Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: America Needs a Divorce - written by a young college student.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 516 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:24:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:25:05 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
You could shorten this "essay" to one line:

"I like fanning inflammatory bipartisan doctrine for political alignment X, so here are a bunch of sweeping generalizations so let's have a divorce for some reason.

"PS: I'm actually clever. Promise."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:24:42 AM PST
Chinese food again, I love me some chinese.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:25:50 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I'm only really compelled to vote in our local elections (and propositions/etc.). Everything at the national level becomes so broad that it feels disingenuous, and I don't live in a swing state anyway. I watched a local debate and it lacked the constant feel-good talking points and baseless attacks that I understand filled most of the time in the presidential debates.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:26:00 AM PST
I'm having a tax cut sandwich with some repeal obamacare soup! Sorry I had to! Damn election is it over yet!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:28:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:29:13 AM PST
i had some chicken tacos...wasn't feeling for a bowl....how's the brown rice?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:32:10 AM PST
This letter has "jimmie rustler" written all over it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:32:22 AM PST
well they can keep honey bo bo... west boro baptist church...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:35:15 AM PST
Ice King says:
The bowls are good, but without the shell you get a lot of excess juice when you get to the bottom.
Unless you get rice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:36:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:41:44 AM PST
Love me some excess juice when I get to the bottom....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:38:15 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
He could have thrown out a bunch of actual statements of truth rather than nasty stereotypes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:39:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:41:24 AM PST
Ice King says:
America happens when you punish the hard workers and reward the lazy.
This country was built on the backs of the working class. And today we have people who are born rich and think that they've accomplished something when they manage to stay rich as adults. I don't like to quote people often, but the saying "born on third base and thinks they hit a homerun" is very appropriate for a lot of them.

Most of this list is just silly nonsense that will get the flag waving, bible thumping dolts who think they need to "take America back" from that evil Muslim dictator Obama to stand and cheer. Anyone with even half a brain will see it for what it is though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:41:26 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
The battle between McCaskill and Akin has certainly been anything but feel good and free of personal attacks, though. I want to send them both to time out. This is now how grown adults should act.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:41:50 AM PST
That guy is rather successful at trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:47:22 AM PST
Why do people always have to not compromise?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:50:22 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Aw come on now, everyone knows college kids have such a vast pool of life experience to draw on wh...

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, sorry. It was too absurd to keep typing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:51:26 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Dang, you almost managed to choke it out at the end there!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:51:35 AM PST
The sad part is the posters on this forum who jumped in with "I totally agree with this dude!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:53:56 AM PST
The sad part is you are from Minnesota! Sorry I had to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:54:10 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Shame on me for thinking this would be interesting rather than some conservative spouting about how the right is better than the left.

Wednesday will be a great day. 3.75 years of not hearing about presidential elections

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:57:16 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Not that the country doesn't, perhaps, need a divorce. I think we are reaching the point of irreconcilable differences, but this won't be an amicable divorce when it comes (And with the way things are escalating, I'm only all too afraid that it WILL be coming).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:57:22 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yeah, I liked it better when Claire was sticking to running as "the most moderate moderate" in the Seante - but that was a while ago. I can't tell anymore when it's one of her ads or a superpac attack ad on her behalf. I read some article about a ton of outside money coming in (on both sides) to influence that race.

I thought the two candidate interviews on channel five were okay though - still a fair amount of attacks, but not overwhelming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:00:29 AM PST
FOGE says:
But I am clever. Just wasnt in this post. Lasagna, garlic bread and cream of potato and bacon soup. Im going to wreck the toilet in a moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:00:30 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I can't really blame her though. She was refraining from doing anythign with the SUperPACs for the sake of principal, but Akin's SuperPACs have been downright disgusting toward her. I think she felt like the only way anyone would listen to her is if she started doing likewise.

And that is one of the issues I have with the current iteration of the electoral system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:03:15 AM PST
Kr155 says:
My honda was built in the us. right down the road from me in fact. your "farmer buddies" might not appreciate it but theres a good chance a friend of mine had a hand in putting it together. Is that american enough for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:04:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
My Hyundai was built over here as well. These companies put hundreds of thousands of Americans to work.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  516
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions