Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Xmas edition: What'd ya play?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 95 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:59:41 AM PST
Elite holds up for a good long while. The helm is usually the first thing that I swap out, because the pinwheel fight can happen relatively soon. I've never used the BK Shield, any decent? I usually go with grass shield for regen or Eagle for, well, it's awesome for an early shield.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:09:57 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
Finished Aragorn's Quest PS3 and am replaying certain levels for more trophies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:14:47 AM PST
I farmed for two hours last night to get the Balder Side Sword and leveled it up to +15. Favorite new weapon.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:16:02 AM PST
FOGE says:
Brought my Vita to my parents house. Going to play little spurts of Mod Nation Racers and Resistance on it all week. I love MNR. Loved it on PS3; loving it on Vita. I wish I brought AC Liberation w me though. I'm in the mood to play that right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:16:14 AM PST
I sometimes switch to the Grass if I want that regen but I go with BK shield for the 100% physical protection and it has near 100% fire protection.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:21:26 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Borderlands 2. TVHM with my Mechromancer. Unlike my first stab at TVHM with Zer0, which was a bitch, this has been very fun. Challenging, but very satisfying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:21:36 AM PST
So you don't have to wait until you get to the DLC to get a good weapon to use now? That's good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:22:35 AM PST
Nope. I'm using that and the parrying dagger. So much fun!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:30:59 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Played a few hours of Bully: Scholarship edition and a bunch of Breath of Fire IV.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:34:02 AM PST
A lot of FFIV still. I got stuck entering the tower of Babil when enemies kept hitting me with Scortch and then I went out and ended up grinding for a while and made things too easy. Ah Well.
Also played about 10 minutes of Little Big Planet Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:38:05 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Did you pick up the Zweihander in your beginning of the game romp for free stuff?

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:47:12 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Wrapping up FC3 single player stuff. About 8 outposts to go, 6 or so relics, 10 people to set on fire (i've gotta be close by now), about 10 missions left. I like how this game keeps you on your toes.. the majority of harder guards i've just been setting on fire but now there are some that are fire resistant! :o I think one even went toe to toe with a tiger and won. Saving my c4 for them. Fun game! Co-op next hopefully.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:11:17 AM PST
I did but I haven't used it as I don't have the strength for it. I haven't uped my STR past 16 and have been putting the souls into vit, end, and dex.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:14:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think if you two hand weapons that you don't have the STR requirement for it makes up for that and allows you to wield it without penalty... Well, the penalty comes from no shield.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:16:39 AM PST
I think I just have the STR requirement if I'm gonna two hand that sword but I like having a shield.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:17:46 AM PST
It adds 50% to your effective strength. Not sure what the stat req's are for Zwei, but if you've got 16 you're good if you 2-hand as long as it doesn't require a Str of 25 or more.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:21:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ah, so if he has 16 and he two hands, he can wield weapons with a STR requirement up to 24, gotcha. I didn't know exactly how it worked, I just saw it for the first time on this play where it said if I two hand a weapons I can use it effectively.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:32:58 AM PST
Super Mario Kart

And I started a new file of GTAIV.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:44:23 AM PST
GTAIV, any good? I don't want a crime simulator, but if it's got a decent story, I might give it a chance since it's $5 here on ama at the moment. If it's just some stupid objective game without any redeeming qualities, just warn me away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:46:59 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Cuzin lez goi bawling!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:51:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 9:52:22 AM PST
Meatwad says:
For the last time Roman, I don't want to go f***ing bowling!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:53:11 AM PST
Joel H. says:
If you were a fan of the series you'd have played it in '09.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:53:21 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Ok cuzin, uhh, maibe nezt time?!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:54:33 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Let's see. Played some Halo Reach and Krater, started KZ3, E.Y.E., Forge, Rayman Origins, and Confrontation, played a lot of Persona 4 Golden, and got some Zen Pinball2 in as well.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:55:36 AM PST
Ok. I got it. There's bad russian voice acting and bowling. Is that it? Other than some stupid bowling minigame, beating up hookers, and finding different vehicles to drive around in, is there anything to inspire a desire to play the game? I'm really not trolling here. I've honestly never played any of the GTA games because I view them as crime sims and it doesn't interest me. Nothing against anyone who enjoys these; heck, I thought that Two Worlds 2 was great fun. I'm trying to see if it's worth my time, which I don't have much free currently in the first place.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  95
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions