Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:32:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ok, cool. Any chance that you have a BKGA and a great shield?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:34:04 AM PST
It depends which character I used the BB glitch on. I'll have to look.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:34:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Cool beans.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:40:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 9:43:32 AM PST
Edit: Oops, probably should have read the whole thread :P

Congrats, just be prepared for Blighttown, its probably the most frustrating area in the game. I HIGHLY recommend taking the shortcut and not going the way through from the Depths. Even if it is your first time, that headache is totally unnecessary and its worth it to just skip it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 10:05:33 AM PST
You wouldn't happen to have an extra Avelyn laying around, would you?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 10:06:45 AM PST
I have actually never collected that crossbow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 10:44:54 AM PST
Chris... says:
If he doesn't go through the Depths entrance then he'll miss his chance at grabbing the Iato. The Iato is the easiest Katana to grab as the other two require you to kill a couple NPCs before you can get them. I would grab the Iato then use a homeward bone and bail. I agree with you that that's the worst part of the game. Go the back way and save yourself much heartache.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:01:27 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
btw....got a message saying I had been invaded while I was playing yesterday, but never saw anybody outside of phantoms and one dude I summoned to help me with the gargoyles. Is that pretty normal?

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:16:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 11:19:05 AM PST
Chris... says:
The invader gets sent back to their world once you go through a fog door leading to a boss. So it could be a case of him not reaching you before you crossed through the door.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:18:32 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
That did happen not long before I went through the fog door to get to the chapel roof and fight the gargoyles. Probably for the best then, lol (although I did actually die pretty much right away after going through the door anyway, lol).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:19:30 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Strange. So, they cant interact? Or they can choose not to? Not well versed on how all that works.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:24:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 11:25:32 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You can summon two NPC's to help you in that Gargoyle fight if you need to.

1.) Solaire- If you talked to Solaire after the Taurus Demon and before you ran across the bridge his summon sign will be outside of the fog door to the Bell Gargoyle.

2.) Lautrec-You can rescue this NPC if you go around where the dancing demon was and all the way back through that hallway, then break the door with light coming through it, and at the top of the stairs in there is a man in a cell. the key to open the cell is called the Mystery Key and can be found in the Undead Parish on a corpse, after you open the cell, you can take the shortcut back to Firelink Shrine and talk with him on the ground outside of the Firekeeper. Once you talk to him there, you can then summon him by finding his symbol outside of the door to the Bell Gargoyles. His sign is after the first or second ladder across a gap in the floor.

You have to be human to summon NPC's, so if you are Hollow, then you need to spend humanity to become human. You should have collected some humanity by now. Let Lautrec and Solaire draw the attention of the first bell gargoyle away from you so you can focus on chopping off his tail to get a weapon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:27:13 AM PST
Sars says:
They can interact he probably just didnt reach you, or went the wrong way to find you. sometimes it takes a good while to find someone depending where your at.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:32:23 AM PST
Chris... says:
I misunderstood what you were saying about the phantoms in my first response. Once I realized what you meant I edited it out. Invaders are considered black phantoms/dark spirits. The phantoms you were talking about seeing are the "ghosts" of other people playing the game, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:34:43 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
You know, I thought it was another player, but I think the second guy I got to help me WAS named Lautrec. I dont remember using the key though, so I'm not 100% sure. I'm gonna check....my last bonfire was the one by the bridge with the dragon, so it isnt far. He's upstairs in the chapel? Or by the elevator? I guess I can crack open the guide and see since i already finished up ringing the bell.
Solaire helped as well btw the second try. First try, I was still hollowed or whatever. Second try, I restored my humanity before going back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:36:31 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Yes. They definitely werent black, although it's good to know what to look for. I do have a couple of those banishing things (I'm at work right now and dont remember what they are called right now) just in case.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:37:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
If you already rang the bell then Lautrec rescues himself and is sitting at the lower level of Firelink Shrine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:41:21 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Cool. Less doubling back then. Although I actually will still prob double back anyway since I want to visit the blacksmith again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:55:22 AM PST
Eh, I've always just gotten the Uchigatana off the first merchant. I just buy up all the stuff I need and murder him. The Iato is nice and all but eff that place in the A. You can also just join the Forest Covenant and buy the Uchi and I believe the Washing Pole from the merchant guy who shows up in Blighttown. The ONLY thing worth getting going that way is PW. And I usually just hold off till I'm a bit overpowered to go through and grab that. And even then its kinda annoying.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:57:56 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Covenants. that brings up another question I have actually. Can you belong to more than one? I'm playing a healer and I guess I was automatically shooed in to the one the first priest you meet belongs to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:58:49 AM PST
One at a time, but you can leave them at any time to join another. You'll just lose some of your rank in the one you left.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 12:22:38 PM PST
Only one at a time. The best starting class is Pyromancer, the fire spells early on help a TON and you can easily move them in the direction you want to go for pretty much any class. Personally I usually avoid the Way of the White as you can get his spells later without joining the covenant. The Forest Covenant you almost have to join otherwise it makes the trek to Sif kind of annoying. Other then that its pretty much all up to your personal choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 12:49:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 12:50:36 PM PST
Chris... says:
Yeah I guess there are many ways to go about getting a Katana, I just prefer the Iato because it doesn't require the killing of a merchant or a hefty amount of souls. Plus the Uchigatana is a lot more brittle than the Iato.

Peter, whichever one you choose I would make it a priority to grab one of the Katanas. They're among the best weapons in the game IMO and the bleeding damage they cause is insurmountable. I have a fully upgrade lightning Iato and a fully upgraded fire Uchigatana and I used those two swords exclusively until the dlc came out and I got the Greatsword of the Abyss.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 12:53:33 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
How many New Game +'s were you in? Because a lot of the magic weapons become incredibly weak about mid way through the first NG+.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 1:04:02 PM PST
Chris... says:
The Katanas do start to lose their punch in NG+ but you can craft a fully upgraded lightning Zwei to hit for over 700. I think it has more to do with the sword than the element. He's in NG though so I think Katanas are the best way to go in NG.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions