Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 5:50:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 5:51:11 AM PST
This game is brutal and amazing.

A buddy stopped by yesterday and logged onto his steam account to show me it. The graphics are sleek and the gameplay seemed spot on. It's also hilarious that you can get your shield/sword arm chopped off and still continue playing. Whenever you're decapitated the camera stays on your head as it rolls off.

Anybody else playing this game? On Green Man Gaming they have it for $14.00 now with the coupon code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9. I just picked up my copy a few minutes ago.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:52:12 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I watched several videos last night. I think i need this NOW.

Its all MP , though?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:53:16 AM PST
I've got it and a few friends have it as well. I think Tron also picked it up, not sure who else on the VGF has it.

I love the team objective maps. I primarily use archer or knight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:53:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 5:53:43 AM PST
Yes, it is all MP. I was worried at first about the longevity/size of the community but it topped the steam sales charts last week and when we logged on there were 150+ servers.

I was playing on a 60 player server with zero lag issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:53:37 AM PST
Yes. There's a tutorial, but the rest is all MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:56:56 AM PST
Nice.

We will have to get in a game together sometime. I have 2 friends who have it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:40:42 AM PST
Is it sort of like COD?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:42:43 AM PST
Love this game! Gonna start playing more now that my monthly social obligations are done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:07:44 AM PST
Iso says:
With swords and arrows, correct.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:10:09 AM PST
Yeah pretty much.

But stabbing someone with a "knife" is waaaaaay cooler.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:26:30 AM PST
I gotta pick this up lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:01:12 AM PST
60 players?! Oh, God, I need this game.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:07:08 AM PST
I usually play with 24-32 players in team objective or it gets waaaaay too hectic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:08:54 AM PST
Hectic? More like crazy accurate! I'm drooling at the thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:10:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:11:43 AM PST
Haha...It's so epic seeing a large group of people rushing the other team, the war cries are hilarious.

My friend was bent on playing team slayer...I'm definitely more interested in the siege type mode which has you invading the enemy castle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:12:00 AM PST
LOL

WARGGGGHRHRGHWRGRWGWRT!

I am the type of person that will archer the hell out of everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:12:16 AM PST
I don't recall, but do I have you friended on Steam? I know you've become a PC guy like Cap and I, but I don't think we've actually gotten to do any games together.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:13:49 AM PST
I'm not sure, I think so but if not jronk21 is my name.

My schedule is kind of crazy right now so I barely get to play any MP with friends on PC. Hopefully tonight I get a solid 2-3 hours without interruptions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:14:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:14:18 AM PST
Objective is just way too much fun for me to play standard deathmatch all the time. I try to join servers that change gametype with every map.

I love the war cries. If you play with keyboard you can mash the C button to scream while you're running, or taunt if standing still. Just be careful taunting, you can't cancel it.

You can also use Z or X to select speech menus with a ton of different options. It doesn't go to chat, instead your character actually says the option you select. The "taunts" from that menu are hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:15:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:15:45 AM PST
"I've seen nicer things drop from a horse's rear-end!"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:16:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:17:07 AM PST
Yeah, I definitely don't have you on Steam. I'm gonna be getting my Hawken on tonight if I'm not sucked into Guild Wars 2. I broke away from it to help Keji not feel so alone on Hawken and it has slowly started to lose it's iron grip on my soul.

Frand me. themightyguest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:17:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:19:33 AM PST
Archer is tough to use. Depending on the bow you use the arrows have a ton of curve to them and certain arrows deal more damage to one class than another.

I think you need bodkin arrows to even headshot a knight wearing a helmet unless you knock the helmet off first. Or shoot them in the neck. That works too.

It takes forever to swap from bow to a dagger or short sword, so you need to plan ahead or hope your shot catches them where it counts. I usually aim for the heart when they get close. Instant kill as long as your arrow pierces their armor.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:26:55 AM PST
Will do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:37 AM PST
There are some excellent archers out there though! I got picked off in the neck or face about a dozen times when charging them and I usually have my shield up.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:54:24 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
man this game is addicting. i got it a couple of days ago and have been playing a solid 2-3 hours a night. the objective maps are the best. i do hate when there are tons of archers on one team though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions