Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Attention Pilots: Post your Hawken callsign here!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 159 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:05:21 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Keji always complains about being on the winning team and completely dominating the other people. What he doesn't seem to realize is that he's just freaking good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:06:50 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Work.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:17:53 AM PST
Rev. Otter says:
i'll finally be able to download/install this weekend. hope everyone's still around. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:34:53 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh heck yes. I've been pining for this game for years. No way I'm giving up after one weekend of launch.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:50:24 AM PST
Rev. Otter says:
if you see "redshirt", that'll probably be me ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:53:14 AM PST
As if that has ever been an excuse to not play video games...

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:08:51 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I will install this tonight finally.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:07:05 PM PST
So lookng at the Meteor point prices, it's only $5 to permanently unlock a mech? That isn't bad at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:09:15 PM PST
Nope it doesn't seem too pricey at all, some of the items I think need to be reworked in terms of how much they cost but then again I think that helps keep the game from letting players just buy their way to a better mech.

I'm laughing how people on the forums are complaining though. Looks like we got spoiled getting 5,000 MC during the closed betas lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:12:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:12:24 PM PST
Definitely. Is the only to get MC buying them?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:14:43 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
The Hawken forums have been a mess since the game exploded in the general public. I thought banning MechMechanic would bring balance to the force, but then a bunch of whiners jumped on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:15:58 PM PST
Yea MC cost real money but Hawken Points can be earned playing the game. I've got no issue with this personally especially with how prices are and the fact that you can't really buy something that is unstoppable. Internals come with a positive and negative effect, items are only a nice bonus and the regen time keeps them from being abused, and the mechs themselves are pretty well balanced. Even if someone threw down the money to fully stock a mech they'd still have to level it to open all the slots and even at that point they'd have a slightly tweaked mech which anyone can buy.

I think one of their best decisions was not to sell weapons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:16:53 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
And so far everything except paint jobs can be purchased using the Hawken points.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:18:42 PM PST
I figured the jerks would come out of the wood works once it hit Open Beta. I've just been letting my skills in game do the talking for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:19:01 PM PST
Some of those paint job prices are ridiculous...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:20:58 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Especially that purble and black checkerboard one. lol what. It makes your mech look like a jester. I used to worry that the camo would give an unfair advantage, but truthfully since your system automatically paints brackets on enemy mechs, it's a moot point.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:57:17 PM PST
Agreed. Nothing is a straight up instant win device. I would like be able to use different weapons on whatever mechs I want like in MW, but in terms of game balance for a F2P with microtransactions, I totally understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:58:13 PM PST
I fear that Adhesive does not understand what "camouflage" is supposed to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:03:45 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Camouflage was a pattern invented by the fashion companies and became popular with rednecks for no real reason, right? Like skinny jeans?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:05:50 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Eh, the brackets are a nice way to ensure that laying out the money for camo does not give you an unfair advantage. I'm fine with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:06:45 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm now imagining rednecks in camo skinny jeans. I'm scared.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:44:45 PM PST
Partially true. It is functionally used for the military, but rednecks who THINK they are badass wear it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:45:24 PM PST
Do rednecks wear skinny jeans? I thought that was just hipsters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:46:00 PM PST
You misunderstand. I'm saying that these patterns are fun to be able to buy, but they aren't useful like camo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:46:41 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
So can I buy a skinny jeans pattern or not?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions