Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

megaman x street fighter: The Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 1:10:52 PM PST
dwood78 says:
For those for downloaded the game, what's your thoughts on it?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:30:37 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
I liked it. My only gripe is I wish megaman would've got better powers from some of the sf characters. I mean c viper gives you the optic blast? Blanka gives you a watermelon you can kick? I also thought megaman shooting a hadoken from his mega buster was a let down. Looks almost the same as a charged buster shot.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:46:57 PM PST
Coffee says:
Came here expecting like an official review, was a little dissappoint.

So Hiro, your gripes are with the animations and graphics only? How about the gameplay -- does it hold up to the other older, classic Megaman games?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 1:56:41 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
I mean it basically feels the same, which is a good thing. The enemies in levels are pretty well designed and it definitely has that classic feel to it. I guess the levels are sort of short, but really not too much shorter than the levels in say Megaman 2 or 3. Yea my only real gripe is their choice of powers that you get from certain street fighters. Really just the 3 I mentioned, every other street fighter pretty much gives you exactly what you'd expect from them. The boss fights were all done really well and they really do all the stuff from their SF games.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:57:25 PM PST
Punk! says:
I'm downloading this tonight, I just hope trying to play it with the 360 dpad doesn't turn me off of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 1:59:47 PM PST
Coffee says:
That sounds promising, thanks! I'm a sucker for the classic Megaman games.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:01:22 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
I'll also say all the 8 bit remixes of street fighter themes are awesome. Also beware of a certain boss. He's quite cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:08:00 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Download Motion in Joy and use a PS3 controller instead.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:14:07 PM PST
jSten says:
The only question that matters: Can Megaman spinning piledriver?

:D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:16:13 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
No Zangief unfortunately :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:46:38 PM PST
Nicos says:
!!! Not even Mecha Zangief as a Wily Castle.. err Shadaloo Castle boss???

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:26:00 PM PST
Downloaded this today and I've rather been enjoying it for the most part. Definitely challenging and feels like a classic Megaman game except for how the game teaches you to play. It sort of fails in introducing you to elements then putting you into a battle situation against them so this feels more like trial and error in terms of gameplay. I managed to take down Chun Li thus far and I've been dinking around in other levels (mainly Blanka and C.Viper) but haven't beaten them yet. I wish there was an actual options menu so I could tinker with the settings more, especially right out the gate with the controller. For some reason clicking my right analog stick was start and that took me some time to figure out lol. Once I got into the game and hit the pause menu it tells you how to customize everything though movement is locked to the left analog stick instead of the D-Pad with is a disappointment.

Still I'm having a blast, Capcom did an excellent job, and for the wonderful price of free I can't really complain.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:37:41 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
Lol I just found out last night that there's a code you can input that turns all game music into Guile's theme. Cuz ya know, Guile's theme goes with everything. :P
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa895f75c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions