Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Vanuatu's Independence Day and ... Sissy Boys!?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 1, 2012 7:26:43 AM PDT
Horizon organic milk is gross.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:27:08 AM PDT
I love the concept of following the same path you took there on the way back so you have to conserve supplies and such your first time through. My buddy had a heart attack when we hit the first safe house and it had double the normal supplies lol.

The water mechanics are pretty impressive too and make for some incredibly intense gameplay sections. Wish I had been recording yesterday when we left the gas station since there was a tank waiting in the corn field. We walked out there and I heard him grunt before we booked it. I got into the clearing first and turned out yelling at Wilbur to hurry up only to see him come out of the corn with the tank literally a foot or so behind him swinging away and just barely missing. My jaw hit the floor just watching him run and how awesome it looked with the storm hitting as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:27:33 AM PDT
Don't say the zed word!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:28:55 AM PDT
Haha, awesome... It's pretty terrific watching newbies take this game on.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:36:59 AM PDT
It's been a joy playing with him because he's discovering the game for the first time and he's learning from me at the same time so we're working on tactics and such constantly. I want to get a regular group together so we can run through with four man teams more often. Also hoping to get him on PayDay here soon as well.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 7:38:39 AM PDT
Also last night decided on what my friends and I are doing for Halloween.

My roommate is going to be Finn the Human.
I'm Jake the Dog.
My best friend is the Ice King.
His finance is the Bubblegum Princess.
My roommate's girlfriend is going to be the Flame Princess.
And her daughter is going to be Gunter.

It's Adventure Time baby lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:41:57 AM PDT
Look up Adam. He's always up for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:42:44 AM PDT
Adam is Omega right?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:43:32 AM PDT
That sounds pretty fantastic! My wife is doing the Wicked Witch of the west, while one lady friend of ours does Dorothy and the other does Glenda.

Me...? I'm doing this:
http://www.80stees.com/products/Slimer-Mask.asp

I have a T-shirt made to look like Venkman's uniform. I'll wear that with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:43:58 AM PDT
Yeah. Hit him up for any multiplayer you want. He's always looking for a game.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:48:07 AM PDT
We were sitting around yesterday trying to come up with ideas and we had come up with that or:

Me: Han Solo
Best Friend: Chewie
Roomie: Luke

or

Me: Wilfred
Bestie: Bear
Roomie: Ryan

Then Adventure Time came on and all three of us at the same time "ADVENTURE TIME!" then they made some phone calls to their ladies in waiting. I just had to check with Baxter if he wanted to be BeeMo.

Pretty awesome mask dood! And I'd like to see that shirt as well lol.

Speaking of Oz what do you think of the prequel? Looks awful if you ask me.

I'll definitely start hitting him up for some games then!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:55:30 AM PDT
Franco's an okay actor at best, but requires good direction to put out anything good, and he clearly wasn't getting good direction from Raimi in the Spiderman flicks. After those abortions, I don't know that I trust Raimi with this franchise.

Missus is an obsessee for Oz, so I'm also a little scared for her feelings and the potential back-blast of a crappy movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:15:39 AM PDT
Anthony says:
I've heard about some people deciding to copy DayZ in a Minecraft Mod called MineZ. looked pretty interesting from the youtube video i saw. still in Beta.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:17:05 AM PDT
I know this will sound odd but Franco was really good in Pineapple Express.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:19:09 AM PDT
Well, and he was pretty good in Rise of the Apes, too. I just think stand alone he's not all that terrific.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:22:53 AM PDT
Franco is very hit and miss in my book as well, I liked him in Planet of the Apes but I never cared for him in the Spiderman flicks, he felt way too forced like he was going against his natural order to be nice with everyone or to be mean when he had to. The movie though just seems like an odd direction to explore and even odder is putting Raimi in charge of the whole flick considering he hasn't produced anything decent in some time.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:23:46 AM PDT
Yeah, I just don't trust Raimi.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:26:39 AM PDT
I just don't see what people see in him...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:30:11 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
I'd say both Franco and Raimi are pretty hit and miss with more misses, so Oz has a slim chance of being great, I'd imagine. Who knows, though, maybe it'll surprise us.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:33:22 AM PDT
Just seems like an odd pairing to me, especially with Raimi's more "horror" focused background and all. Then again Hollywood is running out of ideas and we're getting to the point where Warner Bros. are considering a prequel to The Shining and right now a script is being written up to see if it is good enough to do or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:39:39 AM PDT
I skipped that in one of my "RAWR, remakes" moods.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 9:02:59 AM PDT
I suggest you run back and watch it. It's actually really solid. I will say that when you watch the behind the scenes featurettes where you get to see Andy Serkis before all the CG I feel like Franco deserves an Oscar for managing to keep a straight face through the whole film.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:36:36 AM PDT
Wow... Just blows my mind that the Wheel of Time is over. Can't wait to pick up the last book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:00:45 AM PDT
noted.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:02:18 AM PDT
Also Andy Serkis (and his whole motion capture studio or whatnot) is some of the little motion capture I like. More often than not I can spot motion capture from a mile away and I'm not a fan of it. I especially hate it for animated movies.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions