Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Worst game story you've experienced lately?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 119 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2013 10:01:30 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Far Cry 3 has to take the cake. The advertisements and trailers made this game's story look really promising, but it ended up being poorly told, all over the place, etc. Ubisoft could learn a thing or two from Yager and their work on Spec Ops: The Line.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:02:46 AM PST
new Tron says:
Metal Gear Rising's story is pretty dumb. But I guess that was to be expected. Awesome game though!

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:03:35 AM PST
Skyrim.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:04:19 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3.

I still have fun with it, but the actual story makes no sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:27:24 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Really? I thought Far Cry 3 was pretty engaging and awesome overall.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:29:19 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I'm going with Asura's Wrath. The Earth is evil and trying to kill everybody, and the only thing that can save humanity is technology merged with spirituality...only, most of humanity will be killed for their spiritual power to fight the Earth with, so really, only a select few will survive along with their silly demi god masters.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:33:20 AM PST
Sounds straight out of the Bible.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:37:09 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Yeah. I was thinking something similar. My first thoughts were that I didnt remember the Japanese viewing the world like that. Then I remembered the huge western influence over there these days.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:47:43 AM PST
badguy says:
God of War 3 that whole power of hope thing totally ruined it for me why couldn't Kratos just refuse to die instead of going through that stupid section of the game where you follow Pandora through the darkness and just break off zeus's ethereal thumbs and beat him to death instead. That bothered me so much I didn't even get to enjoy Kratos' actual death which I had been waiting for since the first game. Theres nothing consistent about those games in regard to what Kratos can and cannot do one minute he can lift mountains then the next he can't even pull off someones limbs without major struggle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:48:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 10:49:34 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Me too, I thought it was a billion times more interesting and exciting that Dishonored's story, which is one of Uzi's favorites.

Opinions are great.

edit: But for the topic at hand I really can't think of the last time I played a game with a bad story.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:23:26 AM PST
SuperHiro says:
Aliens Colonial Marines

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:50:52 AM PST
C. Burpee says:
Inversion

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 12:13:27 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I still say Vanquish. ***SPOILERISH!***

None of it really makes sense (not that Platinum stories ever do), but after Burns betrays betrays you and you beat him, all seems to be forgiven and they don't give you the slightest idea why they don't hate eachother. If you can explain that to me, I'll play Lair.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 12:42:22 PM PST
I dunno, maybe the original Far Cry? I tried playing it again, god was that terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:52:33 PM PST
I couldn't even figure out what the heck was going on without referring to the lore provided outside of the game...and then things went to pots with the robo genetic super gorrillas.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:54:02 PM PST
It was poorly voiced, poorly told, and poorly written. Overall junk.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:59:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 12:59:47 PM PST
Horowitz says:
And you like FFXIII, The Last Remnant, and Star Ocean IV a lot.

Indeed, opinions are great, so don't get too offended by mine. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:04:46 PM PST
Yeah, I agree. I'm only a few levels into it but the story is nonsense. Then again, I'm a cyborg ninja killing other robots and I don't have a problem with that aspect of the story, so maybe my priorities are out of line, heh.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:06:53 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
This isn't meant to attack anyone specifically in this thread but I like how people are shocked over a Metal Gear Solid game having a completely ridiculous story...I mean has anyone ever played any of the previous games?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:09:06 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
Lol seriously.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:22:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 1:23:50 PM PST
"Then I remembered the huge western influence over there these days."

Asura's Wrath is an extremely loose retelling of Hindu mythology. So it's actually an eastern tale :)

Edit: I sort of agree with Uzi because the first island of Far Cry 3 has a tremendous story, but it completely loses focus once ***SPOILER*** dies.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:30:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 1:30:58 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I agree with both of you, haha. Every Metal Gear game has a hilariously bad story. People love some of the characters, which I understand, but they're not Oscar worthy performances.

Bayonetta was a game where I thought the story was both stupid and exceptional. It actually really fit with the absurdness of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:33:42 PM PST
FOGE says:
Try the Wii Far Cry. Ugh

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:39:50 PM PST
I'll skip it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:40:43 PM PST
More like the Bhagavad Gita, amirite?!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  119
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions