Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

20/02 PlayStation Meeting ||OT||

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 945 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 10:36:36 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
who knows, havn't played prototype 2 yet. gonna wait till it gets lower than $38 to buy.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 5:33:08 AM PST
how does prototype 2 stack up against infamous 2?

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 1:36:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 1:37:08 PM PST
pokritz says:
i got into the saints series pretty late...black friday when SR3 with all the dlc was $25...that game was seriously fun coop and even playing alone

excited about a 4th even though THQ (right?) isn't handling it

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 1:11:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 1:12:29 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
i'm looking forward to Saints Row 4 on PS4, can only imagine what it'll be like.

http://n4g.com/news/1175287/rumor-saints-row-4-already-in-production-for-ps4-and-xbox-720

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:17:22 AM PST
FOGE says:
I liked the collectibles in the PS2 GTAs. For every 10 cocaine packages, you got a free gun at the hideout. That way if you missed a couple, you still get most of the benefit.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:12:31 AM PST
Yeah, I remember I spent an insane amount of hours getting all the Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum... I guess I can see it, but I enjoyed the collectables. Of course, I enjoy collecting games too so maybe there is a correlation...

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:01:13 AM PST
Subject7 says:
I don't bother with collectables unless it unlocks something useful. Hunting down 400 doodads just for a single line of praise is ridiculous to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:55:21 AM PST
FOGE says:
Trust me. Im not. Im not a fan of collectible. Infamous is one of the few games where I go after collectibles.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:53:13 AM PST
mega Tron says:
That's too bad...Arkham City, in the last quarter of the game, turned into one of the best Batman stories I've ever seen/read/heard/played.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:52:57 AM PST
Don't even bother with the Ridder trophies, there are 400 of them!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:52:27 AM PST
Just for that game specifically, I want my Batman game to be very story driven. I have a character in Oblivion that has 160 hours into it and I never finished the main quest, it's not for every open-world game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:51:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
I actually agree with him. I find Arkham to be a very distracting game. Its hard for me to focus on the story and I get bored doing sidequests and collectibles. I really like the game, but its hard for me to get excited about it. I m only a few hours in after starting it a few months ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:50:00 AM PST
Really? I felt the side quests were entertaining and a good way to step away from the main story and do something different. Does that bother you in all open world games?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:39:44 AM PST
Ahh, a lot of people like the story of 2 better, and it is more fleshed out. Give it a try. I'm not much of a "story" guy in open world games like this, they tend to get lost in the mass of sidequests. That's where Arkham City lost me, they took a comic book with a streamlined, action packed story, and turned it into a collectable-ridden yawnfest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:38:22 AM PST
mega Tron says:
Infamous 2 > Uncharted 3

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:37:59 AM PST
FOGE says:
They are both great games. I beat I1 twice (good and evil). Glad you like it :)

Its basically whatever you are feeling, but Id say UC3 is the better game of the two.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:33:00 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
See, the main thing I remember not liking in the first game was the story. Just felt kind of "blah" to me. I may give the series another spin since they should be cheap after this summer before the PS4 launches.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:32:24 AM PST
Just recently bought Infamous 2. Beat Infamous 1 a while ago and loved it. I also need to get started on Uncharted 3. Not sure which one to start first.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:31:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
As much as I want agree with you on that, I am in love with the InFamous series and am really looking forward to the third one. The story is really getting fleshed out with each iteration.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:31:06 AM PST
I think the story is better in the first, but the climbing and traversal is way better in the second game. Overall, I'd say they are pretty much equal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:30:11 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ha. Brilliant minds...

Just started an evil play through of I2 last night. Such a fun game. Only thing that stopped my play was the Americans last night. Great ep for those watching.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:29:24 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yeah I've liked every other Sony exclusive I've played, but just can't get into that one. I think the Infamous dev should have started a new IP for the PS4, and then released this game in the system's second year.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:28:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 7:28:34 AM PST
mega Tron says:
The second one is significantly better than the first.

If you fundamentally disliked the gameplay of Infamous, then you probably won't like the second. But if it was more the monotony or the stale environments of the first game that you disliked, the second game completely fixes those issues, and also adds a much deeper combat/abilities system.

EDIT: kind of ninja'd by Foge

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:27:47 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its a big improvement gameplay wise, but if you didnt like the first, you probably wont care for the second either.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:26:58 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Personally, I never could get into Infamous. The games look great, but after beating the first one, I had no intentions of buying the second one.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  945
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions