Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Worst Video Game You Regret Purchasing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 287 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:48:37 PM PST
Lat says:
This weekend I went to my library and for the first time in ages I decided to browse thru the tiny game section they had there. Anyway I made the fatal mistake of checking out Silent Hill Shattered Memories for the Wii...this game is seriously the biggest piece of crap I have ever played! The controls are terrible, you can't defend yourself because you have no weapons, all the game consists of is just walking around and getting chased by monsters that glomp you to death (im not kidding).

I still have this game checked out for another week but I'm dropping it off at the library first thing tomorrow! Just having that POS game in my house makes me feel dirty.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:29:29 PM PST
Not sure many people remember this game Dark Sector but it's horrific camera controls and glitches made me want to break the blasted disc in two.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:31:17 PM PST
Hey says:
Aw, really? I actually rather liked that one. Dark Sector wasn't the greatest game I've played but I enjoyed it all the way through.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:33:29 PM PST
My friend enjoyed the game too after I gave it to him which I'm happy he did but for myself I just didn't care for the game at all.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:41:19 PM PST
Cursed Crusade and Air Conflicts Secret Wars. Both games had the worst voice acting I have ever heard. Luckily enough, I paid less than $20 for both so no harm no foul in my book.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:34:19 PM PST
SimCopter

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:59:55 PM PST
Technosapien says:
This gen - AC3, Catherine, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3. Paid full price for all of these and regret it.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:39:54 PM PST
moh:w
gta4
bayonetta
mars attacks

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:56:46 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Brink...Damn that game sucks..

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:45:12 PM PST
I regret buying:

Mirror's Edge(360)-I just hate everything about it.
Mortal Kombat(360)-All the characters look like they are on steriods and the x ray finishers were implemented wrong.
Fight Night Round 4(360)-I hated the way they changed how you recover from knockouts.
Halo CE Anniversary(360)- I hate how it is so laggy and broken the online multiplayer, it made me go back to playing Halo 3's online multiplayer.
The Fight:Lights out(Ps3)-Man was the hype misleading, I constantly calibrated the two move controllers & changed my room around to help with my boxing but the camera never read my moves properly even when I went slow.
Uncharted 3(ps3)-I just think this game was truly rushed & underdeveloped, I loved & adored Uncharted 2 as my favorite Ps3 game next to Heavy Rain but 3 was a step backwards.
No More heroes:HP(Ps3)- It was horribly ported, too much screen tearing & frame rate issues for me to truly enjoy it like I did on my Wii.
The Wii zapper(Wii)- What a waste of money & time, could barely use it on certain FPS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:14:02 AM PST
I totally forgot about the PS3 Move game Fight:Lights Out, I agree completely that game was another atrocious release. Though only equal to the Kinect game Rise Of Nightmares that my friend bought and one I truly wish I never played.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:40:24 AM PST
Gameresq says:
The Wii Zapper was fantastic for Link's Crossbow Training, but otherwise useless

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:35:43 AM PST
I loved Rise of Nightmares. While it can get awkward having to walk in a Kinect game's 3D environments, it worked pretty well. I also dug the corny storyline as a House of the Dead fan. Probably my favorite Kinect game. Still waiting on Crimson Dragon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:44:00 PM PST
Lat says:
I disagree. The Wii Zapper was the stupidest thing they ever released for the Wii...$20 for a piece of plastic and a free "game"? please...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:59:01 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I feel like Link's Crossbow Training was worth at least $20 by itself. You should try playing it. It is very fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:47:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 4:53:55 PM PST
Lat says:
Negative. I had Link's Crossbow Training because I was silly and bought the damn Wii Zapper back when it came out in '07. The game was total crap and forgettable...and I'm a huge Zelda fan, not that it really mattered for Link's Crossbow Training but yeah.

But what really pissed me off the most about the Wii Zapper, was the fact that I bought it just to play Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles with it(another crap Wii game, go figure) but the game required you to press the "A" button on the remote to pick up weapons and healing items, which made the physical process of doing so while holding the Zapper impossible...did they actually test this thing out on any games beside Link's Crossbow Training? Biggest waste of $20 ever.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:14:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 2:36:18 PM PST
Lat says:
I totally regretted buying:

GTA IV (360) - Such a huge letdown compared to the PS2 trilogy. Everything about this game blows.
Bayonetta (360) - I know a lot of people liked this game, but I just couldn't get into it. The controls were retarded and all the characters were so damn bland and generic. I tried restarting the game over a few times but could never make it past the first act before I lost interest and stopped playing.
COD 4 (360) - The only time I ever let myself get pressured into buying such an overhyped and overrated POS like COD, all thanks to my idiot friends I had. It's been almost five years since and I still shake my head for buying a game I had zero interest in buying.
Alan Wake (360) - Had been looking forward to this one, considering it was in development hell for over 5 years, but it just really disappointed me...not really what I was expecting.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:42:20 PM PST
Bayonetta and Alan Wake don't belong in that list!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:54:33 PM PST
J. Graves says:
max payne 3 is kinda boring so i regret buying that one but its at least playable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:07:15 PM PST
Gameresq says:
It is unfounate that you disliked Link's Crossbow Training. It is not Black Ops or Goldeneye certainly, but I found it to be quite enjoyable.

I did not play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, but your impressions of it are consistent with others who have played it. I hope your gaming has been better of late.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:02:30 PM PST
I bought Link's Crossbow Training when it was $0.99 at Gamestop. Fantastic game. Couldn't believe how good it was for so little money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:17:40 PM PST
rpd123 says:
GTA IV was awesome. The trilogy of PS2 had absolutely no substance. The girlfriend thing sucked and mini games blew but the story was so awesome.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:19:10 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Dream Pinball 3D. Oh lawd....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:42:53 PM PST
Lat says:
The Ps2 GTA games had no substance? Seriously? San Andreas had a ton of side-quests, the stats system that you could level up by biking, swimming, working out at the gym, etc. SA's map was still twice as big as GTA IV. SA didn't have painfully slow and sluggish driving controls, and SA also didn't force you to do the same monotonous mini-games over and over to keep your friends "respect" level up just so you could get the "benefits" for it.

GTA IV was just a garbage game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:03:30 PM PST
rpd123 says:
substance- solid or meaningful quality

No, they had no substance. All of those are completely meaningless things. The story was generic garbage and the game played like the fantasy of a demented child. GTA IV introduced a (quality) story driven game that was incredibly fun. Mini games also weren't forced in GTA IV, don't know where you got that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions