception being the U, I couldn't resist Nintendo titles in HD.

Thanks for the information on Last Story guys, I appreciate it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:48:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 7:36:13 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
My backlog and the relatively length it takes to finish a game is why Xenoblade still hasn't been played yet and why The Last Story has. :(

With a game like Xenoblade, I can knock out 10 of 11 games in the backlog and do massive damage to list of games in it. But with Xenoblade being the last in the backlog, I've only really cut the amount of time in half. It's a mental thing I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:53:50 AM PST
klopas says:
I've been waiting on Xenoblade too. I'm scared it will take up all of my gaming time.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:03:49 AM PST
I.Flores says:
I was expecting don to dismiss the review because it was Colin Moriarty.
He didn't.
I am surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:06:56 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Well he's certainly a slobbering Sony fanboy to say the least, but the quality of the developer's previous work and everything I've read about the game makes it easier for me to believe him.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:08:30 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Sounds pretty good, I guess I'll keep my pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:08:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:05:34 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:17:42 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
GOTY 2013

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:26:36 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Very possible, with competition from Pikmin 3 and Last of Us. :)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:28:25 AM PST
John McClane says:
Look who reviewed it...COLIN MORIARTY.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:31:14 AM PST
It has nothing to with me being a "fanbot". I dislike hypocrites

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:35:02 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Is that the guy that defended the PSN pass?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:36:08 AM PST
Oh so he gave this game a good score so now you approve. Funny

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:47:36 AM PST
I.Flores says:
>> but the quality of the developer's previous work and everything I've read about the game makes it easier for me to believe him.<<

This applies to Naughty Dog and the Uncharted games too, and yet.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:50:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 8:09:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
No offense kind sir, but do you really you should be calling out other posters for not being open minded? Talk about irony. No offense, but really now Flores. Donnie not liking ND/Uncharted is no different than you not liking Nintendo/Mario Galaxy. Plus if I remember correctly, you don't think much of Gears or Halo either. But perhaps I am wrong and you see Galaxy/Halo/Gears are great games? Though as it stands, you dislike the Wii, Wii-U, 3DS and 360; yet give other posters a hard time for not being fair and balanced.... sorry friend, but that is laughable. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:03:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 8:09:19 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about right now. I'm not a big fan of IGN and have never claimed to be. You're lashing out randomly at people for something that I'm pretty sure has never happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:04:44 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well personally I like Mario games, just not the Galaxy games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:04:50 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:08:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 8:11:38 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Sure, I am guessing there are a number of other Nintendo games plus 360 games you like. My point with Flores is I have never ever read a post of his that complimented any system other than Sony. He routinely gives the Wii, Wii-U, 3DS and 360 a hard time. He just doesn't strike me as the poster child for preaching fairness. I am perfectly ok with people having their own opinions, but some posters clearly have consistant opinions that reek of bias. I don't put you in the same category, not even remotely. A great example, just this morning you praised Last Story. You don't consistantly/systematically dislike Nintendo. My point was Flores is Donnie, just on the other side of the fence. :)

Anybody who dislikes Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Halo, Gears, Forza, etc has no reason to be bashing somebody else for being close minded as a gamer.

On a side note, I love Uncharted. Brilliant series and maybe the best new IP this generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:09:10 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:05:35 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:09:18 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
The Crash, Jak, and Uncharted series are all mediocre? O.....K......
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions